1 2 3 4
DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) MegaDork
5/3/24 1:48 p.m.

I've been cheering for the Leafs, if only to see a hangdog look on Marchand's face, and I'm a Canadiens fan. I'd like to see a Canadian team win the cup since it's been so long, but Florida and New York are looking pretty strong. As long as the series go six or seven games I'll be entertained.

No Time
No Time UltraDork
5/3/24 1:58 p.m.

The one benefit of a game 7 is there is a drive-in about 30-45 minutes away that is showing the game on the big screen, for free!

We may go watch the game there, and at least have a crowd to commiserate with if the Bs can't get their act together. 

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
5/3/24 2:41 p.m.

The Hurricanes/Rangers series should be good. The 'Canes made some good additions and are playing pretty good hockey. 

I'm really hoping Toronto beats the Bruins.

preach
preach UltraDork
5/3/24 4:38 p.m.

Cinco de Mayo riots in Boston if the Bs lose. I hope that's not the case.

In 6 matches, Pasternak has 1 point. That's 11 million for 1 point...

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
5/3/24 4:43 p.m.

In reply to preach :

Tavares has 2.

I just read something funny.

Either the Bruins are going to blow a second straight 3-1 lead, or the Leafs are going to lose a sixth straight game seven.

No Time
No Time UberDork
5/4/24 11:24 p.m.

Regardless of who you were cheering for, that was how close a game 7 should be. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
5/5/24 9:29 a.m.

I'm glad they lost.

Growing up in and around the GTA the Leafs were my team, but I was so disappointed with this management team, and the general state of NHL hockey I completely gave up on it a few years ago. Letting Zach Hyman go, precisely the kind of player you need more of to win, was the last straw. I understand, I'm a goaltender, my thoughts on the game tend to be a little different, and I'm used to people telling me I have no idea what I'm talking about. Still, I don't like being told that, especially when it's this obvious, and I was right, so I'm gloating.

You're not going anywhere with most of your payroll tied up in 4 soft players, with defence and, especially, goaltending an afterthought. You can't build an NHL team like it's an OHL team, it doesn't work that way. Dubas had some interesting ideas, but I'm glad he's gone, and hopefully, Shanahan will be too, and a new management team will come in and turn some of those high scoring assets into something that can win playoff games.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
5/5/24 9:58 a.m.

I'm torn on the Leafs.  They are very much like the Lions.  But at the same time, their media and fans are insufferable.  Whereas our fans just love the team.

But it's not as if Boston fans and media are any better.  We do have family there, so there's still a small soft spot.

Swayman really kept them in that game, along with some serious puck luck in front of him.  Although the latter could be called nerves on the Leafs part.

preach
preach UltraDork
5/5/24 11:29 a.m.

Swayman is definitely MVP of that series. I would be raging if I was him. How many shots on goal and not much from his offense.

My beard still grows.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/5/24 11:40 a.m.

Sorry, I'm a few days late with this.

Marchand's flop before he realized it was an official grabbing him really brought it home for me. He plays soccer on skates. berkeley that guy.

golfduke
golfduke Dork
5/6/24 8:16 a.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

Sorry, I'm a few days late with this.

Marchand's flop before he realized it was an official grabbing him really brought it home for me. He plays soccer on skates. berkeley that guy.

just with a lot more licking... haha. 

Marchand is a rat, but he's MY rat.  He still annoys me with his antics when they go over the top, but he's much like PK Subban to me.  Absolutely loathe him, but also absolutely want him on my home team.

And yeah, it was a good game, but both teams were still terrified to make a dumb mistake.  It took a serious brainfart on Marner's part to wake Pasta up, and hopefully they can play a little lighter now that they exercised that first round demon and are now sort of playing with house money now.  Nobody expects the bruins to win more than a couple against a superior Panthers team. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
5/6/24 9:38 a.m.

Going to be honest... shocked that the Bruins pulled that off the way they have been playing. But then again, it is the Leafs, and the Leafs gonna Leaf. That OT goal with the PERFECT pass by Lindholm and Pasta sealing the deal was special. About time he woke up from his postseason nap! 

Should be an interesting series with Florida. I didn't realize how well they played them in the regular season. It's anyone's guess if they'll be able to get it done. They are playing with house money now. 

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
5/6/24 5:45 p.m.

#LGR

No Time
No Time UberDork
5/7/24 10:23 a.m.

Last night's Bruins vs Panthers game had the outcome I wanted to see, but not the score I was expecting. 

It will be interesting to see what adjustments Florida makes on Wednesday and if the Bruins can create momentum. 

5/7/24 10:26 a.m.

Ok, game 2 for the 'Canes and Rangers tonight.

Stay out of the dang box! 

No Time
No Time UberDork
5/7/24 10:31 a.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) :

I definitely want to the the Rangers win, and sweeping the 'canes would be nice. I was hoping for a NYR vs NYI series, but the Carolina spoiled that so they need to be knocked out by the Rangers.

Staying out of the box is going to a challenge for Rempe, between the height and reputation they will be watching him. 

No Time
No Time UberDork
5/12/24 11:40 p.m.

Where to begin....

The Bruins are just being out played. I was expecting them to come out guns blazing after Marchand was taken out last game by Bennet. They did, but then lost their momentum. 

I think the contested goal and interference calls did in their momentum and structure tonight. 

Definitely some "interesting" officiating in the Bruins games, both first and second round.

golfduke
golfduke Dork
5/13/24 9:16 a.m.
No Time said:

Where to begin....

The Bruins are just being out played. I was expecting them to come out guns blazing after Marchand was taken out last game by Bennet. They did, but then lost their momentum. 

I think the contested goal and interference calls did in their momentum and structure tonight. 

Definitely some "interesting" officiating in the Bruins games, both first and second round.

I would be more upset about the, um inconsistent, officiating if the bruins weren't just clearly the inferior team here.  The only spot that they have more talent is in the crease, and that's it.  This Panthers team is physical, explosive, and they know how to manipulate calls.  The Bruins have no match to their speed or tenacity, and it shows.  The bennett sucker punch was bad, as was the goallie interference.  But IMHO neither of those will ultimately change the outcome of the series.  Florida is just better. 

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
5/13/24 9:32 a.m.

I'm with golfduke.  We could complain about the officiating if the Bruins shots on goal were within 10% of the Panthers, they're nowhere close to that.  That and the Bruins seem content to sit and wait for the puck to get to them while the Panthers are swarming it which might be related to the lack of shots on goal.  I feel like Preach is going to be be clean shaven soon.

golfduke
golfduke Dork
5/13/24 10:00 a.m.

And I definitely don't advocate for violence or injury, but it'd be a nice parting gift to fans if someone could put a clean, hard hit right into Bennett's chest... 

5/13/24 10:03 a.m.

May be an image of 1 person, playing hockey and text that says 'NEW YORK PANGERS 3 NYR FINAL Today 4 CAR 9'

I'm very interested to see what happens tonight.

No Time
No Time UberDork
5/13/24 11:52 a.m.
golfduke said:

And I definitely don't advocate for violence or injury, but it'd be a nice parting gift to fans if someone could put a clean, hard hit right into Bennett's chest... 

If Maroon doesn't do it, there's hope that Rempe will. 

golfduke
golfduke Dork
5/13/24 2:54 p.m.
No Time said:
golfduke said:

If Maroon doesn't do it, there's hope that Rempe will. 

Rempe might actually decapitate him.  Between him and 'Flying Elbows' Trouba, I find it hard to root for them.  

preach
preach UltraDork
5/13/24 5:16 p.m.

Seems the Bs are thinking about golf...

No Time
No Time UberDork
5/13/24 7:08 p.m.

In reply to preach :

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Birthdays
Our Preferred Partners