RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior New Reader
1/4/09 9:06 p.m.

Finally got the money/time to do it. So I'm heading to it this week. Any GRM-ers also going?

Type Q
Type Q HalfDork
1/5/09 1:07 a.m.

I will be there. I tickets lined up for Saturday and Sunday. Where are you staying?

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior New Reader
1/5/09 8:43 a.m.

Well, I'm gonna be on the trip run through Kintetsu travel, i'm gonna be staying at the Shingawa Prince hotel while i'm over in Japan. And some random place at the airport in LA before I head out .

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Production Editor
1/5/09 2:15 p.m.

Not this year. I'm super jealous of all youse guys. I've been telling myself "next year for sure" since 1997...

Looks like David's going to make it, though. He's working feverishly to get things settled so he can relax (ha!) while he's gone.

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior New Reader
1/6/09 10:15 a.m.

yeah, i'm psyched. gotta stay in LA for a night, but whatever :)

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/6/09 10:19 a.m.

Michele and I will be there representing GRM. We leave super-early tomorrow morning.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
1/6/09 10:22 a.m.

If I can get the Citation fueld in time, I may be there. ZZZZZZZZZZ...wha? Darn, I was dreaming again.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
1/6/09 11:03 a.m.
RoadWarrior wrote: i'm gonna be staying at the Shingawa Prince hotel while i'm over in Japan.

Nice place, that one...I liked the international breakfast thingie. That was the ONLY place I used a fork during my 2 weeks in Japan last year.

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin Reader
1/6/09 3:47 p.m.

TAS (or at least visiting Japan) is definetly on my bucket list.

Wally
Wally SuperDork
1/7/09 2:35 a.m.

I am going to go to Japan one day, If only to find a model of my Cavalier.

Yes, the Japanesse do have strange taste.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Production Editor
1/7/09 8:43 a.m.

That Cavalier was sold as a Toyota in Japan. Freaked me out. I never got to see one close enough to poke around, but it looked like just a badge change versus the US car. Sure made me wish I could read Japanese to see what their magazines had to say about it.

Wally
Wally SuperDork
1/7/09 8:48 a.m.

When I was looking for parts I found a guy in Washington state who was bringing back "JDM" Cavalier parts. I thought about saving up for the right hand drive setup for the ultimate waste of time and money.

Type Q
Type Q HalfDork
1/7/09 6:44 p.m.

I have been staying at my mother-in-laws apartment in Tokyo. Unfortunately She doesnt have internet access set up. I love to check out the show with fellow GRMers. Perhaps Sunday morning someone could pick a place to meet. I do not know the geograpghy around Makuhari Messe. Ill be offline for the next two days. If someone wants to suggest a place, I`ll find a way to get back online Friday or Saturday to check in.

Black Stig
Black Stig Reader
1/7/09 7:32 p.m.

My big brother, who is stationed in Japan, is going to the TAS, that should be pretty cool, he's going to take some pictures and video for me . . .I'll be in Tokyo sometime later this year . . .it'll feel good to go back to Japan for a bit.

-Dave

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
1/8/09 11:55 a.m.

It's on my list of things to do before I die...someday!

Bryce

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior New Reader
1/13/09 6:47 a.m.

Just got back last night after 20 hours in the plane. Had a great time! Was cool meeting you David. Drift experience was a blast, show was fun. Ended up partying with some of the magazine staff for DSport magazine while I was there. Was an awesome time all around.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
u0TXhPJ3A2WPqXCVFPYDwpeKgFJJjPvAJ5FvhkoOllUdhsqhazEuUljIXQqKaugf