5 6 7 8 9
NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/20/24 4:15 p.m.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/20/24 4:16 p.m.

In reply to TJL (Forum Supporter) :

Words can't describe how unhinged the "ceo" is getting. 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/20/24 4:20 p.m.

Including having a second Facebook for "Amy Jo Pit"

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
1/20/24 4:34 p.m.
NickD said:

And the final decision:

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
1/20/24 5:11 p.m.

Has anyone approached these guys to see if they would like to buy advertising space in the magazine?.................wink

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/20/24 6:17 p.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:

Has anyone approached these guys to see if they would like to buy advertising space in the magazine?.................wink

Better idea, has anyone convinced LostInTransit that P1's are the best tire? devil

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
1/20/24 6:41 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Did someone assume Amy Jo's gender?  Oh my!

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
1/20/24 7:00 p.m.

RE the wear photos in the original GRM article - does anyone else remember the BFG Comp TA R (or R1, can't remember) "groove of doom"?  Not making any sort of comment on these tires, just making a reference to the past.  Some problems return. . . 

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
1/20/24 10:31 p.m.

Meanwhile, at my house, apparently. 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/21/24 1:04 a.m.

In reply to JG Pasterjak :

Well here's what VU HQ looks like

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
1/21/24 5:46 a.m.
Jim Pettengill said:

RE the wear photos in the original GRM article - does anyone else remember the BFG Comp TA R (or R1, can't remember) "groove of doom"?  Not making any sort of comment on these tires, just making a reference to the past.  Some problems return. . . 

Oddly enough, the R1 "Groove of Doom" was caused by running LOW tire pressures...

Something about the asymmetrical sidewall construction to make them have effectively more negative camber, which worked great on preparation limited cars with poor alignment capability and narrow stock wheels.   They'd cord the middle long before the edges.

BUT, and this is key, they were a lot faster that way.  What makes for the fastest time does not always give you the best tire wear or vice versa.  And tires ultimately ARE consumables, so if you shave a half second off your times by dropping the tires to 24psi and maybe they tear the centers out early, so be it...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/21/24 6:43 a.m.

How soon til Robert Dupree goes full Randy and shows up on the doorsteps of GRM headquarters wanting to fistfight Andy Hollis?

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/21/24 8:20 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Unless you have Continental ECS tires. There is some weird German magic happening there where they have a combination of amazing grip for a non all out competition tire, even in the rain, even when it is 30 degrees (F), and yet they wear like iron.

Disclaimer: they don't sponsor me, I just buy their tires because they rock.

The Conti ECSs are just a magical tire. They make absolutely no sense

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/21/24 9:12 a.m.
Appleseed said:

How soon til Robert Dupree goes full Randy and shows up on the doorsteps of GRM headquarters wanting to fistfight Andy Hollis?

GRMs only like two hours away. I'll drive out to watch that E36 M3. 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
1/21/24 10:55 a.m.

Looks like they may have lined up another shop to act as a distributor......there's a post linking to True Performance Motorsport this morning.

rslifkin
rslifkin PowerDork
1/21/24 11:15 a.m.
NickD said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Unless you have Continental ECS tires. There is some weird German magic happening there where they have a combination of amazing grip for a non all out competition tire, even in the rain, even when it is 30 degrees (F), and yet they wear like iron.

Disclaimer: they don't sponsor me, I just buy their tires because they rock.

The Conti ECSs are just a magical tire. They make absolutely no sense

Which has me very sad that the new version dropped the 255/45R18 size.  So next time I need fronts for the E38, I either need to change to different tires, or I need different wheels and probably have to go to square 275s. 

Hoppps
Hoppps New Reader
1/21/24 11:36 a.m.

I'm just ready for Robby to shut up and do an unbiased test with his tire and it's competitors in the market. A lot of e36 m3 talk but no action......

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/21/24 11:50 a.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:

Looks like they may have lined up another shop to act as a distributor......there's a post linking to True Performance Motorsport this morning.

That's great for people interested in the tire and not the BS

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/21/24 12:32 p.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:

True Performance Motorsport is a pretty good dealer. They got me Nexen N Fera SUR4Gs when they were backordered everywhere else. I ordered them at noon, and they arrived at 8am the next day, and I was in NY and they shipped from CA.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
1/21/24 12:38 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

That is the time travel technology alluded to earlier.

Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
1/21/24 1:45 p.m.
Hoppps said:

I'm just ready for Robby to shut up ...

You don't like his music?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_Dupree

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/21/24 2:05 p.m.

If you want to have a Vice President title at a legitimate LLC, we're setting one up to be the fifth best autocross meme sticker vendor west of the Mississippi. 

ascott
ascott New Reader
1/21/24 7:59 p.m.
Javelin said:

I totally just realized something... Since VU Development doesn't have a business license, they also don't have a copyright. Somebody with more time than me can open a real VU Development and then have an attorney send the scammers a cease and desist letter for copyright infringement...

I think you may be confusing copyright and trademark. Any content anybody creates comes with implicit copyright protection whether you register it or not. But trademarks have to be registered with the USPTO and you have to do business under that trademark in order to continue to have it registered and protected.

Though they've not registered a trademark for themselves yet, either:

Registering a trademark is something any serious business typically does immediately. Ideally before they even begin advertising. You want that protection in place BEFORE giving somebody a reason to copy you.

But yes, you could potentially register a VU Development trademark and then send them a letter. If they sued you to fight it, you'd probably lose because they can produce copious evidence they were operating already and just hadn't gotten registered, and the only reason for you to register was to harass them. Then they'd take the trademark from you and give it to them.

So, the plan is fun to think about, but probably wouldn't work out very well.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
1/21/24 9:11 p.m.

In reply to ascott :

What evidence?  They have Facebook posts but they don't have any demonstrable actual business in the legal existence sense.  Until they have a business registered with the state they are just cosplaying.

rdcyclist
rdcyclist HalfDork
1/21/24 9:45 p.m.
ascott said:

But yes, you could potentially register a VU Development trademark and then send them a letter.

Why would you send the letter? Just register the trademark and let them find out later when they try to apply that it's taken. We just need to have some kind of automotive product and then the burden would be on them to prove they were actually a viable business before our VU Development Inc was established. With the speed of the courts nowadays, they might get their trademark in 10 years or so...

5 6 7 8 9

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
T1rJAoQQImiDxOqLJuinMDCqHFATCX8OB7bAAosPKMQVb4UpHGbh0RWJ0vttJ4M0