3 4 5
Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
1/13/16 11:04 a.m.
captdownshift wrote: In reply to Rufledt: Complete with 3D printing capabilities

Dang right it would have 3D printing capabilities. If i can't fabricate my own rally car from scratch, it wouldn't be much of a Powerball splurge, would it?

Nick (LUCAS) Comstock
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock UltimaDork
1/13/16 11:14 a.m.

I think with that much money I finally might have the courage to buy an RX8

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
1/13/16 11:21 a.m.

You don't need courage to buy an RX8, just delusions of reliability!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
1/13/16 11:55 a.m.

As a billionaire you could rebuild an RX8's engine with ceramic apex seals and an external oil injection tank, and you could afford the gas for it.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/13/16 12:03 p.m.

Build a race track complex with a road course, drag strip, Air Force sized concrete pad, rally dirt stages, and a go-kart/AX track. Stock it with the contents of the PDX and ATL craigslists, including the taco trucks. Invite the GRM forum to it and basically screw off for the next 5 years.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Dork
1/13/16 12:16 p.m.

In reply to Javelin:

I call dibs on whichever taco truck has the most suspension travel for the first running of the "This isn't a Kamaz but at least it smells delicious" rally!

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Reader
1/13/16 1:59 p.m.

Pretty simple, buy a new Ferrari and test the limits of the 3yr/unlimited mileage warranty. That or get a new Viper ACR and use all the miles in the 5yr/100k miles up.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
1/13/16 2:10 p.m.

I don't know what I'd do. I might not own much of anything vehicular or otherwise. I might just rent whatever I wanted that particular week, in that particular country, in that particular season. With enough money you can live where you want, drive what you want and move on when you get bored. Why pay upkeep?

Except a Pagani. My wife has wanted a Pagani since the first time she saw a Zonda.

captdownshift
captdownshift UltraDork
1/13/16 2:39 p.m.

I'd also troll Nigerian Craigslist for cars that i'd like to purchase and email the sellers that I'm an American Powerball winner who would like to purchase their vehicle, offer a quantity that is about 500% of their asking price and account information to wire the funds to and that i'd have an associate come pick up the vehicle for transport.

markwemple
markwemple Dork
1/13/16 2:46 p.m.

Take a team to LeMans

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku PowerDork
1/13/16 7:39 p.m.

Restomod a '77 Trans Am and travel for a bit....internationally. Yeah, ship the car and travel thru Europe, Australia and Japan.

Once home it's time to build a shop and go racing.

Set up some sort of school to learn driving and wrenching skills. Lots of scholarships. Try to get young people interested in cars again.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/13/16 9:50 p.m.

Buy GRM.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
1/13/16 9:55 p.m.

I'll open a shop that correctly restores FD RX7's in the hope that none will remain powered by anything else but a rotary......and I'll start swapping zo6 & zr1 corvettes with 4 rotor engines, using the aluminum reclaimed from the E36 M3ty v8's found in them.

Chadeux
Chadeux New Reader
1/13/16 9:59 p.m.

In reply to WOW Really Paul?:

Now that you mention it, I'd do the exact opposite.

logdog
logdog SuperDork
1/14/16 6:29 a.m.

Im going to fold my Powerball tickets up and use them to stop a glove box rattle.

Kia_Racer
Kia_Racer Dork
1/14/16 6:35 a.m.

I didn't even one number

itsarebuild
itsarebuild Dork
1/14/16 8:22 a.m.

Guess I have to go to work today.....

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
1/14/16 8:34 a.m.
logdog wrote: Im going to fold my Powerball tickets up and use them to stop a glove box rattle.

Most real-world-usable idea so far!

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing Reader
1/14/16 9:47 a.m.

I had one matching number plus the Powerball number. I think I won $4...

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
1/14/16 9:57 a.m.
Chadeux wrote: In reply to WOW Really Paul?: Now that you mention it, I'd do the exact opposite.

Satan worshiper.....

92dxman
92dxman SuperDork
1/14/16 12:43 p.m.

Pay off the 5, buy SWMBO whatever wheels she wants, cheap small pickup truck, Lada Nava and maybe learn how to ride a motorcycle and buy a cheap bike.

3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dLYaaK5UB1EruFKUWW3XJl3Q1eX1UhZcxSjhlqHEAANm2wIRMUpyZa0w0QjVE47M