1 2 3
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
2/15/13 11:22 a.m.

Eric - I've never liked the massive center on the Moto-Lita myself. The MG doesn't have an MG steering column anymore, so it wouldn't fit anyhow. I personally prefer the look of the Prototipo.

The Mini has a vintage Mountney that is absolutely perfect. Which is odd, given that it has that same giant center as seen on the Moto-Lita. I think it's because the whole wheel is chunky.

westsidetalon
westsidetalon Reader
2/15/13 11:31 a.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: The classic MOMO Mod 78 has always been a favorite of mine. You can find a cheaper wheel, but not a better one. If you have sweaty paws, you may want to go with the leather instead of the suede. I'm getting one soon for the Miata, as my stock wheel has seen better days. http://www.momousa.com/racing/steering-wheels/mod-78.html

^ this, and suede for the motorsports

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
2/15/13 12:22 p.m.
westsidetalon wrote:
Joe Gearin wrote: The classic MOMO Mod 78 has always been a favorite of mine. You can find a cheaper wheel, but not a better one. If you have sweaty paws, you may want to go with the leather instead of the suede. I'm getting one soon for the Miata, as my stock wheel has seen better days. http://www.momousa.com/racing/steering-wheels/mod-78.html
^ this, and suede for the motorsports

plus another.

EDIT. Goddamn board makes bullets out of plus signs. Grrrr.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
2/15/13 12:36 p.m.
Rad_Capz wrote: My MOMO Millenium is my current favorite.

That modern wheel looks funny in your 'Bird.

That said, as far as stock wheels go, I really like the Formula wheel that came in my Trans Am. But that's for another thread...

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
2/15/13 1:06 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: I have a Bride that i bought from a member on here that's in OK condition. Usable, but not being mistaken for new anytime soon. 320mm, big FAT hand grip E36 M3s. You want?

PM sent.

whenry
whenry HalfDork
2/15/13 8:19 p.m.

MOMO Tuner on the 911; MOMO Montecarlo on the yellow miata I prefer the Tuner due to its extra thickness

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 HalfDork
2/15/13 9:57 p.m.
SilverFleet wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: I loved the Grant I had on the Swift. It has been my favorite feeling wheel to date.
I have one of these hanging on my garage wall waiting to get installed in my CSX. I picked it up at a swap meet for $5 with a random (probably Chevy) hub adapter. It is a nice size and feels great!

i had one of thise wheels in my s10. loved it. sold it with the truck. i actually tried to buy it back from the owner of the s10, but he threw it away. i need to find another that i can swap into my 64 elky. what are they called?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
2/15/13 10:32 p.m.

I'd call it a Rally. http://www.grantproducts.com/products/view/66/

Woody
Woody MegaDork
2/16/13 7:15 a.m.

I hate Grant wheels. Two of them have passed through my possession and I couldn't wait to be rid of them. The quality was clearly substandard. Many sharp edges and horn function was never reliable.

I'd rather have a tiller.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/16/13 7:51 a.m.
Woody wrote: I hate Grant wheels. Two of them have passed through my possession and I couldn't wait to be rid of them. The quality was clearly substandard. Many sharp edges and horn function was never reliable. I'd rather have a tiller.

+1. Every one I've ever seen is falling apart.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/16/13 9:14 a.m.
poopshovel wrote:
Woody wrote: I hate Grant wheels. Two of them have passed through my possession and I couldn't wait to be rid of them. The quality was clearly substandard. Many sharp edges and horn function was never reliable. I'd rather have a tiller.

You guys need a pre-1998 or so Grant. The old ones were of very nice quality. I have one from ~1980 that's still perfect. The new ones you buy in PepZoneBoyzQuest suck.

LopRacer
LopRacer HalfDork
2/16/13 12:17 p.m.

I have several older Momo wheels on my cars sorry to say I don't know their names, like them all. One came from Japan with a hub still installed, it had some damage but it works great. I bought one years ago that was foam rubber instead of leather for use on a boat. It was/is surprisingly durable.

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
2/16/13 7:03 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote:
BoxheadTim wrote: My absolute favourite wheel would be the Momo Prototipo: Unsurprising, it's "not cheap".
Tim is correct. The prototipo is gorgeous. And I don't have one on any of my cars. Yet. Maybe the MG needs one. I have owned a couple of Champions in the past and currently have a Momo Mod.07 on the rally car (good choice) and a Martini Racing Momo from an Integrale on my daily driver. The MG currently has a cheap Grant which has never really gelled with the car.

I have one on the MGB GT From Hell. I really like it.

Got the wheel as a present from the wife unit. Took me 3 years to find the hub. Was someplace in the UK.

It even looked good on the wall!

Woody
Woody MegaDork
2/16/13 7:20 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
poopshovel wrote:
You guys need a pre-1998 or so Grant. The old ones were of very nice quality. I have one from ~1980 that's still perfect. The new ones you buy in PepZoneBoyzQuest suck.

I threw the first one out in 1997.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon Dork
2/16/13 11:40 p.m.

I wish aftermarket steering wheels weren't illegal in my class (stupid rule), because I would love to put a nice wheel in the S. The Monte Carlo has always been my favorite. Simple and clean.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TsrGTGkATXcYcRaaxbmeKjf7zoIC1LbqtcAHTlD1XJBxNBp7fieVr6s82WqhSpha