1 2
goingnowherefast
goingnowherefast Reader
12/1/22 12:46 p.m.
Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) said:

I really liked the Elantra N I drove, though I only got to spend time with it doing silly on-ramp things and highway driving, no track time :-( But it's a fun sedan and has a ton of personality. Mine was a 6MT which I found pretty good, I do really like the DCT (have driven in Veloster N and Kona N now).

Mannnnny auto media people were like "OMG you have to try the Kona N next it's so fun!" when I said I'd driven the Elantra. I did, it's not. Elantra has more sense of occasion and is a more cohesive package IMO. And the Veloster N was the most fun of the trio but despite asking for fun weird cars, not enough people liked that kind of weird so it's dead now.

Worst part of the Elantra N is having to look at the nose of it. Otherwise it's terrific.

Interesting that the DCT Veloster N models can get more camber overall, wonder why that is.

It has a different eccentric bolt that gives them around ~-1 degree more than the manual VN. Elantra is the same (camber wise) MT vs. DCT. 

Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter)
Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
12/1/22 2:25 p.m.
goingnowherefast said:
Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) said:

I really liked the Elantra N I drove, though I only got to spend time with it doing silly on-ramp things and highway driving, no track time :-( But it's a fun sedan and has a ton of personality. Mine was a 6MT which I found pretty good, I do really like the DCT (have driven in Veloster N and Kona N now).

Mannnnny auto media people were like "OMG you have to try the Kona N next it's so fun!" when I said I'd driven the Elantra. I did, it's not. Elantra has more sense of occasion and is a more cohesive package IMO. And the Veloster N was the most fun of the trio but despite asking for fun weird cars, not enough people liked that kind of weird so it's dead now.

Worst part of the Elantra N is having to look at the nose of it. Otherwise it's terrific.

Interesting that the DCT Veloster N models can get more camber overall, wonder why that is.

It has a different eccentric bolt that gives them around ~-1 degree more than the manual VN. Elantra is the same (camber wise) MT vs. DCT. 

Huh, neat. Can that bolt be swapped on to the manual VN? Or would that not be allowed per rules? 

SCCA classing is amusing and I never quite know what's going on.

calteg
calteg SuperDork
12/1/22 5:17 p.m.

What kinda gas mileage does the Elanta N get?

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/1/22 7:39 p.m.
calteg said:

I can get 32 on the highway in Eco mode and behaving. Around town driving like...well, like I do it averages more like 22. On track, you can get it into single digits. 

goingnowherefast
goingnowherefast Reader
12/5/22 10:02 a.m.
calteg said:

I'm averaging ~24.6 MPG over 5000 miles. Mostly 10-15 minute city driving. On the highway you'll see around 30-32, so decent but definitely not great by any stretch of the imagination. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
p4YSLWulj82wbNb9F69r6nDBjHyiomOE9qhY68GOSmOjWMNgfvDLcs3J5PY1xI8d