1 2
novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
3/3/16 12:30 p.m.

while this is cool and all, there really is nothing new or groudbreaking going on here other than it involving one half of a set of identical twins. there have been people that have been in orbit longer than a year.

but i guess any PR is good PR for NASA these days.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
3/3/16 12:41 p.m.

Very cool that a guy could live in that thing for a year; the human body is a very interesting machine. I could never do it... I'd go insane!

I also can't fathom the thought of what it would be like to marinate oneself in space farts for 365 days straight.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
3/3/16 1:07 p.m.

I would assume NASA takes measures to make sure the food provided minimizes the potential for gas. That said, during the show I heard Kelly say something about craving corn beef and cabbage, which wouldn't be a good thing in a confined space.

ncjay
ncjay Dork
3/3/16 7:17 p.m.

I couldn't begin to imagine the feeling a person gets during their first space walk. Some of the images from the show were breathtaking. If I were going up, I'd be spending some time eating NASA's food just to find anything that potentially didn't agree with me. Guessing the actual astronauts do the same thing. Cabbage and bean burritos are probably on the NASA NO FLY list, among other things.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
3/4/16 10:33 a.m.

I wonder if they let you rub one out in space.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
3/4/16 11:12 a.m.

The traditional pre-launch meal of steak and eggs is, in large part, because it is "low residue". Ie, less plastic bag pooping for the early guys. And Apollo didn't have it too bad, Gemini would have been a lot worse.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qlJesFVRP7uGe4BOHP9dICSGF8X1JDqciZSWJviLfU0TZztQFJLpPZ0vMBm7LbLX