1 2 3
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/5/24 4:54 p.m.

I realize I'm not on here much these days, but what happened to Frenchyd? I dug up an older Jag XKE thread and asked the question assuming he'd be the first to jump in and respond. Crickets from him, so I clicked on his profile and it says discontinued.  Did he leave or did he get kicked off for some of his comments in the end?

Cheers 

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
4/5/24 4:55 p.m.

He went full on broken record in every ev and ev adjacent thread until he reminded the powers that be why he was banned before as mguar

4/5/24 5:02 p.m.

OK thanks.  I know he had a very very narrow view of the world.  Does anyone happen to have an email for him?  If so I'd appreciate a DM.

thanks

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
4/5/24 5:08 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) :

I do. I'll send you a DM

4/5/24 5:39 p.m.

Received.

Thanks 

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ UltraDork
4/6/24 12:29 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:

I realize I'm not on here much these days, but what happened to Frenchyd? I dug up an older Jag XKE thread and asked the question assuming he'd be the first to jump in and respond. Crickets from him, so I clicked on his profile and it says discontinued.  Did he leave or did he get kicked off for some of his comments in the end?

Cheers 

I was about to start a thread asking the same thing.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
4/6/24 8:46 a.m.

One day...  I was at a small meat market near my house.. saw a jaguar outside with the liscense plate of Mguar...   Older guy wearing a greek fisherman type hat or a captains (boat) hat..  can't remeber..  

anyways.. must have been him.. still kicking myself for not saying hi..  

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones UltraDork
4/6/24 8:58 a.m.

I just found it odd he was getting angry about people not wanting an EV when he did not have one himself. 

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) UberDork
4/6/24 9:27 a.m.

He was on a British car forum years ago even more insistent and angry when people did not fully appreciate jaguars. I think he moved here when permanently banned there.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UberDork
4/6/24 9:40 a.m.

He was interesting and annoying at the same time. I hope he is doing well. His double banishment makes a good case for having an ignore button.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
4/6/24 9:53 a.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

I'd LOVE to have an ignore button as an option.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/6/24 9:59 a.m.

The only time I butted heads with frenchyd was when I was installing hardwood floors.  That man had a love of Shellac that just wouldn't die.  I kept saying that I refused to do Shellac for multiple reasons, and he kept shoving it down my throat.  He picked his hill and he died on it.

I did oil-modified polyurethane

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
4/6/24 10:11 a.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine :

You probably didn't miss much.

We had a guy in our motorcycle club who reminded me a lot of Frenchy. I had to spend a day with him because he was facilitating my buying a motorcycle from a friend of his.

The signal-to-noise ratio was incredibly bad.

But I do have a bevel drive Ducati now.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
4/6/24 10:13 a.m.

He also had financial problems, where apparently he sold at the depth of the 2008 crash, and lost a lot of money.  But he did build his own home.

Oh, and his love for Ethanol fuel.  He loved Ethanol almost like how windex was loved in My Big Fat Greek Wedding.  

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones UltraDork
4/6/24 10:20 a.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

But poly won't hold up as well as shellac :)

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
4/6/24 11:35 a.m.
alfadriver said:

He also had financial problems, where apparently he sold at the depth of the 2008 crash, and lost a lot of money.  But he did build his own home.

Oh, and his love for Ethanol fuel.  He loved Ethanol almost like how windex was loved in My Big Fat Greek Wedding.  

He used to post every single time in a building thread about how you could build your house for $7 and a cup of pebbles too, just had to wait like 26 years to get all the supplies for free.

His house was impressive for what it was but .......not for everyone.

kb58
kb58 UltraDork
4/6/24 11:40 a.m.

It takes a high level of objectivity to realize that if you keep getting kicked off of forums, maybe it's not everyone else that's the problem. I realize that we all have our own personal dramas, but still...

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/6/24 11:56 a.m.

In reply to kb58 :

He's very much "everyone ELSE is an shiny happy person" guy

eastpark
eastpark HalfDork
4/6/24 12:08 p.m.

I'm wondering if Frenchy and the dude with the Transit Connect will get together and host their own forum. 

That would be....interesting?

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ UltraDork
4/6/24 1:40 p.m.
Steve_Jones said:

I just found it odd he was getting angry about people not wanting an EV when he did not have one himself. 

He'd get even madder if you'd point out an old book/website/parts seller called Jags That Run.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/6/24 1:46 p.m.
Steve_Jones said:

laugh

Hilarious Will Ferrell Seriously GIF

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ UltraDork
4/6/24 1:47 p.m.

I wonder if maybe a lot of it was just his age.  I see my father acting quite a bit like Frenchy the older he gets.  He seems to almost delight in pissing people off and saying things he wouldn't have dared said at a younger age.  I can't prove that of course, but I feel pretty strongly about it.  I've seen other elderly folks do the same thing.  They simply do not care anymore and would rather pick a side and argue about something than face the loneliness of staying silent.

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
4/6/24 1:49 p.m.
A 401 CJ said:
Steve_Jones said:

He'd get even madder if you'd point out an old book/website/parts seller called Jags That Run.

I did that a time or 2 lol

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
4/6/24 1:58 p.m.

Spotted in Saskatoon today.

Maybe he moved to Canada.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
4/6/24 2:00 p.m.
Steve_Jones said:

You can fix shellac with denatured alcohol and more bug squeezins. 

1 2 3

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
MCtIJJVJv8AMnlakhCWnUM02xzTbZvssLCwMg161EqjRQeYpinypf7u1N2O8SEVb