1 2
Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
8/26/10 6:41 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: You also got to see the hilariously offensive and un-PC treatment by one of the WWII vets at the firm of the Honda execs.

Without having seen the episode, I can say with some certainty that that employee is Roger Sterling. His character is the most un-PC person imaginable. When Don has the interview from Ad Age, and the interviewer is a double amputee: "They must be hurting for cash, they didn't even send a whole reporter!"

It is a damn good show. I missed all of the second season and the end of the third, so I'm slightly lost at this point.

And as for Joan, she is a whole lot of woman. Not quite my type. And by that I mean the type that could bench press me. Don's ex-wife is more my type. That woman is gorgeous...too bad she's a complete &^#%(*@!

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
8/26/10 6:53 p.m.
Sarah Young wrote:
grimmelshanks wrote:
JG Pasterjak wrote: Anyone else watching the best show currently on tv?
sorry, breaking bad is the best show on tv
Good God, I love "Breaking Bad." Four for you.

You must be the new one around the office. Let me be first to say congratulations. Also, let me say that if your Avatar is a Liz Lemon reference, you will fit in just fine. I love 30 Rock!

Sorry JG, but "30 Rock", and "It's always sunny in Philadelphia" are just a couple ticks above Mad Men in my book.

cxhb
cxhb HalfDork
8/26/10 7:07 p.m.

WoooW... I really gotta start watching Mad Men...

Here's the Honda scene

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
8/26/10 7:34 p.m.
Platinum90 wrote:
Sarah Young wrote:
grimmelshanks wrote:
JG Pasterjak wrote: Anyone else watching the best show currently on tv?
sorry, breaking bad is the best show on tv
Good God, I love "Breaking Bad." Four for you.
You must be the new one around the office. Let me be first to say congratulations. Also, let me say that if your Avatar is a Liz Lemon reference, you will fit in just fine. I love 30 Rock! Sorry JG, but "30 Rock", and "It's always sunny in Philadelphia" are just a couple ticks above Mad Men in my book.

Actually, the best show on tv comes back for a second season on September 26th when Kenny Powers shows just how sexy Mexican baseball can be.

Honestly, as much as I bitch about crappy entertainment, it's mostly that there's a lot of crappy content as a percentage of the whole. In truth, there's really more good shows out there than we take the time to watch. I was pretty committed to Battlestar Galactica for a while, but I never got around to finishing it. That, along with Breaking Bad are definitely on my list of things to get caught up on someday.

jg

hobiercr
hobiercr Reader
8/27/10 8:38 a.m.

EB&D is coming back? Talk about un-pc, whew. Roger Sterling has nothing on Kenny Powers...

My wife and I rented the first two seasons of "Mad Men" on DVD to catch up and have been followers since then. I find the writing, acting and attention to detail to be some of the best I have ever seen. Case in point, the final scene from the last episode. I haven't been this hooked since "Six Feet Under."

The next season break I will probably do the same with "Breaking Bad" to catch up to current. I have to watch things from the beginning. Doing it any other way just feels wrong.

We have just started watching "The Big C". Jury is still out on this one. "Weeds" jumped the shark two seasons ago...

Other than that "Wipeout" is the best thing on TV.

sarali
sarali None
9/15/10 2:29 a.m.

mad men is a great show

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
m4E5QOwAT9XBuPUClRz3marD2Q3aJKBr3DZvHKAFXSQLyUTwyLxzkdEXH2F8mFuj