Lancer007
Lancer007 HalfDork
4/28/14 7:41 p.m.

...you can't buy talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4HSpx3aBq8

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
4/28/14 7:46 p.m.

I was watching that earlier and wondering if it was someone I have driven against at a Chumpcar race. But then I realized that nobody in Chump is that bad...

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
4/28/14 7:51 p.m.

Painful to watch.

Raze
Raze UltraDork
4/28/14 8:11 p.m.

that was awesome

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
4/28/14 8:16 p.m.

Holy hell that was just BAD....

Jeff
Jeff SuperDork
4/28/14 8:24 p.m.

That was very special; just like that driver

Thanks for the link.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
4/28/14 8:26 p.m.

Look on the bright side, if any of us win the power ball we know we'll be welcome in European GT racing, we can't be THAT bad!

Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
4/28/14 8:26 p.m.

I kinda wanted the race director's comments to be part of the video, or at least an interview with the driver or something. I even have the script:

Q: "Where the berk did you learn do drive? are you an idiot? It's fortunate you didn't kill anyone or yourself."

A: "I drive flat out" or something like that

BlueFalcon
BlueFalcon New Reader
4/28/14 8:30 p.m.

Amazing...you can't make this stuff up.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 New Reader
4/28/14 8:34 p.m.

That looked familiar... then I realized it's exactly like playing Forza online.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
4/28/14 8:38 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen44:
Not enough collisions to be Forza online, he'd have wadded it up first lap

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Reader
4/28/14 8:45 p.m.

That's why some(maybe most) of the pro drivers don't like the gentlemen(rich amateur) drivers sharing the track with them.

Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
4/28/14 8:47 p.m.

are you saying they don't want some incompetent 'gentlemen' drivers pulling right in front of them after a shocking display of talentlessness, thus risking the cars, lives, and careers of the pro racers?

Bah!

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
4/28/14 10:54 p.m.

Monza Rallycross

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
4/29/14 12:28 a.m.

And yet he was 2nd in class at one point.

Lancer007
Lancer007 HalfDork
4/29/14 12:46 a.m.

In reply to racerfink:

The race is 3 hours long. There are three drivers per team with a maximum 65 min per stint. The car qualified 7th and this clip starts just over an hour into the race.

Driven5
Driven5 Reader
4/29/14 1:02 a.m.

In reply to racerfink:

I feel bad for the driver(s) that worked so hard to get him there, just to have that effort thrown away after what I can only imagine was all of one lap. I'm guessing that whoever accepted the bribe to sign off on his racing license, will be in the market for a new job very soon.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
4/29/14 10:04 a.m.

So, that guy is a millionaire who had the money to buy a half million dollar racecar and then enter it in a race at a historic track like Monza. That part of the story is cool. I'll file this one under a good plan, poorly executed.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
4/29/14 10:10 a.m.

Videos like that are why when I win the powerball I will be car owner rather than driver.

ShadowSix
ShadowSix Dork
4/29/14 10:12 a.m.

I saw this on the reddit the other day, it strikes me that this guy must be just like those DB's that buy a liter-bike (600's are for chicks, dude) as their first bike, never bother to get a proper motorcycle endorsement, then sell or crash the bike in under a year. The only difference is this guy is a multimillionaire and the liter-bike DB's manage the GNC at the mall.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltraDork
4/29/14 11:13 a.m.
ShadowSix wrote: I saw this on the reddit the other day, it strikes me that this guy must be just like those DB's that buy a liter-bike (600's are for chicks, dude) as their first bike, never bother to get a proper motorcycle endorsement, then sell or crash the bike in under a year. The only difference is this guy is a multimillionaire and the liter-bike DB's manage the GNC at the mall.

Yeah, he should have started in an AMC Eagle, or maybe an Imprezza RS. Even if he didn't learn car control better, he'd probably turn better lap times in something that can go faster in gravel.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
4/29/14 11:41 a.m.

Noobs everywhere can take comfort in the fact that they will never, ever suck as bad as that guy, if for no other reason than most cars would never survive that many trips into the gravel traps.

Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
4/29/14 11:48 a.m.
kazoospec wrote: Noobs everywhere can take comfort in the fact that they will never, ever suck as bad as that guy, if for no other reason than most cars would never survive that many trips into the gravel traps.

I feel good knowing I won't suck that bad because there's no way I'd be able to afford a car with that much power! I certainly couldn't afford to field a car in an event like that with lots of cameras, so if I did suck that bad, I at least wouldn't end up on youtube

trigun7469
trigun7469 HalfDork
4/29/14 12:40 p.m.

I bet that Tracy Krohn could give him a run for his money

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
4/29/14 1:45 p.m.

I'm not ruling out actual mental problems at this point. How do you get to that point (2nd in class even, as noted) and then just go E36 M3brained once you're there? Has he EVER driven well? If so i have to wonder what changed.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ute3M9DCn2xCETOy6kWeq1JkUZCt4QiSDoTQxk3QyZx8bbt03oe2GLiQevS57it7