AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
9/3/08 10:23 p.m.

i'm in Beckley, West (By God) Virginia today and tomorrow. My boss wants me to fly to Germany on Sunday, to return on Saturday the 13th. this is really going to hurt my challenge effort. taking away 10 days, including two full weekends, means that i won't hear the car run until about 15 days before i have to load it up and drag it 1200 miles. i'm not throwing in the towel yet, but that's just because i'm such a crappy planner that i still think it's doable.

OTOH, about 8 weeks ago we laid off 15%, so Germany > unemployment.

kcbhiw
kcbhiw HalfDork
9/3/08 10:54 p.m.

I can sympathize. With my unknown volitile schedule, I may have to travel at any moment. With pending start-ups, I'm boned if I get called out. Yikes. 27 days, huh?

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
9/3/08 11:43 p.m.

If you "have" to test something on the Nurburgring, I'm gonna punch you in the nuts.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
9/4/08 8:47 a.m.
i'm in Beckley, West (By God) Virginia

Say "hi" to the Whites. Get that berkeleying car done.

AutoXR
AutoXR HalfDork
9/4/08 9:23 a.m.

Tell your boss you have Anal Glaucoma...

U can't see your ass comin into work..

Don't feel bad , I just got my motor in last saturday , have yet to fire it...

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
9/5/08 11:21 a.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: If you "have" to test something on the Nurburgring, I'm gonna punch you in the nuts.

Electric Parking Brake. Nurburgring not required. :-(

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/5/08 11:34 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
DILYSI Dave wrote: If you "have" to test something on the Nurburgring, I'm gonna punch you in the nuts.

oh, bad form. We are supposed to keep up the image that working on cars for a living is a cool thing.

You remind me that I'm going to Denver to spend a week in Aurora just to test emissions, not drive up in the mountains...

So it sounds like there's little chance we will see your car at our Sept 28 event at OU?

E-

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
9/5/08 12:54 p.m.
alfadriver wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote:
oh, bad form. We are supposed to keep up the image that working on cars for a living is a cool thing. You remind me that I'm going to Denver to spend a week in Aurora just to test emissions, not drive up in the mountains... So it sounds like there's little chance we will see your car at our Sept 28 event at OU? E-

funny you see the half-full. come to think of it, my two days in beckley WV was pretty sweet because I was there doing some vehicle stability control evaluations on mountain roads. it kicked my office's ass. EPB also has a lot of cool features, but i'm not sure how much of it i can talk about just yet.

i'll try for the 28th, even if it's just as a test-drive, although OU is not as convenient as Washtenaw was.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
9/8/08 3:57 a.m.

saturday i finished wiring the ignition switch, installed the battery in the spare tire well, finished the connection of the negative cable to the chassis, and cranked the engine. don't have fuel supply so i knew it wouldn't run, but i needed the lift that was provided by realizing that at least some functions are turn-key.

i'm in germany again, won't be home until the clock of doom says 17 days. by that time the wheels777 family will certainly have their third $2008 challenge car complete and in the nines.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4H0Mk0slK8EvQeRgBn1o9IglvLuJp8Rd7FmN77Ha2DxHdATPbncaMvF2lAHZA83Y