1 2
G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
10/14/16 4:37 p.m.

Also, the Volvo V60 has a perfectly flat cargo area with the rear seats folded.

Chadeux
Chadeux HalfDork
10/14/16 4:40 p.m.

Roadmaster wagon. No cares on the new part.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UltraDork
10/14/16 5:22 p.m.

Transit connect or promaster city?

Most of the CUVs fold flat except for the front of the folded rear seat, and it's only a ratchet strap away from being flat.

Most also sell pet barriers to keep the dogs safely in the back where it is flat too.

AverageH
AverageH Reader
10/14/16 5:23 p.m.

Jeep Patriot. I had an '08, and I loved that thing! I got the off-road edition... then the ex-wife took it. It's still going strong at 140k miles though. I slept in the back on the flat floor several times while camping. Some people are against them, but I think they're great. I currently have a Jetta sportwagen, and I too necessitate a flat floor in back. You're not being too picky, no worries.

-Hamid

orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
10/14/16 5:42 p.m.
oldopelguy wrote: Transit connect or promaster city? Most of the CUVs fold flat except for the front of the folded rear seat, and it's only a ratchet strap away from being flat. Most also sell pet barriers to keep the dogs safely in the back where it is flat too.

thanks -- I was unaware -- that there might be a pet barrier option for those. Added to my list.

orphancars
orphancars HalfDork
10/14/16 5:43 p.m.
AverageH wrote: Jeep Patriot. I had an '08, and I loved that thing! I got the off-road edition... then the ex-wife took it. It's still going strong at 140k miles though. I slept in the back on the flat floor several times while camping. Some people are against them, but I think they're great. I currently have a Jetta sportwagen, and I too necessitate a flat floor in back. You're not being too picky, no worries. -Hamid

It seems like there are a few things at the Jeep store that might fit the bill -- appreciate the first hand experience Hamid!!

lnlds
lnlds Reader
10/14/16 5:45 p.m.

I only got boring ones, but if you're also visiting the Honda dealer for the Fit, check out the cr-v and hr-v, they both have the magic seats similar to the fit but not sure if it's truly a 0 degree setup. The Toyota matrix is another option.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse Dork
10/14/16 6:27 p.m.
and some noise telling me how I'm doing it wrong(tm).

You'll unfortunately find it comes from the same few ppl. Don't worry. Ignore them. Move on with your questions, and the rest of us will help you.

Having owned two gens of Honda Fit goodness I'll +1 the fit.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
10/14/16 6:50 p.m.

Yeah for some reason you ask something specific here and some people think it's their duty to tell you why you don't know what you really want.

It's too bad Mazda doesn't bring the 6 wagon here any more. Nice flat floor when folded on ours.

Hal
Hal UltraDork
10/14/16 7:44 p.m.
orphancars wrote: In reply to RevRico: Now that's the type of help I was looking for Had totally forgot about the Forester -- will put them on the list and do a little research!

Add the Outback to the list too. Only problem there might be that there is a gap between the top of the rear seats and the back of the fronts when the rears are down. (2015 Outback owner)

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Dork
10/14/16 7:49 p.m.

It's too bad they stopped making the element, I think that was about the ultimate dog transporter. I'd go with the fit for new

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
10/14/16 7:53 p.m.

Heres your 2014 grand cherokee answer:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/31936748@N00/1Q8HPf

vladha
vladha Reader
10/14/16 8:13 p.m.

Fit. Have even gone camping in mine.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
10/14/16 9:26 p.m.

the seats on my disco don't fold flat.. they fold flat and then fold forward against the front seats to open up as much flat floor space as possible

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1yprKPZZfDjjAqc4pUjsz8iYczRQYnQakXW3W3GHKxaUuGp4r1xocm9Z6BZb6Va2