jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
6/2/10 6:09 a.m.

There is something I wanted to share. I first noticed it around the 70 page era and said to myself, if this thing lasts until 100 pages I will bring it up then.
Well here we are, page 100.

It seems that we lost the original poster, JeffHarbert.

If you look in the title directory you can see that this thread was started by JeffHarbert but when you click on page 1 the current first comment is from Mr Joshua. Seems that JeffHarbert has deleted all of his comments in this thread. Have we lost you forever JeffHarbert?
It seems from his profile that he has posted nothing for over a month.

SillyImportRacer
SillyImportRacer Reader
6/2/10 6:18 a.m.

In reply to jrw1621:

I hadn't notice he was absent. But the answer to his question seems to be "no".

HappyJack
HappyJack New Reader
6/2/10 8:22 a.m.

I googled JeffHarbert, and found jeffharbert.com. From there it is linked to his blog. So in honour of him I hotlinked this picture from his blog.

Kia_racer
Kia_racer HalfDork
6/2/10 8:25 a.m.

I think I saw him post something about being sorry for starting this thread in another thread and havent heard from him since.

HappyJack
HappyJack New Reader
6/2/10 9:05 a.m.
HappyJack wrote: I googled JeffHarbert, and found jeffharbert.com. From there it is linked to his blog. So in honour of him I hotlinked this picture from his blog.

Doh! I was blocked!!

cghstang
cghstang Reader
6/2/10 9:11 a.m.

In reply to HappyJack:

Save it to your hard drive, then host it on your photobucket account and link to it there! That is the ethically just way to do things you know.

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
6/2/10 9:20 a.m.
HappyJack wrote: I googled JeffHarbert, and found jeffharbert.com. From there it is linked to his blog. So in honour of him I hotlinked this picture from his blog.

Seems that he can be followed on twitter...

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
6/2/10 9:23 a.m.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
6/2/10 9:39 a.m.
jrw1621 wrote: There is something I wanted to share. I first noticed it around the 70 page era and said to myself, if this thing lasts until 100 pages I will bring it up then. Well here we are, page 100. It seems that we lost the original poster, JeffHarbert. If you look in the title directory you can see that this thread was started by JeffHarbert but when you click on page 1 the current first comment is from Mr Joshua. Seems that JeffHarbert has deleted all of his comments in this thread. Have we lost you forever JeffHarbert? It seems from his profile that he has posted nothing for over a month.

Dude, that's a little stalker-ish.

He said he was going to come by and say "Hi" at the Mitty, but I don't think we got to meet. Seemed like a nice enough guy, and I applaud him for having an opinion. I hope he comes back.

Gimp
Gimp Dork
6/2/10 9:42 a.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: ONE HUNDRED! ONE HUNDRED! Because I'm a fan. Otherwise, it'd be a canoe, since I still work for "a major provider of cable television programming, based in Atlanta, GA.". Trust me, I'll still be a fan of the show, even after I'm laid off this fall.

I've never loved you more. Can I come hang out?

slefain
slefain Dork
6/2/10 9:53 a.m.

slefain
slefain Dork
6/2/10 9:54 a.m.

ansonivan
ansonivan Reader
6/2/10 10:01 a.m.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Reader
6/2/10 10:03 a.m.

I can see how this thread would really fly in the face of the OP given the original intent. BUT, it is so absolutely spot-on for the sense of humor around here to go this direction. I sincerely hope the OP didn't take it too personally.

Now, if I only had a pic to hotlink...

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
6/2/10 10:09 a.m.
ansonivan wrote:

I had the most haggard, abused, and thoroughly read copy of that book...

Where's Goldbug? Catch Dingo, Officer Flossy! Pa Pig got a sunburn.

Thanks for the flashback.

Opus
Opus Dork
6/2/10 11:34 a.m.

from the website of JeffHarbert Hotlink successful (at least for the moment)

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
6/2/10 11:58 a.m.
slefain wrote:

What is that thing?

Gimp
Gimp Dork
6/2/10 12:16 p.m.

X 101.

(he's actually a "Bullmatian", but damn he's cute).

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
6/2/10 12:49 p.m.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant HalfDork
6/2/10 1:20 p.m.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
6/2/10 1:27 p.m.

Hasbro
Hasbro HalfDork
6/2/10 2:13 p.m.

101 (number) From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to:navigation, search

101 (one hundred [and] one) is the natural number following 100 and preceding 102. It is variously pronounced "one hundred and one" / "a hundred and one", "one hundred one" / "a hundred one", and "one oh one". ← 100 102 → 101

← 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 →

List of numbers — Integers

← 100 110 120 130 140 150 160 170 180 190 → Cardinal one hundred [and] one Ordinal 101st (one hundred [and] first) Numeral system 101 Factorization prime Prime 26th Divisors 1, 101 Roman numeral CI Binary 11001012 Octal 1458 Duodecimal 8512 Hexadecimal 6516 Search Wiktionary Look up one hundred and one or one hundred one in Wiktionary, the free dictionary. Contents [hide]

* 1 In mathematics
* 2 In science
* 3 In books
* 4 Other uses
* 5 References

[edit] In mathematics

101 is the 26th prime number and a palindromic number (and so a palindromic prime). The next prime is 103, with which it makes a twin prime pair, making 101 a Chen prime. Because the period length of its reciprocal is unique among primes, 101 is a unique prime. 101 is an Eisenstein prime with no imaginary part and real part of the form 3n − 1.

101 is the sum of five consecutive primes (13 + 17 + 19 + 23 + 29). Given 101, the Mertens function returns 0. 101 is the fifth alternating factorial.

101 is a centered decagonal number.

For a 3-digit number in base 10, this number has a relatively simple divisibility test. The candidate number is split into groups of four, starting with the rightmost four, and added up to produce a 4-digit number. If this 4-digit number is of the form 1000a + 100b + 10a + b (where a and b are integers from 0 to 9), such as 3232 or 9797, or of the form 100b + b, such as 707 and 808, then the number is divisible by 101. This might not be as simple as the divisibility tests for numbers like 3 or 5, and it might not be terribly practical, but it is simpler than the divisibility tests for other 3-digit numbers.

On the seven-segment display of a calculator, 101 is both a strobogrammatic prime and a dihedral prime. [edit] In science

* In mineralogy, a Miller index of 101 is a crystal face that crosses the horizontal axis (a) and 3d vertical axis (c) but does not cross the 2d vertical axis (b).
* In physics and chemistry, the atomic number of mendelevium, an actinide.

[edit] In books

According to Books in Print, more books are now published with a title that begins with '101' than '100'. They usually describe or discuss a list of items, such as 101 Ways to... or 101 Questions and Answers About... . This marketing tool is used to imply that the customer is given a little extra information beyond books that include only 100 items. Some books have taken this marketing scheme even further with titles that begin with '102', '103', or '1001'. The number is used in this context as a slang term when referring to "a 101 document" what is usually referred to as a statistical survey or overview of some topic.

Room 101 is a torture chamber in the novel Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell. [edit] Other uses

* 101 Ranch Oil Company
* 101st kilometre, a condition of release from the Gulag in the Soviet Union.
* Roi Et Province, a province in Thailand. The name is literally 101 in Thai language.
* An HTTP status code indicating that a client should switch protocols (e.g. to HTTPS).
* The first course in a subject taught at a college or university in Australia, Canada, South Africa, or the United States.[1] By extension, "Topic 101" is used generally to indicate the basics of any subject. The expression is also used in this non-academic sense in the UK.[citation needed] Used this way, it is always pronounced "one-oh-one".[2][3]
* For a new checking account in the US, the number of the first check.
* A term used to define the number of keys on a computer keyboard[4]
* An emergency telephone number in Argentina, Belarus, Belgium, India, and Israel.[citation needed]
* The Single Non-Emergency Number (SNEN), a telephone number used in some parts of the United Kingdom for telephone calls to services that are urgent but not emergencies.[5]

[edit] References

* Wells, D. The Penguin Dictionary of Curious and Interesting Numbers London: Penguin Group. (1987): page 133. ISBN 978-0140080292
  1. ^ Engber, Daniel (6 September 6, 2006), ""101 101: How did intro classes get their trademark number?", Slate, http://www.slate.com/id/2149082/
  2. ^ 101, Dictionary.com, http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=101
  3. ^ At universities with four-digit course numbers, the equivalent course number is 1001 or 1010. This use is unheard of in the United Kingdom.[citation needed]
  4. ^ 101-Key "Enhanced" Keyboard Layout, PC Guide, http://www.pcguide.com/ref/kb/layout/stdEnh101-c.html, retrieved 2009-05-04
  5. ^ Welcome to 101, Home Office, http://www.101.gov.uk, retrieved 2009-04-05

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/101_(number)" Categories: Integers

turboswede
turboswede SuperDork
6/2/10 2:21 p.m.

http://thechive.com/2010/06/02/captions-making-funny-photos-hilarious-29-photos/

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
6/2/10 2:23 p.m.
Gimp wrote:
friedgreencorrado wrote: ONE HUNDRED! ONE HUNDRED! Because I'm a fan. Otherwise, it'd be a canoe, since I still work for "a major provider of cable television programming, based in Atlanta, GA.". Trust me, I'll still be a fan of the show, even after I'm laid off this fall.
I've never loved you more. Can I come hang out?

Sure! Just bring food..I'm sure we'll be needing it by then.

oldsaw
oldsaw Dork
6/2/10 2:27 p.m.
Gimp wrote: X 101. (he's actually a "Bullmatian", but damn he's cute).

That's a cutie, for sure!

But a random guess on the number of spots suggests the pic should be on a later page.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lsgfKScKKAgtj35dGM3kAupOoDkLB9beLnhXK89oaSb9U0NUKUHyDYMQD9aE4t4G