aeronca65t
aeronca65t HalfDork
6/12/09 10:31 a.m.

~THIS~ may need a rebore and a little engine refreshening.

EricM
EricM HalfDork
6/12/09 10:49 a.m.

Those plug wires are still good.

Raze
Raze Reader
6/12/09 11:09 a.m.

I thought you are supposed to have a ventilated crank case?

rob_lewis
rob_lewis Dork
6/12/09 12:41 p.m.

I don't know which is more entertaining, the motor blowing up or the fact that they have tractor pulls in the Netherlands!!!

Krijg haar Gedaan!! (Get her done in Dutch)

-Rob

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
6/12/09 12:50 p.m.

Thanks, Lewis... Now I will be drawling that out all day long.

WilD
WilD Reader
6/12/09 2:47 p.m.

Is the driver wearing a t-shirt? If so, It looks like he might have lost some arm hair...

Kramer
Kramer Reader
6/12/09 4:24 p.m.

I used to know a few tractor pullers. One had a somewhat stock Allis D16. He was running 55 psi boost in the turbo.

The other guy had five big-block Chevrolets. He wanted to switch to aluminum blocks so he could get six on the tractor. He eventually went to racing a rear-engine dragster, as one engine was cheaper to maintain than six. He now has a son who races World of Outlaw sprint cars.

Another junkyard owner had a big block in his old truck, with a cut-down school bus axle in back. He bought a used Aries off another puller, and when putting it together, he dropped a 5/16x1" bolt in the intake, unknown to him. He started the engine, and it quickly locked up. They took it apart, and brought it to our machine shop, where we found a perfect indentation of the bolt on one piston and head. After a leak test, he reassembled it and it ran perfectly.

Toyman01
Toyman01 Reader
6/12/09 6:31 p.m.

Holy smoke!!!

I figured out the problem though. Those rods are way too strong.

I have never seen an engine spit the entire top of the block. Heads, intake, even the crank out the bottom in pieces, but the entire top. Never.... Wow!!

JohnGalt
JohnGalt Reader
6/12/09 9:12 p.m.

Do you think the crank can be used again?

The rods and pistons look ok...

mulluthuntur
mulluthuntur New Reader
6/12/09 10:19 p.m.

I thought it was going to be an ad for JB weld.

Goldmember
Goldmember Reader
6/12/09 11:25 p.m.
mulluthuntur wrote: I thought it was going to be ad for JB weld.

"You can drill it, you can tap it, you can machine it, but you can't use it for a key way 'cause its too brittle. . . "

This is a most impressive vid. My favorite part is the fact he runs over his top end. Thats got to be some sort of record, like stabbing a guy with your skate in hockey. . .

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uSnc1nKiD8WJvzAj5phts58CpLx9gSpz7zSMpIzuOBYqr4doYXoCP8deKaLopiHg