1 2 3
Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
7/6/21 5:45 p.m.

In reply to dj06482 (Forum Supporter) :

Ohhh I forgot about my G35 sedan manual. I didn't own it long. (Ended up having to sell it when moving and changed jobs) It had some hype around it and while the clutch was a little hard to get a feel of, I could hold beautiful drifts and it was comfy on long runs. 

Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
7/6/21 5:47 p.m.

And my biggest regret was selling my NA Miata with factory installed hardtop. Grandma owned perfect condition. Even one of the dealer service techs had to find me and talk about how CLEAN it was. Dumb move...... need to get a ND now as penance. 

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/6/21 6:20 p.m.

Toyota Prius. 

It's boring as crap to drive, but EXACTLY what it is hyped to be. An ultra reliable, roomy, comfortable appliance that gets stellar fuel economy. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
7/7/21 8:56 a.m.

Two come to mind for me:

The 2002 WRX Wagon.
Back then, I was obsessed with getting an Audi S4 Avant. I sat in one at a car show around 2000, and I was blown away. Everything about it was awesome, from the seats, to the looks, and everything in between. Turbocharged, AWD, and it could be had with a manual transmission! Then, the 2002 WRX debuted. It could be had in wagon form, and it was turbocharged and AWD with aggressively bolstered seats with a great Momo steering wheel. And it was a fraction of the price! After I finally got my hands on one in 2005, I loved everything about it. After modding it to taste, it was a hoot to drive and it could haul all my drum stuff to band gigs without breaking a sweat. Yes, it also was a PITA and high maintenance, but I probably should have kept that one. I haven't seen a clean one in years around here.

The 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody.
Had one of these as a tester for BangShift a couple years back and I haven't stopped thinking about it since. I mean, just look at this thing:

It made all the right sounds, would spin the tires at will at just about any speed, yet it handled like a large Miata and was comfortable enough to drive everyday. This is still the benchmark for me and will be for quite some time.

LifeIsStout
LifeIsStout Reader
7/7/21 4:37 p.m.

Lotus Elise- Buddy of mine had one when I was campaigning a street tire NA miata.  Let me take it out on course during a fun run, it was amazing!  The extra speed that the course came at me was apparent when I hopped back in the Miata and turned a quicker time, I had so much time to react because of the speed difference coming from the Elise.

Drove it on the street a number of times after that, always hilarious.

Carbon (Forum Supporter)
Carbon (Forum Supporter) UberDork
7/8/21 12:47 a.m.

Evo and dc2 itr 

calteg
calteg Dork
7/8/21 8:46 a.m.

In reply to Carbon (Forum Supporter) :

I owned a UDSM ITR and thought it was underwhelming. 

Lexus IS-F met my expectations and then some. I love them so much I've owned 3 of 'em

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uHsLbhCvqJNDrrLDsOUwYwd2RAvCJ9P0hYU6q8SBaaox3ME33rrrsUgW676ZeqA9