Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
6/30/13 6:09 a.m.

What a bad dealer. Should have called honda customer service. I got a free transmission for my dads 150k mile accord, because Honda recognized there was an issue and my dad had done all maint on time. He documented an issue before the warranty ended.

Poop. When in doubt call factory customer service, you would have a brand new transmission by now or a new car with a hella good offer. They are in the business of customer retention and you don't even need to yell on the phone. Just be a nice guy, explain how many Honda's you have owned and that you are very disappointed in this one. Doors open.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
6/30/13 6:16 a.m.

http://automobiles.honda.com/mobile/information/customer-relations.aspx

Monday, call that number on the page above. Explain what happened and that now you, a long time honda customer, is looking at a Mazda unless they do something about it. Maybe you want a sweet deal on an ody van?

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
6/30/13 6:42 a.m.

Poop, glad you are getting the car back and that they did replace the transmission. IMHO they did not do right by you, they cut their losses as much as possible by dropping a boneyard box in it. The good thing is chances are you won't have any problems with it.

I do want to point out to all who posted in this thread about how 'Honda is the new GM' and similar complaints that this situation is NOT the responsibility of American Honda. It's between the dealer and the car owner because the dealership's service department created the problem and it's an internal matter as to how they straighten it out, when you get down to where the bear E36 M3s in the buckwheat in this situation AH cannot force the dealer to do a damn thing.

They can suggest etc but the dealership is a separate business entity (it's a franchise just like Zaxby's or McDonald's) and it's ultimately their call, not AH's.

Now, if the transmission had developed this problem on its own, was within the warranty period and the dealer had refused to warranty it, AH could and would most definitely twist their arm.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
6/30/13 7:11 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: Poop, glad you are getting the car back and that they did replace the transmission. IMHO they did not do right by you, they cut their losses as much as possible by dropping a boneyard box in it. The good thing is chances are you won't have any problems with it. I do want to point out to all who posted in this thread about how 'Honda is the new GM' and similar complaints that this situation is NOT the responsibility of American Honda. It's between the dealer and the car owner because the dealership's service department created the problem and it's an internal matter as to how they straighten it out, when you get down to where the bear E36 M3s in the buckwheat in this situation AH cannot force the dealer to do a damn thing. They can suggest etc but the dealership is a separate business entity (it's a franchise just like Zaxby's or McDonald's) and it's ultimately their call, not AH's. Now, if the transmission had developed this problem on its own, was within the warranty period and the dealer had refused to warranty it, AH could and would most definitely twist their arm.

^^^Bingo bango bongo. For the last time, I have a case# and case manager with AH, they basically told me to get bent. It wasn't the car's fault. It was the lousy dealer's fault.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltraDork
7/2/13 10:45 p.m.

Hennessy Honda of Woodstock sucks.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
7/2/13 10:50 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: Hennessy Honda of Woodstock sucks.

Hey, I heard that Hennessy Honda of Woodstock also sucks

HennessyHondaSucks
HennessyHondaSucks New Reader
7/2/13 11:12 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote:
Brett_Murphy wrote: Hennessy Honda of Woodstock sucks.
Hey, I heard that

Hey I herd that Hennessy Honda of Woodstock also sucks. When I said tranny to the OP , I ment this:

Not this:

hennessyhondasucks

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
7/3/13 4:37 a.m.
silvestre wrote: I always go for independent auto repair shops over main dealers. More trustworthy in my opinion

Now Canoes suck almost as much as Hennesy Honda of Woodstock sucks

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair PowerDork
7/3/13 8:51 a.m.

hmmm, is it possible to quantify the suckage of canoe with units of Hennessy Honda of Woodstock? like on a scale of one to Hennessy Honda of Woodstock, how much does a canoe suck?

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
7/3/13 11:14 a.m.

So, since this thread full of the actual reason Hennessy Honda of Woodstock sucks, let's recap, shall we?

The OP bought a brand new car, a nice Honda Fit Sport, so his wife and baby could drive places and he would never have to worry about them. Despite the fact that he is a very well qualified mechanic himself, he pays the dealership, Hennessy Honda of Woodstock, to service his brand new car so he never has to worry about the warranty.

This dealer recommended a transmission fluid flush at 30K miles, on a manual transmission. The OP, being the type to make sure his wife and child are taken care of, pays for this service. It turns out this service was not only not recommended by Hinda North America, but was a complete shill by the dealership, Hennessy Honda of Woodstock, to defraud the OP.

Some short mileage later, the OP's brand new car is covered in transmission fluid. A tow truck is dispatched to retrieve the poor Fit where the dealership admits they didn't tighten the drain plug, and it fell out. The OP's new car's transmission is now dead.

So what does Hennessy Honda of Woodstock do? They force the OP to accept a used transmission, voiding his 60K mile new car warranty, and Honda North America rolls with it. So now if the transmission were to break at say, 45K miles, the OP would have to pay for it instead of Honda because this dealership ruined his transmission with an unneeded service, and then screwed him over by not making him whole.

Did I get it all? Please, feel free to reiterate.

yamaha
yamaha UberDork
7/3/13 11:56 a.m.

In reply to Javelin:

You missed the part where he was so pissed by the whole thing he went to a Mazda dealer and was treated very well and got a Nice new Mazda 5.

That part there should be a nuclear bomb in Honda's reputation. All because of a E36 M3ty dealer and a company who wouldn't even make an attempt to help.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
7/3/13 12:10 p.m.

so does honda itself suck? Or is all the sucking being done by Hennessy Honda of Woodstock? Because, while its a well known fact that if you absolutely, positively, MUST have every dick, in your big bag of dicks, sucked, then you can only trust one baaaad mother-sucker of dicks, and thats Hennessy Honda of Woodstock. But, it is possible that aside from all the dick-bag-sucking that goes on at Hennessy Honda of Woodstock, who does indeed suck a big bag of dicks, that Honda itself also sucks, though, not nearly to the extent that Hennessy Honda of Woodstock can suck,...cuz booooy can Hennessy Honda of Woodstock ever suck a bag of dicks.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
7/3/13 12:15 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to Javelin: You missed the part where he was so pissed by the whole thing he went to a Mazda dealer and was treated very well and got a Nice new Mazda 5. That part there should be a nuclear bomb in Honda's reputation. All because of a E36 M3ty dealer and a company who wouldn't even make an attempt to help.

You are correct! I did forget the part where he went and immediately bought a new Mazda5.

You know, somebody with a gmail should probably post these reviews. I hear Google Maps is a good place to start.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
7/3/13 12:35 p.m.

I can't seem to find it, does anybody know who the actual SM poopy worked with was?

clownkiller
clownkiller Reader
7/3/13 12:39 p.m.

From the other thread:

"He was either promoted or demoted then. Scott (Riley? Bailey? My brain is so far beyond this clusterberkeley, I've already forgotten)

Little guy. Kinda funny lookin. He also sucks, and is a berkeleying liar. He's the berkeleynut who told me "Honda doesn't sell a new transmission for the Fit." "

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
7/3/13 12:43 p.m.

Scott Bailey, the Service Manager, got it.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
7/3/13 12:59 p.m.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hennessy-honda-of-woodstock-woodstock?sort_by=date_desc

Boy, that 1 star review from today sure looks bad!

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
7/3/13 1:00 p.m.
Javelin wrote: http://www.yelp.com/biz/hennessy-honda-of-woodstock-woodstock?sort_by=date_desc Boy, that 1 star review from today sure looks bad!

Make sure you guys click the "Useful" button on that review, so it always filters to the top.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair PowerDork
7/3/13 1:04 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
Javelin wrote: http://www.yelp.com/biz/hennessy-honda-of-woodstock-woodstock?sort_by=date_desc Boy, that 1 star review from today sure looks bad!
Make sure you guys click the "Useful" button on that review, so it always filters to the top.

You know, i really did find that review useful!

noddaz
noddaz HalfDork
7/3/13 1:04 p.m.
Javelin wrote: jibber, jabber, yada, yada. Sorry to trim this down. Did I get it all? Please, feel free to reiterate.

In defense of American Honda. (No, I do not work for AHM. But I do work at an Acura dealer.) The dealer (Hennessy Honda sucks BTW) the OP took the Fit to caused the problem by recommending a service the car did not need and then screwing that service up. This was NEVER American Honda's problem. Of course there are different ways that the sucky Hennessy Honda could have handled this and AHM would have paid for it. But Hennessy sucked and screwed that up too... Hennessy backed themselves into a corner of their own making. Probably way too busy selling other useless services to unsuspecting customers and partaking of sacks of phallus's...

clownkiller
clownkiller Reader
7/3/13 1:07 p.m.
Javelin wrote:

I found it usefull too, well written, but didn't have a big bag of dicks with it, that adds to the authenticity maturity of the review.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
7/3/13 1:10 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
Javelin wrote:
You know, i really *did* find that review useful!

I found all the one star ratings useful...

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
7/3/13 1:12 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote:
Javelin wrote:
You know, i really *did* find that review useful!
I found all the one star ratings useful...

Don't forget to make Yelp show you ALL of the reviews first, then find all of those 1-star ones useful as well.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
7/3/13 1:12 p.m.

BTW, Dealerrator.com can blow me.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory HalfDork
7/3/13 1:13 p.m.

We have E36 M3, Berkeley, canoe etc. can the name Hennessy stand for or replace a cuss word from now on?

I wouldn't buy that Berkeley-ing piece of E36 M3... Because Hennessy!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F0gkI7XbBmEwbcOwKK4aaQISw99eJcYy0GBFWK6d4WxdPrcviEuEz2VLcAPLLDUH