6 7 8
stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
4/14/24 8:05 a.m.

I'm drawn to shiny objects, so I vote for a full polish.  

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
4/14/24 1:15 p.m.

Hahahaha!

yeah that hit close to home.  Me too sometimes.  

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
5/27/24 5:13 p.m.

^ canoe much where you are from?

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
5/27/24 5:15 p.m.

Once I tidy up a few things on my Cougar, this thing gets a tear down!  Forks and shocks out for tear down, new springs, new seals, and fresh fluid.  I'll install the tank at that time as well I think.  

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
5/27/24 8:06 p.m.
wawazat said:

Vintage Ducs had mixed finishes on the tank.  The bike that was the Ducati's inspiration for mine did not however.  
All of this is just to make for a more enticing BAT auction when I'm too old to ride this thing anymore! 

Modern Ducati SP and the R still have the polished or brushed tank. One of my favorite features on mine. 

also it's astonishing the difference the wheel weight makes. The lighter ones and especially the carbon fiber ones loose the most weight on the rim where it does the most work. 

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
6/6/24 6:55 a.m.

Yeah I've been looking at those for inspiration.  The ones I've seen have all been brushed and I like the look.  

The wheels have become my favorite mod on the bike to this point.  I always thought the spokes wheels looked fantastic but adding the aluminum rim is a subtle extra touch.  I'm torn as to what finish I'm going to use on the cast wheels-stripped and polished or stripped and bright gold.  

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
6/28/24 10:32 a.m.

Local motorcycle GTG last night.  Beautiful night for a quick ride.  

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
9/22/24 11:47 a.m.

I was headed to a local motorcycle GTG Wednesday night when a kind motorist told me I had no brake light so I headed home.   
Yesterday I pulled it apart and the lens came off the reflector which it's not supposed to do.  The bulb was bad so it got a new 1157 LED.  I glued the lens to the reflector with some 5 min epoxy and put everything back in the hole. 

6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FQRfuMLvgVtJDQkYWFEp4J14n2HOimlEIODJWmtL2nPHgfR2oAiDQLCoycRbmPVf