friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
6/19/10 9:47 p.m.

1-2-3 for DOS, from the *other" Lotus. The app that drove PC sales above Apples?

SkinnyG
SkinnyG Reader
6/19/10 10:00 p.m.

Henry J gasser.

Want want want want.

JoeyM
JoeyM HalfDork
6/19/10 10:20 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: Holy cow! Is than an old Henry J gasser? Hooo, boy! If I was a drag racer, I'd be all over that! Please tell me the pix were from Hershey or something, so I can dream that sombody's gonna restore it..

Don't bet on a restoration happening. I found the pictures in a HAMB thread showing rides from the "Scrap Drive" carshow held by the Tin Butchers car club. Here's the thread.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=483583

These are unrelated, but they make me smile.

pete240z
pete240z Dork
6/19/10 10:35 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: Boring cover, great album.

I saw Brian Johnson tonight on Top Gear. He almost set the lap record and was in the top four (five ???)

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
6/19/10 10:47 p.m.

I met Brian Johnson at the Mitty. He is a hell of a guy!

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Reader
6/19/10 11:06 p.m.
Jensenman wrote: Hanoi Jane can kiss my ass. But yeah she was easy on the eyes. Album covers: I wore this one out, along with everything else PF did back in the day. I aways though this was a staged or retouched photo; turns out it was a real snap. The pig broke loose and went sailing, commercial aircraft were delayed for some time until the pig could be recovered. The story goes that David Gilmore chased the thing with a Cessna. And there's a Jane's Addiction in the Trooper's CD changer as we speak.

That's my favorite Floyd album. You need to read Nick Mason's book Inside Out. He tells the story of the shoot for the Animals cover. Storm Thorgerson's book Taken by Storm covers it pretty well too. Thorgerson and Aubrey Powell were the Hipgnosis graphic art firm that created them. There's a good book on their work called For the Love of Vinyl. Hotlinked appropriately.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
6/19/10 11:19 p.m.

Coolest album cover:

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
6/19/10 11:28 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
friedgreencorrado wrote: Holy cow! Is than an old Henry J gasser? Hooo, boy! If I was a drag racer, I'd be all over that! Please tell me the pix were from Hershey or something, so I can dream that sombody's gonna restore it..
Don't bet on a restoration happening. I found the pictures in a HAMB thread showing rides from the "Scrap Drive" carshow held by the Tin Butchers car club. Here's the thread. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=483583

Eeeh. I'm hoping that "Scrap Drive" name was just a joke..but it looks like it, after seeing the pix.

Unrelated as well...women with 80s hair.

Meg before she was stupid enough to do cosmetic surgery:

Clare Grogan:

Don't know why the photographer took the light that disguised her scar. Some of us actually dig "chicks with scars"

And another quarter into the GRM Jukebox...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnqqN8paO8s

Clare when she was still in "Altered Images", 1983.

David Adams
David Adams Reader
6/19/10 11:55 p.m.

Totally looks like

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
6/20/10 2:04 a.m.

Meatloaf and Bobcat?

OK.. I can see that.

"I will do anything for love, but I won't do... AAAAaaarrrggghhh!"

Wally
Wally SuperDork
6/20/10 5:54 a.m.

Sam Kinison This is Bobcat

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
6/20/10 5:59 a.m.

Oops.. My bad. I get them mixed up all the time.

A large part of their acts consists of hollering.

AAAaarrrggghh!

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
6/20/10 6:57 a.m.

Best take on the Christmas ghost story, evah. Quite possibly the funniest TV show from the 80s as well, until it got horribly dumbed down after Steve's character left.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
6/20/10 7:47 a.m.

I heard a story about Sam Kinnison dying in a car crash. He actually walked away from it but began arguing with an unseen somebody three feet taller than him. After 20 seconds he conceded saying "OK, OK" then fell to the ground dead.

Hocrest
Hocrest Reader
6/20/10 8:06 a.m.
914Driver wrote: I heard a story about Sam Kinnison dying in a car crash. He actually walked away from it but began arguing with an unseen somebody three feet taller than him. After 20 seconds he conceded saying "OK, OK" then fell to the ground dead.

Not sure about the second part, but he did die in a crash.

Ironically it was after he stopped drinking and he was hit by a drunk driver...

zomby woof
zomby woof HalfDork
6/20/10 8:13 a.m.
ddavidv wrote: Quite possibly the funniest TV show from the 80s as well, until it got horribly dumbed down after Steve's character left.

I must have said that 100 times.

My wife and I taped the first few years because it was so good, we thought it would get cancelled, and be gone forever.

David Adams
David Adams Reader
6/20/10 2:17 p.m.

zomby woof
zomby woof HalfDork
6/20/10 2:37 p.m.

More like

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
6/20/10 7:24 p.m.

Al Bundy is my hero.

bigwrench
bigwrench Reader
6/20/10 7:24 p.m.
81gtv6 wrote: One of my favorites. Can been seen at the Airforce museum at Wright Pat.

Not the original pic on this plane. Back in the 60's it was keep outside and had a more sexy pic. They redid it to put it in the display.

oldsaw
oldsaw Dork
6/20/10 9:22 p.m.

In reply to bigwrench:

How dare you make this claim without a pic for evidence.

This is a photo of the plane outside:

Can't see the difference, though.

zomby woof
zomby woof HalfDork
6/20/10 9:47 p.m.

I remember this episode

I don't remember this one

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
6/21/10 9:33 a.m.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork