Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
2/23/12 7:14 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote:

this made me laugh! Thanks!

Grizz
Grizz Dork
2/23/12 8:26 p.m.

I want these, and I don't even know why.

Sultan
Sultan Reader
2/23/12 8:37 p.m.
Grizz wrote: I want these, and I don't even know why.

Be careful your man card might get pulled.....

Wally
Wally SuperDork
2/23/12 8:39 p.m.

Wally
Wally SuperDork
2/23/12 8:45 p.m.

Wally
Wally SuperDork
2/23/12 8:58 p.m.

FlightService
FlightService SuperDork
2/23/12 10:07 p.m.
Grtechguy wrote:
DukeOfUndersteer wrote:
this made me laugh! Thanks!

why do you have a tweel?

EvanB
EvanB SuperDork
2/23/12 10:52 p.m.

Appropriate bumper sticker on a Kia

SpyOne
SpyOne New Reader
2/24/12 2:33 a.m.
914Driver wrote: The Postal Services created a stamp with a picture of President Obama on it. The Postal Service noticed that the stamp was not sticking to envelopes. This enraged the President, who demanded a full investigation. After a month of testing and $1.73 million in congressional spending, a special Presidential commission presented the following findings: 1.The stamp is in perfect order. 2. There is nothing wrong with the glue. 3. People are spitting on the wrong side

1) this was intended as a joke, and I get it. Nevertheless;

2) modern stamps use an adhesive that doesn't need wetting to work, so you don't spit on stamps anymore.

3) the postal service has rule about how many years someone must have been dead before they can appear on a stamp, so nobody is going to have any objections to a stamp with their picture on it, since dead people can't object.

Points 2 and 3 interfere with the funny. It might also be funnier if the subject were a President with a lower approval rating, so more people dislike him.

Hotlinky:

mtn
mtn SuperDork
2/24/12 2:42 a.m.
SpyOne wrote:
914Driver wrote: The Postal Services created a stamp with a picture of President Obama on it. The Postal Service noticed that the stamp was not sticking to envelopes. This enraged the President, who demanded a full investigation. After a month of testing and $1.73 million in congressional spending, a special Presidential commission presented the following findings: 1.The stamp is in perfect order. 2. There is nothing wrong with the glue. 3. People are spitting on the wrong side
1) this was intended as a joke, and I get it. Nevertheless; 2) modern stamps use an adhesive that doesn't need wetting to work, so you don't spit on stamps anymore. 3) the postal service has rule about how many years someone must have been dead before they can appear on a stamp, so nobody is going to have any objections to a stamp with their picture on it, since dead people can't object. Points 2 and 3 interfere with the funny. It might also be funnier if the subject were a President with a lower approval rating, so more people dislike him.

Whoa, I realize that you put the qualifier (1) up there, but take a chill pill dude. You're probably about the only one who thought of 2 and 3. And it is funniest with Obama because he is the current president.

Hotlink of stamps that I just bought:

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
2/24/12 7:17 a.m.

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox SuperDork
2/24/12 8:02 a.m.

mtn wrote:
SpyOne wrote:
1) this was intended as a joke, and I get it. Nevertheless; 2) modern stamps use an adhesive that doesn't need wetting to work, so you don't spit on stamps anymore. 3) the postal service has rule about how many years someone must have been dead before they can appear on a stamp, so nobody is going to have any objections to a stamp with their picture on it, since dead people can't object. Points 2 and 3 interfere with the funny. It might also be funnier if the subject were a President with a lower approval rating, so more people dislike him.
Whoa, I realize that you put the qualifier (1) up there, but take a chill pill dude. You're probably about the only one who thought of 2 and 3. And it is funniest with Obama because he is the current president. Hotlink of stamps that I just bought:
914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
2/24/12 8:20 a.m.

RossD
RossD SuperDork
2/24/12 8:33 a.m.
914Driver wrote:

"Luke, your parents are nerds!"

"NOOOOOOooooooo!"

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
2/24/12 10:12 a.m.

Bigass car, what is it?

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
2/24/12 10:13 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
2/24/12 10:14 a.m.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan Dork
914Driver wrote: Bigass car, what is it?

Bugatti Type 41 Royale.

http://www.bugatti.com/en/tradition/bugatti-models/t41-royale.html

BBsGarage
BBsGarage HalfDork
914Driver wrote: Bigass car, what is it?

Is that an elephant hood ornament???

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
2/24/12 10:15 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
2/24/12 10:17 a.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LpjczSp0vlvRQ4dTvth8Js1ugkcJ2yRnmUtx985TwhMeIx31z1zZwnWQWH0EdZXN