jh36
jh36 Dork
5/1/22 8:29 p.m.

At some point I mused that a grm forum/Hyperfest grill event one evening at the bus might be a thing. 
I'm thinking Friday evening might be best...Saturday gets compressed. 
Would Thursday evening be better?

Anyone interested?

I will have my grill going and I usually bring too much food. There might be some music in play if it is Friday night. 

Any taters in?

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/1/22 8:31 p.m.

what time friday we talking? i can probably do it after work, and it sounds fun!

jh36
jh36 Dork
5/1/22 8:46 p.m.

Let's say...7:00?  After the track is cold but not too late?  And enough light to look at cars and whatnot. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/1/22 8:54 p.m.

In reply to jh36 :

i should be able to make that work. its abouut two hours to vir from here. 

jh36
jh36 Dork
5/1/22 9:02 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

In reply to jh36 :

i should be able to make that work. its abouut two hours to vir from here. 

Whenever you get there=good!  We will keep the lights on for ya. 

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
5/1/22 9:28 p.m.

I'm so mad I already made plans the weekend and forgot that hyperfest existed

jh36
jh36 Dork
5/1/22 9:30 p.m.
yupididit said:

I'm so mad I already made plans the weekend and forgot that hyperfest existed

Mark the calendar for next year!  It is worth traveling for and UTCC is excellent. Super bonus is getting to bench race with grm staff. 

jh36
jh36 Dork
5/7/22 4:06 p.m.

Bumping this up...I will be stocking the fridge in a day or two. Reservations being accepted now. No automatic gratuity being applied. 

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
5/7/22 4:49 p.m.

I'll be up there on Sunday if anybody is still going to be around.

trumant (Forum Supporter)
trumant (Forum Supporter) Reader
5/7/22 6:04 p.m.

I'm driving over there from PA with my two sons who are stoked. As a first timer to VIR and Hyperfest what should we know in order to have a great time? We are staying in an AirBnb nearby and staying "11 and 15 year olds attention span hours" on Friday afternoon and Saturday.

jh36
jh36 Dork
5/7/22 9:01 p.m.
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) said:

I'll be up there on Sunday if anybody is still going to be around.

UTCC and the larger part of Hyperfest will be done, but Ed Higginbotham, Jimgood and I will be wrapping up the weekend and on track. Swing by!

jh36
jh36 Dork
5/7/22 9:08 p.m.
trumant (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm driving over there from PA with my two sons who are stoked. As a first timer to VIR and Hyperfest what should we know in order to have a great time? We are staying in an AirBnb nearby and staying "11 and 15 year olds attention span hours" on Friday afternoon and Saturday.

Well, walk through the vendors and see what speaks to you. The drifting is cool...helicopter rides..I'm not sure if ride alongs are all sold out. 
Saturday  night is the power wheels downhill contest. A must do.

Stop by the GRM pavilion and visit our (PRS)guitar booth if you like that sort of thing. Air guitar contest...why not???

make sure to grab a schedule to follow the track sessions...UTCC and various race and TT groups. 

I will have the bus at the entrance to the paddock with the Camaro tube frame project. I'd enjoy meeting you and the boys.

Bikes or good walking shoes are a must. It's a large campus. If you want to go for some laps, I have my GR86 on deck and can serve up a ride. Sort of looking forward to seeing how she does on track. 

johndej
johndej Dork
5/7/22 10:02 p.m.

I'll be there Friday mid afternoon through Sunday, running HPDE in an NA. Have some other friends in various race groups to kick it with as well  Been going to Hyperfest for basically 20 years now back to the summit days. It's an absolute blast of an event that has a bit of everything. If you can hang out into Sat evening things keep going till a good bit after sundown. Current schedule attached.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AC4Ro509mnJiKw5yupiWN0IRVSCDGLLzLcftpMbaokZENmzJ7rMdS6lo8HTo7EZ6