Izzy's Cages
Izzy's Cages New Reader
8/14/08 3:21 p.m.

We're looking at installing a full throttle indicator light in our Improved Touring Neon ACR for our track video. We installed a brake indicator light and it works great... but hookup on that was a no brainer. I thought about tapping into the TPS but that seems like it would lead to problems.

Here's the brake light: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iAz3_vHfBU

It's only so we can see it on our video... wont be seen from the drivers seat (although, that might not be a bad thing)

Whats the best option? Some sort of micro switch/trigger? I'm an electrical idiot... so type slowly ;)

Thnks

Nashco
Nashco Dork
8/14/08 5:04 p.m.

Micro switch. Tons of nitrous setups use a WOT micro switch, take a look at nitrous installs to find some ideas. They're easy to hook up electrically, but obviously require you get the position adjusted properly to activate the switch consistently.

Bryce

Nashco
Nashco Dork
8/14/08 5:06 p.m.

Another option is to tell your driver to holler (WOOOOOOOOT!) when he's got the pedal to the metal. This will not only give a clear indication of when he's WOT for the in car video, but also makes the video a lot more fun to watch.

Bryce

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter New Reader
8/14/08 6:50 p.m.

I vote for #2!

Keith
Keith SuperDork
8/14/08 7:12 p.m.

Or get him to scream like a girl. I'm pretty sure that if we put a camera in the 300 rwhp Caterham that's coming to our track day, that's what we'll hear.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/14/08 8:02 p.m.

umm yeah so thats a fast neon..

44Dwarf
44Dwarf New Reader
8/14/08 8:07 p.m.

hook up a plug wire to just off the floor...when he gets to WOT you'll know!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UAu3pT82E0ay2zRhAVNgLwFqDpW7yiWrNjYSXyc6yROYwaBCjCxr2NO69c1ZRK8M