1 2
Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
6/1/10 2:28 p.m.

Tipper and Al Gore announce separation

I appreciate her need for a name change, but I wonder if she realizes that she'll still be named "Tipper" after the big D.

Margie

oldsaw
oldsaw Dork
6/1/10 2:43 p.m.

She won't care because (in this case) the big D means dipping into Owl's money - in a big, big (almost global-warming) kind of way.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
6/1/10 2:43 p.m.

Technically she can change her first name after the divorce as well.

fastmiata
fastmiata Reader
6/1/10 3:04 p.m.

For some reason, reading about this break-up warmed my heart but I never voted for the home-boy anyway. Al's just as fake as any politician ever was.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 New Reader
6/1/10 3:09 p.m.

What's amazing is that Al Gore invented the internet!

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
6/1/10 3:18 p.m.

I expect there will be an Inconvenient Truth forthcoming.

jlm_photo
jlm_photo New Reader
6/1/10 4:28 p.m.

Guess I posted my opinion on the wrong side of the forums...but Al Gore is guilty of doing more damage to the enviroment than anyone.

6/1/10 4:31 p.m.
jlm_photo wrote: Guess I posted my opinion on the wrong side of the forums...but Al Gore is guilty of doing more damage to the enviroment than anyone.

I present BP & the US Nuclear test program as two reasons you are probably over-estimating his impact.

jlm_photo
jlm_photo New Reader
6/1/10 4:33 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: I present BP & the US Nuclear test program as two reasons you are probably over-estimating his impact.

Okay...maybe he is number 3.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
6/1/10 4:35 p.m.

Gee, I thought they were the couple the novel 'Love Story' was patterned after? Oops, turns out it was only Al after all.

http://www.gargaro.com/notgore.html

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
6/1/10 4:37 p.m.

I have a special place in my heart for Tipper. It's right behind the stack of Dead Kennedys records.

Jello v. Tipper, from the wayback machine.

turboswede
turboswede SuperDork
6/1/10 4:53 p.m.

Okay Tom,

You win the Internets.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
6/1/10 6:11 p.m.

Who gets custody of the Internet?

oldsaw
oldsaw Dork
6/1/10 7:04 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote: I have a special place in my heart for Tipper. It's right behind the stack of Dead Kennedys records. Jello v. Tipper, from the wayback machine.

Never trust the sanctimonious, regardless of which side of the pulpit from which they preach.

novaderrik
novaderrik Reader
6/1/10 7:52 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote: I have a special place in my heart for Tipper. It's right behind the stack of Dead Kennedys records. Jello v. Tipper, from the wayback machine.

i prefer the way Dee Snider put the smack down on AlGore in the PMRC hearings when Al tried to get all "big boy" on him for picking on his wife.

fastmiata
fastmiata Reader
6/1/10 8:59 p.m.

Al may have walked on water for some folk but around here, he was fodder for good laughs: his kid getting caught speeding in hybrid and his home being a gross polluter being two examples.

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
6/1/10 9:27 p.m.

Nobody berkelys with Dee Snider.

aeronca65t
aeronca65t HalfDork
6/2/10 7:36 a.m.

A pity.

I thought he was OK.....not perfect, but a FAR better choice in 2000. And I really liked her. As a parent, I thought her initiatives against strong language on videos was good and pretty balanced. As for the ad nauseam comments about "inventing the internet", I thought that old saw was corrected by Snopes years and years ago. Apparently not everyone go the message. I guess if we'd had the internet when Eisenhower was around, we'd have make fun of him for inventing highways.

triumph7
triumph7 Reader
6/2/10 7:40 a.m.

Don't forget, he just spent $9M on a mansion that's about 15 ft from the ocean... the same ocean that will consume it when global warming causes the sea to rise.

racerdave600
racerdave600 Reader
6/2/10 7:50 a.m.

And didn't he say that divorce cause global warming a year or so ago? He's the definition of a hypocrite in so many ways.

6/2/10 7:56 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: Nobody berkelys with Dee Snider.

Hahahaha.

Type Q
Type Q HalfDork
6/2/10 9:48 a.m.

Does anyone have anything kind or sympathetic to say? Or is this going to be a day long smug fest?

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
6/2/10 10:13 a.m.

Ya know, I hate that they are getting divorced. Divorce sucks donkey balls. So for that I am sympathetic.

Al Gore has done so many things to set himself up as a clown and has again and again proven himself to be a 'do as I say, not as I do' eco-hypocrite that I am surprised it's been as mild as it has.

Duke
Duke SuperDork
6/2/10 11:27 a.m.
aeronca65t wrote: A pity. I thought he was OK.....not perfect, but a FAR better choice in 2000. And I really liked her. As a parent, I thought her initiatives against strong language on videos was good and pretty balanced.

I believe you're the first person I've ever seen who thought that Tipper Gore was anything other than a sanctimonious idiot.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA HalfDork
6/2/10 11:49 a.m.
1988RedT2 wrote: What's amazing is that Al Gore invented the internet!

Actually he did as much as anyone. Both he and his wife have no ability to relate to anyone else but themselves. It's amazing he got as far as he did without that ability. I'm thinking this separation will prove to be short-lived. Tipper wants her old man to be a little more available and slow down the schedule. It's not like they don't have enough money. Besides, they just bought a house in Montecito. No one is going anywhere.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bOcyKsqu5nJ0nVnkAs6jDEBlCzmhgDVDx5pc4hBi8MwncACkbRKTSBFAc2K22jL7