Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Reader
10/25/08 7:08 a.m.

Ya I know this has been dicussed before but this is one I could be all over!! The updates are painfully slow in coming and not much new to report but geeeezzz............bring it over already Mini/BMW!!

Here's one of the many links regarding this topic:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-10019208-48.html

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
10/25/08 7:37 a.m.

or diesel ram 1500

or unnamed nissan "sprinter van competitor'

or diesel Hondas (ANY OF THEM.. the 2.2 is a great engine) I know the TSX is coming soon

or more diesel vw's

or a normal diesel bmw. 3 series wagon please..

or ford F150 diesel (Ohh wait.. that was cancelled)

or chevy 1500 diesel

or subaru outback/impreza diesel.

or or or or or or or o

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
10/25/08 9:28 a.m.

a WRX diesel would be cool

The mini looks great

If there were any number of diesels on the market, I would buy one.

bastomatic
bastomatic Dork
10/25/08 9:46 a.m.

I love my Honda Fit. I think the only way I'd love it more is if it had a diesel engine. Oh well!

Evan_R
Evan_R New Reader
10/25/08 12:23 p.m.

I drive my Diesel Volvo wagon every day. 35mpg around town is better than virtually anything you can buy new.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
10/25/08 5:36 p.m.

I'd love a diesel mini

or the euro BMW 120d

or a diesel s10/ranger/

Lugnut
Lugnut Reader
10/25/08 5:39 p.m.
Evan_R wrote: I drive my Diesel Volvo wagon every day. 35mpg around town is better than virtually anything you can buy new.

Do you only run diesel or have you gotten into WVO/SVO at all?

z31maniac
z31maniac HalfDork
10/25/08 6:09 p.m.

Diesel Mini would make an awesome DD.

Evan_R
Evan_R New Reader
10/26/08 3:08 a.m.
Lugnut wrote:
Evan_R wrote: I drive my Diesel Volvo wagon every day. 35mpg around town is better than virtually anything you can buy new.
Do you only run diesel or have you gotten into WVO/SVO at all?

Funny thing is... the car uses so little fuel that the economics of using SVO/WVO just aren't there. Even at this summer's crazy prices, I only used around $50 in fuel per month.

A few stations around here carry B2, but no other commercial biodiesel is available. Grrr.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo New Reader
10/26/08 4:04 p.m.

You used to be able to get a diesel Chevy 1500...And it would get 25 mpg.

Then again my Cummins diesel Ram gets 22 or so and its a lot more truck.

RussellH
RussellH Reader
4/21/09 4:00 p.m.

Unless I missed another post about it, looks like the BMW diesels are here:

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Uniquely/BMWEfficientDynamics/ExploreAdvancedDiesel.aspx?enc=/#intro/landing

ManofFewWords
ManofFewWords Reader
4/21/09 4:18 p.m.
93gsxturbo wrote: You used to be able to get a diesel Chevy 1500...And it would get 25 mpg. Then again my Cummins diesel Ram gets 22 or so and its a lot more truck.

false

TR3only
TR3only Reader
4/21/09 4:45 p.m.

Focus, Fiesta, ALL Subarus, the Accord, Civic,and the CR-V....the Euro model of the Nissan Rogue

Just some of the models of cars sold in other countries with diesels.

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
4/21/09 5:54 p.m.

There are tons of great diesel all over the world that we could get here (as in, the chassis is sold here with gas engines) if it weren't for the EPA regs being so stiff here. Heck, most manufacturers won't even bother with a given vehicle if they can't sell it in the California states...volumes for diesel are low enough as it is, taking an extra chunk out of those sales makes it not worthwhile. So, we continue being deprived of vehicle options to protect ourselves...from ourselves. You know, smog kills!

If you want to make a statement, buy a new diesel that IS available. Slim pickin' in that field, but the only thing that speaks to OEMs trying to justify expenses associated with continuing to bring diesels to the states is $ale$ volume$.

Bryce

petegossett
petegossett Dork
4/21/09 7:21 p.m.
bastomatic wrote: I love my Honda Fit. I think the only way I'd love it more is if it had a diesel engine. Oh well!

I love our Fit, but I'd prefer a 6-speed, AWD, supercharged version personally! :D

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4a1M2acDXN6paorUN3zVGQD2idh80uJJ9B7k9roZeWTsJPAsKpmEZh0WNeriFrMS