SV reX MegaDork
11/28/23 8:13 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

The name changes confused me too

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/28/23 8:31 a.m.
NickD said:

The issue I had was that it seems like a few years back it seems like everyone went nuts changing their names around and I'm not sure if they've left entirely or they changed their name and I haven't been able to connect the new name with the old name.

I still miss SwankForceOne, but I know where he went. 

I'd like an update, if you've got one. He stopped responding to my texts a few years ago. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/28/23 8:32 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

Ah, the John Cougar Mellencamp project. I remember we used to have fun. I was Apple Cougar Melonseed for a while.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/28/23 9:04 a.m.
NickD said:

The issue I had was that it seems like a few years back it seems like everyone went nuts changing their names around and I'm not sure if they've left entirely or they changed their name and I haven't been able to connect the new name with the old name.

Added to that - I'm friends with a bunch of y'all on Facebook, too, but I have an extremely shaky grasp of who there is who here (with some clear exceptions).

NickD
NickD MegaDork
11/28/23 9:17 a.m.
Mndsm said:
NickD said:

I'd like an update, if you've got one. He stopped responding to my texts a few years ago. 

I guess I worded that poorly. I knew that he left the forum, and the internet, from what I understand. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/28/23 9:24 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

If SFO is who I think he is, he was active on FB within the last couple months.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/28/23 9:31 a.m.
Duke said:

In reply to NickD :

If SFO is who I think he is, he was active on FB within the last couple months.

I am NOT friends with him on FB, but if there's a purple miata involved, that's the guy. 

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
11/28/23 10:53 a.m.
NickD said:

If they were mainly known by their original name, you can go to their profile and check the URL.

Not that I am widely mainly known at all, except for a few here, but I would usually go back to my original U/N fairly quickly before the last name change, which will stay until one of two things happen... for Reasons.

Regardless, keeping a memorable avatar consistently the same appears to be more important here than most any other forum that doesn't allow name changes.

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
11/28/23 11:00 a.m.
Duke said:
NickD said:

Added to that - I'm friends with a bunch of y'all on Facebook, too, but I have an extremely shaky grasp of who there is who here (with some clear exceptions).

That reminds me.  I need to dig into my friend requests and find yours. 
 I'm horrible with FB housekeeping, and odd with requests from folks I haven't met in person which leads to requests languishing for long periods of time.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
11/28/23 5:41 p.m.

Pete. Where TF is Pete?

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
11/30/23 11:35 a.m.

Derrick Freese. 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
11/30/23 11:42 a.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

Thanks for asking laugh

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/30/23 12:38 p.m.
SV reX said:

Derrick Freese. 

He's around on FB. Somehow he chose me to be friends with, of all people. Remains to be seen if he thinks that was a good idea or not. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
11/30/23 12:49 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

He single handedly saved me from being run over by an unmanned car at the Challenge.  He's a guy I appreciate, and would like to see around. 

Plus we shared a lot of nutball ideas. laugh

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
11/30/23 1:27 p.m.
NickD said:
Mndsm said:
NickD said:

I guess I worded that poorly. I knew that he left the forum, and the internet, from what I understand. 

I just had to check my Gmail chat, it's been 3+ years since I've chatted with Ben. Years ago when I still lived in Tulsa, he stopped by and we had lunch while he was on his epic roadtrip around the country. 

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon SuperDork
11/30/23 11:48 p.m.

Has anyone heard from DaylanC?  I see him post occasionally on Instagram but haven't seen him active on here in awhile

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
12/1/23 8:09 a.m.
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/1/23 8:11 a.m.
RacetruckRon said:

Has anyone heard from DaylanC?  I see him post occasionally on Instagram but haven't seen him active on here in awhile

Talked to him via FB also, not too long ago. He's had an epic adventure as of late. He's got s build thread with some truly awful civics around here somewhere. 

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
12/1/23 8:56 a.m.
NickD said:

This was one I was going to bring up. Ben IIRC? He had a few usernames. I remember a Mazda v6 frankencreation that didnt pan out. I dont remember much after that. 

Where did he went?

ninja edit: I see others chimed in as well. Sorry to see him go. I liked the way his mind worked.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon SuperDork
12/1/23 10:45 a.m.

In reply to Stampie and Mndsm :

Thanks guys, I always enjoy reading about the junk he gets his hands on.

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/1/23 12:32 p.m.

Ben, SFO is probably responsible for me getting into BG chassis, otherwise I'd likely be elbows deep in Volvo 240s or Saab 900s. Even though the other platforms may be "cooler" or more capable, I'm forever indebted to him for inspiring me to go with BG chassis cars, as they're beautifully simplistic, have solid mechanical parts availability (even 30 years later) and as I've aged (and aged hard) the chassis's capabilities now match my own. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
12/1/23 12:44 p.m.
Peabody said:

Pete. Where TF is Pete?

Pete's life exploded recently in a good way

Daylan C.
Daylan C. PowerDork
12/3/23 11:30 a.m.
RacetruckRon said:

I'm still around. Haven't really been super active here for a while now. But I check back occasionally. Haven't really had much to add to any of my build threads since I moved to the Chicago suburbs and 2 of my cars are still in storage at mom's house in Kentucky because that move and career change did not go as planned at all. I feel like it's starting to work out for the best, but I definitely planned on getting a lot more done this year than I was able to.

Honestly though I'm just flattered somebody cared enough to ask about me. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/5/23 10:33 a.m.

Whatever happened to tb?  I haven't noticed a post from them in a while.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
12/5/23 11:00 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Peabody said:

Pete. Where TF is Pete?

Pete's life exploded recently in a good way

Rare is the postwhore who actually, and consistently has something to say.

You were conspicuous by your absence.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DFHt7qoxWXuhUbui46aznv4NHtknIv8ybGZdhKjwzOsC3NEaQYAb81aFSf6YaoGM