1 2
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/29/14 9:55 p.m.

Swaaaaap Eeeiiittttttt, mang!

Eastwood_Company
Eastwood_Company New Reader
7/2/14 9:24 a.m.

Sorry to bump an old thread but i was thinking of picking up a z32 as a project and weekend warrior... BUT 1 thing i did not see mentioned for an easy swap ALONG with easy to work on lighter engine ect...

VH45/VK - $400 engine $500 conversion swap... And almost the same power as an LS. Only downfall little to no after market in terms of exhaust or boost. All would need to be custom made. BUT for 320hp V8 matching torque quick painless swap +1

Also the porsche Cheyenne** how ever you say it intake manifold is a direct swap along with SR/WRXSTI injectors ect ect.

evildky
evildky Dork
7/2/14 9:28 a.m.

Ever worked on a VH45? You're better off with the VG30DETT, the are both over engineered for engineerings sake and massive pita's to service, loads of one off hard to find expensive parts. Not sure if anyone has done the VK yet, I don't know much about that one. I personally think a VG30ET would be a better swap into the Z32 as a bonus it would piss off all the Z32 guys.

Will
Will SuperDork
7/2/14 10:07 a.m.

This thread has me more interested in Z32s. Does a 2-seater hardtop NA exist? Is the 2-seater any lighter than a 2+2? Any options to look for or avoid? How do these cars compare to, say, a 94-95 5.0 Mustang?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltraDork
7/2/14 10:11 a.m.
Will wrote: This thread has me more interested in Z32s. Does a 2-seater hardtop NA exist? Is the 2-seater any lighter than a 2+2? Any options to look for or avoid? How do these cars compare to, say, a 94-95 5.0 Mustang?

1) Yes they exist, barely. Its called a "slicktop" by the Z32 crowd. Very hard to find. 2) Yes, its a buttload lighter than a 2+2 3) The slicktop has minimal options. Only thing I would avoid if possible is the auto climate control. It works well, but the sensor in the roof fails and can make it act kinda wonky. Easy and cheap fix, but something you simply don't have to deal with on the manual control. Look for one thats already had the injectors replaced though if possible. 4) They look way better.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 HalfDork
7/2/14 10:39 a.m.

In reply to Eastwood_Company: Since the last post before yours was only 3 days, it doesn't really count as "old". Plus, as they say, everything that is old, will become new. Also, people that don't know history are doomed to repeat it, or something to that effect.

NONACK
NONACK Reader
7/2/14 10:42 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: Swaaaaap Eeeiiittttttt, mang!

Is this a thing? As in, documented somewhere? There is a local 300zx with an asploded engine for very cheap...

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy PowerDork
7/2/14 11:20 a.m.

In reply to NONACK:

Yep, both the LS1/T56 and RB-series conversion parts are sold as a kit here: http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CXR&Category_Code=300ZX

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mJwK7hXg5YkCv6d8G2pEvmLcYj8prF9fBd2HAJGH85ywxjqXkGUeAZIfvYOGBpfz