1 2
Ian F
Ian F Dork
3/26/10 1:53 p.m.

translation: wrap yourself around a tree... at least that what I have to keep telling myself...

'02 Viper GTS for $25K: http://sccaforums.com/forums/thread/409359.aspx

VanillaSky
VanillaSky Reader
3/26/10 2:01 p.m.

Just do it. We can't talk you out of it. There's no reason to talk you out of it.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Reader
3/26/10 2:05 p.m.

oh my. mee likee

Appleseed
Appleseed Dork
3/26/10 2:05 p.m.

When my buddy was buying a house about 8 years ago, I said screw that, buy a Viper and live in it.

This forum is full of enablers.

You're doomed.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
3/26/10 2:26 p.m.

Interesting- parked in front of a senior center.

Ian F
Ian F Dork
3/26/10 2:30 p.m.

Well, he did say, "was my dad's daily driver..."

Could mean it wasn't abused too badly...

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
3/26/10 2:32 p.m.
Ian F wrote: Well, he did say, "was my dad's daily driver..." Could mean it wasn't abused too badly...

Unless the only time his dad drove was at the track.

Woody
Woody SuperDork
3/26/10 2:37 p.m.

His father must be Dave.

kb58
kb58 Reader
3/26/10 2:40 p.m.

That's only a couple miles from me...

Cotton
Cotton HalfDork
3/26/10 2:45 p.m.

I want to add a Viper to the fleet eventually....I say go for it!!

WilD
WilD Reader
3/26/10 2:49 p.m.

At that price, you can't afford not to buy it.

Spinout007
Spinout007 HalfDork
3/26/10 5:57 p.m.

Just do it so the rest of us can pine over it. Holy crap that's the hotness. I usually don't like yellow cars all that much but, I would DEFINATeLY ROCK THAT! ........bad thoughts. really bad thoughts.

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
3/26/10 6:02 p.m.

I beleive it was Dirty Harry that said that a man has to know his limits... that is beyond my limits

2002maniac
2002maniac Reader
3/26/10 8:28 p.m.

Whatever you do, DO NOT get an insurance quote before you buy it!

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
3/26/10 8:57 p.m.
Ian F wrote: Well, he did say, "was my dad's daily driver..." Could mean it wasn't abused too badly...

I'm probably old enough to be your dad and you really don't want any car I've used up.

Ian_F
Ian_F New Reader
3/26/10 9:28 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: I'm probably old enough to be your dad

Possibly...there are a few on this board... but I doubt it...

Ian_F
Ian_F New Reader
3/26/10 9:30 p.m.

I vote kb58 to go test drive it for us.

JeepinMatt
JeepinMatt HalfDork
3/26/10 9:47 p.m.

How are you going to expect me to talk you out of one of the leaders on my all-time list of cars I want to own that I could actually own?

The only thing that really makes me hesitate is the parts cost. Wasn't it a month or two ago when we were all talking about replacement costs for the clamshell hood?

Edit - was that car a test mule or something? I noticed it's the same one used on the Dave's Big Brakes site and has a fair number of their parts.

Yavuz
Yavuz New Reader
3/26/10 11:38 p.m.

How is this so cheap? I've seen early vipers sell for mid to high 20s, but every GTS I've come across was around $40k at least. It's got a lot of miles for a Viper, but would that really kill the value of the car that badly?

I've been saving up for a down payment on a house... but I'd gladly live in an apartment for a while longer to own a $25k viper gts - if it's legit.

GI_Drewsifer
GI_Drewsifer Reader
3/26/10 11:44 p.m.

Buy it, then rent to us for track days!

JeepinMatt
JeepinMatt HalfDork
3/27/10 12:03 a.m.
Yavuz wrote: How is this so cheap? I've seen early vipers sell for mid to high 20s, but every GTS I've come across was around $40k at least. It's got a lot of miles for a Viper, but would that really kill the value of the car that badly? I've been saving up for a down payment on a house... but I'd gladly live in an apartment for a while longer to own a $25k viper gts - if it's legit.

I've seen Viper GTS's reliably go for around 35k, give or take a couple grand, and up. The blue/white ones tend to command more. I'd pay the extra for the GTS over the RT/10, which isn't bad itself.

kb58
kb58 Reader
3/27/10 12:16 a.m.
Ian_F wrote: I vote kb58 to go test drive it for us.

Noooo, must... keep... building Midlana...

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
3/27/10 8:38 a.m.

scuse me I gotta go change.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim HalfDork
3/27/10 8:45 a.m.

Is a GTS that much better than an RT/10?

Wikipedia sez about the RT/10: "However, the car proved tricky to drive at high speeds, particularly for the unskilled."

It's suddenly make my List Of Want, even though I'm not exactly what you'd consider that skilled a driver.

JeepinMatt
JeepinMatt HalfDork
3/27/10 2:31 p.m.

You're all a bunch of jerks. I just came close to accepting that I probably would be able to buy a Viper, but not its parts. Now I'm looking for a hovel to move in to free up some money.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KAwv9nfYNFbzStWIgeHufXc1V1FKXh5q4Bva8QjQGxcqxI58Qta2FFiTUkU6tS62