SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/22/08 12:36 p.m.

If a guy drives 6 hours in a tropical storm to pick up a Miata, 2 additional drivetrains, and who knows how much other crap, is he by definition a Darwin award candidate, or just Challenged??

Did a little cleaning at Mr. Joshua's house last night. Somehow his crap keeps making it's way into my yard. (Although it does seem to be a 2 way street)

Anyway, it wasn't one of my brightest ideas. Thanks for all the help, Josh, Jenna, Charlie, and Tucker. That soaking we all took was probably a little above and beyond the call.

Then again...it IS the Challenge!

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
8/22/08 12:37 p.m.

Woops. I better send some $ Josh's way.

dyintorace
dyintorace Reader
8/22/08 1:15 p.m.

Add some extra $ for the hired help too.

And Paul, I was thinking of nominating you in the other Darwin thread. You beat me to it.

914Driver
914Driver HalfDork
8/22/08 1:24 p.m.

I drove straight through from Albany, NY to Detroit, Mi. to drag a Corvair wagon home on a dolly through the nasty "lake effect snows" in October.

Believe me, this stuff doesn't qualify you as crazy....

and where are the pictures?

Woodyhfd
Woodyhfd HalfDork
8/22/08 9:40 p.m.

I sold a Locost chassis on e-Bay a few years ago and I was a little ticked off when the winning bidder initially contacted me, as I had clearly stated that I would not ship it. No problem: He and his son drove to my house in Connecticut and picked it up.

From Iowa.

Then he drove home. Straight through.

porksboy
porksboy HalfDork
8/22/08 9:51 p.m.

I rode from Savannah Ga. to north of Atlanta in the outer edges of a hurricane that was producing tornados all thru southeast GA. On a Kawasaki EX500. Of course this was the early 90’s I was a lot younger and probably still inebriated from the partying.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
8/22/08 11:16 p.m.

You are very welcome for the help Paul. I think being "Challenged" is either contagious or just a prerequisite for being a challenge competitor. In just the easy to remember challenge madness, the Jenna/Josh combo has a 38 hour non stop round trip to Connecticut and back to pick up an RX7, Charlie has a 12hour all nighter to pick up a devil Mustang with a tendency to mock tow dollies by using ALL lanes of the interstate, and Tucker holds the record for the most road trips to pick up challenge cars while being reimbursed for mileage by his employer. I dont know whether you influence me or I influence you, but no matter what its quite fun.

BTW, you guys have a big responsibility, selling those parts siginifies the end of the 600hp N600. Ah well, your builds are more likely to get finished than that one anyway. Build hard!

Jman-got the chk, enjoy the build!

MitchellC
MitchellC Reader
8/22/08 11:36 p.m.

Josh, I'm going to be helping out next week, whether you want me to or not.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
8/22/08 11:48 p.m.

I think Charlie is the most challenged challenger of all at the moment. Drag his butt over here and get that beast challenge worthy, and I will supply the food and not prosecute the theft of adult beverages.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
8/23/08 1:49 a.m.

Berkeley the raaaaaaaain!

Whatdaya wanna do tomorrow?

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/23/08 8:13 a.m.

I've covered over 12,000 miles hauling other people's Challengers...

...for free.

This was, however, the first time in a tropical storm.

dyintorace
dyintorace Reader
8/23/08 8:18 a.m.
MrJoshua wrote: ...and Tucker holds the record for the most road trips to pick up challenge cars while being reimbursed for mileage by his employer.

Which shall be repeated again this Tuesday.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/24/08 2:04 p.m.

Unless your employer reads this site.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xEaACfVac8Jz9bCm8cJH7TgIbfsIIJyWl7BXV6R2BiAoeVt9ysrADq1IAOSIJqWB