gixxeropa
gixxeropa HalfDork
7/5/24 6:55 p.m.

I've noticed a ton of places around me selling grom style mini bikes by a company called "ice bear". Definitely Chinese, but are they worth $1500 if you're willing to do a bit of fabricobbling? 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UberDork
7/5/24 9:45 p.m.

I would put an ad on Craigslist etc  asking for a Honda Minitrail 50 or 70 , 

Much better investment than a Chinese  bike.

Motojunky
Motojunky Reader
7/5/24 10:05 p.m.

I have two of the CT70 clones. They have been reliable and fun. If you're a tinkerer, they're a lot of fun. If you're expecting new Japanese fit and finish you may be disappointed. I'd expect the same from the Grom clones. 

gixxeropa
gixxeropa HalfDork
7/5/24 10:26 p.m.

In reply to Motojunky :

I've been looking at those too. Really just want a small bike to cruise around my neighborhood and the pits. Might be what I go for

gixxeropa
gixxeropa HalfDork
7/5/24 10:27 p.m.

In reply to californiamilleghia :

Seems like in my area, a grom or mini trail in non-scrap condition seems to go for twice  what one of the Chinese ones does

Motojunky
Motojunky Reader
7/5/24 10:36 p.m.

In reply to gixxeropa :

Where are you? I have two and really only "need" one. I could stand to part with the red or the green. 

gixxeropa
gixxeropa HalfDork
7/5/24 11:16 p.m.

I'm in the Atlanta area. Probably not looking to buy just right now unless it's too good of a deal to pass up. Maybe in a couple months

rustyvw
rustyvw Dork
7/5/24 11:22 p.m.

In reply to Motojunky :

Where are you?  

Motojunky
Motojunky Reader
7/5/24 11:26 p.m.

In reply to rustyvw :

Northern MD. 

Motojunky
Motojunky Reader
7/5/24 11:27 p.m.

In reply to gixxeropa :

I'm not actively selling but I really don't need two. If you get to the point where you're ready, shoot me a message. 

fatallightning
fatallightning HalfDork
7/10/24 11:57 a.m.

Ever consider a Honda Navi? New retail is $1999

gixxeropa
gixxeropa HalfDork
7/10/24 11:59 a.m.

In reply to fatallightning :

Didn't know they existed, seems like a decent option

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/10/24 4:51 p.m.

In reply to gixxeropa :

Same, also didn’t know about them. Looks cool. 

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee PowerDork
7/16/24 12:53 a.m.
fatallightning said:

Ever consider a Honda Navi? New retail is $1999

On paper. I would have never considered one. CVT 110cc tiny wheels etc etc.  buddy of mine picked one up while on vacation that had heavier springs installed in the clutch and an uncorked exhaust installed. 

After having a chance to ride it for ~45 minutes or so I actually enjoyed it. Would be terrified on a main road with it as it's not quick past 35 or so but it topped out around 55 with my then 270lb self on it. Its shockingly comfortable. Like I swear the seat was 6inches thick as with next to no (compared to my dirt bike) suspension travel it wasn't terrible playing on state forest trails and fire roads. The low center of gravity is highly amusing with the short wheelbase. I seriously considered buying it when he put it up for sale last year. 

they'll even catch some air with a crazy enough rider with no ill effects found. (Other than the fuel line popped off the carb a bit later on that day. 

For reference, the guy riding the Navi there is 6'5" and 200lbs. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vCdDUEzY37WXdt0lR2jJCdNfVuJ63l2dypyB1tEdtF8mZZhjRvKtcCUE8eTnsz5y