1 2
wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
7/20/23 11:23 p.m.

Yeah after having the we250x and running around at full power in the vintage Harley I really am starting to like the lower power bikes. But I am absolutely spoiled by the good suspension I have in my big bikes. 

I want non progressive springs, I want adjusters in the front that actually do things and springs that match my weight. That plus sport touring tires that warm up quick and the ticket I think. 

moto2 needs more work then we thought and price did not come down accordingly. Found another with 300 miles locally for 13k that I know is good but still on the fence about it. 

Ducati will be down at least another 2 weeks based on my talk with the shop so just at 65 days I think all in and I expect more.  Looked at a 748 for a friend locally that was fully prepped and man is it pretty. Good deal so he picked it up. 

My xr1200 decided to die last week and tracked it down to the fuel pump. That's been fixed at least. Going in for shoulder check this weekend, might need a scraping so that will but a damper on things if that goes through later in the year. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
7/26/23 12:34 p.m.

Found a used ZX4RR with 81 miles already has a full exhaust, full tune, Brembo RCS controls and rearsets for 11K private party. Working on getting the shipping aligned up. 

Or another road trip to texas and back to so call with a uPS truck. 

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
7/29/23 1:21 p.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe :

Did you end up closing the deal on the 4RR? Though of you when I read this:

Good read

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
8/5/23 10:41 a.m.

Ugggh a bit of folly on my part. 

So I sold my 959 late last night, Ducati club member had his 848 destroyed in a parking lot when it was run over while parked by a tow truck. He should be picking up the bike in about a week give or take. Happy it's going to someone who knows what they are buying and has the skill to ride it and not kill themselves. After getting it back and realizing that I cruise on the freeway at around 110 just puttering along and its just not fun unless you are balls out on the throttle. The limits of the bike are just too high. Pushed the bike to the back of the garage and put the key in the safe with the title so nop more 959. 

The modified ZX4RR is still at a shop being reassembled with all of the new parts and they are having fitment issues so they asked if they could have a couple weeks to get it squared away. All cool with that but wanted a bike so passed and put a deposit on a OEM bike up in North LA at a dealership. They played no games with the price so I was happy. Got a email this morning  from yesterday evening that the deal is off because the bike is on a full stop sale right now due to a recall on all 997 ZX4RR's delivered to the united states over the charging system.  

Wooo. So going to keep looking, I found a MH900E locally at 20K that I really like and that has full service and that has the bar risers and better rearsets so maybe I do that instead for the next couple months and then get the ZX4R after that if thjey make it in a naked like they say they are going to do. 

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
8/5/23 11:25 a.m.

You should be able to keep the deposit on the zx4rr even with the stop sale. I bought my S1kRR like that. 

On the other hand, an MH900E is the one I would be picking up. Just keep in mind the riding position will get old quick. Faster than the zx4 also probably. 

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
8/5/23 11:28 a.m.

Have you ever looked at the Yamaha MTs? An MT-07 is a riot, maybe even an MT-03 if you want a small engined bike. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
8/5/23 1:01 p.m.
Slippery said:

Have you ever looked at the Yamaha MTs? An MT-07 is a riot, maybe even an MT-03 if you want a small engined bike. 

Had a MT03 that I adored and it was my daily for a few months. Gave it to a cousin of mine to use in college and it will come back. I really like the MT09 SP but had to find right now. 

The MT07 is a really good bike as well. I have also looked at a MV Dragster. Factory demo with 100 miles for about 14K I think I can do plus tax. Still under warrenty. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
8/5/23 5:41 p.m.

I test rode a bunch of stuff this morning from the streetfighter V2/V4 to a MV to a few crazy things. This was the most fun and now its in the garage, it's just a hoot to ride in traffice and in the corners nothing is going to catch me ever. 

2019 SMCR with exhaust. 3K miles, serviced every 1K mile or every year what ever was first. New tires, enough fluids to filters to keep me going for years and some nice little farkles. 

Product photo of 2019 KTM 690 SMC-R

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
8/5/23 6:00 p.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe :

I am jealous! 

That looks awesome and I bet its a hoot. I have never ridden one, closest KTM dealer is in Miami and that is pita to go to. Might need to venture there one of these days. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
8/5/23 6:12 p.m.

Yeah it's a hooligan bike for sure. Big thumper is fun just in a different way from the screaming 4. Still need to get the suspension setup properly it's was to stiff right now for street use. 

Still getting a Zx4rr when I sell some more car parts and they come off the stop sale or buy one used. It was like 13k otd for a new one without the adm so not worth the headache for now. 

ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter)
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/5/23 11:59 p.m.

Nice! I love my Husky 701 (Enduro converted to Supermoto) and agree that they are just ridiculous fun riding around town or on a twisty backroad!

I'm really intrigued by the ZX4RR, so I will keep following along to see how your experience goes!

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
8/6/23 12:19 a.m.

My Kim 690 Enduro is one of my favorite bikes ever.  It's such a hooligan!

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee PowerDork
8/12/23 2:03 p.m.

I'll admit to some jealousy. The 2019 motors we're supposed to be much much smoother/less vibes. I had the option of a SMCR or my duke and went with the duke. Should have gone the other way. Fantastic motor, still makes me giggle after 2.5 years with it. I just want more wind protection for commuting in it. 

indygi
indygi New Reader
10/25/23 8:54 p.m.

So I just took my ZX 4 RR for its 600 mile tune. For months before buying it I thought ZX 6 R (636) was what I really needed. I've been writing for about 50 years (56 yo now) and still ride motocross with a YZ 250 and a CRF 250 with my 17 yr old. I cruise with the wife on back of my ninja 1000 sx. 2 months ago I drove 200 miles to Kentucky to buy the only 4 RR with the KRT colors. First ride I felt like I bought a $10,000 (nearly $12,000 with ABS, fees, doc, set up, etc.) moped. To get my 200 pound butt to move I feel like I needed to pushoff with my feet and point downhill to get it going. After an ECU flash (2 wheeldyno), a DNA air filter, a graves slip on, and about an 8 pound weight loss from no chicken wings for two weeks, and it is a new bike. It is an angry little fella. Sitting next to the Ninja 1000 SX it does look smaller and feels light and nimble. Handling is amazing on the street, but I don't have a track close by or the experience. I can't put into words what the 4 RR sounds like to have a little open road and wind through the gears to about fourth, where you're starting to near triple digits, and risking an arrest. The quick shifter makes me feel and sound like I'm on a track. The auto blip when I downshift with no clutch is so cool. The graves is so loud that little old ladies in the neighborhood shake their fists at me when I go by, and pedestrians and cars alongside me in traffic give me the hand signals to crank up the throttle for them. I can really get on it the little in-line four is singing a beautiful song and things start coming at me with a blur. I look up and see the cop up ahead, thinking oh crap, but I look down and the speedometer says 54 miles an hour (in a 45 mile an hour zone). I just grin at the cop. I might add a 636 to the stable for a different type of desire, but I don't regret the 4 RR purchase (unrestricted). The big Ninja sits in the garage for most of the week. If I do the smog blockers and velocity stackers (no idea what these are) I can probably start having chicken wings again.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
B3d62Sb6H1nacVGmS7LCMnKjKuoxRZhi19AbYCrW44tlP2vb1lWPEwZEsfSBqvMF