wbjones
wbjones Dork
7/13/10 1:29 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote:

does this approach the ultimate fail..????

cwh
cwh SuperDork
7/13/10 1:45 p.m.

Ultimate fail in 3....2....1...

Looking at that fuchia Pinto doing the wheely- Check out those headers. That is a 180* setup, right?

cghstang
cghstang Reader
7/13/10 1:46 p.m.

Next page please...

Gimp
Gimp Dork
7/13/10 1:47 p.m.

cghstang
cghstang Reader
7/13/10 1:48 p.m.

Please...

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
7/13/10 1:56 p.m.

Keith
Keith SuperDork
7/13/10 2:43 p.m.

ansonivan
ansonivan HalfDork
7/13/10 2:50 p.m.

Powar
Powar Dork
7/13/10 3:30 p.m.

Because I've been listening to this album again lately:

slantvaliant
slantvaliant HalfDork
7/13/10 4:06 p.m.

HappyJack
HappyJack Reader
7/13/10 4:18 p.m.

zomby woof
zomby woof Dork
7/13/10 4:37 p.m.
aircooled wrote:

I work on blowers like that in an industrial application. I always wondered what one would look like on a big block.

Now I know. Thanks.

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
7/13/10 5:10 p.m.
zomby woof wrote: I work on blowers like that in an industrial application. I always wondered what one would look like on a big block. Now I know. Thanks.

Do you have any info on how much HP it takes to turn one like that? I suspect it has to be at least a couple hundred.

Keith
Keith SuperDork
7/13/10 5:48 p.m.
slantvaliant wrote:

We did some work on an Elise in our shop. Needless to say, this picture was very much on our minds.

wbjones
wbjones Dork
7/13/10 6:08 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote:

damn ... wish I was that cool....

JoeyM
JoeyM HalfDork
7/13/10 6:09 p.m.
Keith wrote:

zomby woof
zomby woof Dork
7/13/10 6:16 p.m.
aircooled wrote: Do you have any info on how much HP it takes to turn one like that? I suspect it has to be at least a couple hundred.

Not for that application I don't, but it's way under driven, so I'd say probably not much.

Nonetheless...

rebelgtp
rebelgtp Dork
7/13/10 6:28 p.m.

My girlfriends step dad had a big blower about a third the size of the ones in that pic but still bigger than a larger automotive one sitting in his shop for months. He was trying to sell it on Ebay and had no takers. I was thinking about trying to figure out how to mount the sucker up in my Olds. Un/fortunately he just managed to sell it.

JoeyM
JoeyM HalfDork
7/13/10 6:32 p.m.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
7/13/10 7:25 p.m.

There's a Mrs. Stig?

pete240z
pete240z Dork
7/13/10 8:00 p.m.

Hey Brooke, how you doing?

(just be sure to have your mom stay at home)

TJ
TJ Dork
7/13/10 8:26 p.m.

TJ
TJ Dork
7/13/10 8:28 p.m.

TJ
TJ Dork
7/13/10 8:28 p.m.

JoeyM
JoeyM HalfDork
7/13/10 8:34 p.m.

http://rodcustom.automotive.com/69119/0610rc-1923-ford-roadster-coupe/index.html

1923 Ford Roadster Coupe - Low & Narrow, Far & Wide This Handbuilt T Gets Around 0diggsdigg Text Size Ask people what makes a "real hot rod," and you'll find out that everybody's got a different idea. But let's agree on one thing: Dave Eltzholtz's homebuilt, mucho-driven, bare-metal '23 T is a no-doubt-about-it hot rod. Dave got interested in rods as soon as he was old enough to draw them. His lifelong assortment of iron has been diverse, but consistently cool: '34 sedan, Model A rpu, '63 Corvette, '54 F-100, "Cal-Look" '64 Beetle, Austin Healy 100/4, and this most recent ride. "I remembered seeing pictures in old sports car magazines of Italian workers pounding out car bodies in dimly lit garages with simple tools," Dave says. "I wondered what that would feel like because it looked like satisfying fun." Now he knows. He started building the T about six years ago on the floor of his garage, dividing up his work area with chalk lines and building each piece separately. By the beginning of 2002, all those separate components came together as a one-of-a-kind running roadster. "I was surprised that I had something that had to be inspected, registered, and insured!" Dave wasted no time getting the homebuilt hair dryer on the road. The 100-mile Ranch Run in January '02 provided the shakedown drive that has never ended. The road test continued later that year with an extensive loop through California. A year later, Dave made a run to Pike's Peak, covering almost 3,000 miles in five days. In 2004, with the custom-built roof in place, he was off on another five-day blast, hitting Bonneville, western Canada, Yellowstone, and the Tetons along the way. In between the big trips, he makes local events all over Southern California. We've spotted the roadster/coupe at subsequent Ranch Runs, the Antique Nationals, the Primer Nats, and the Twilight Cruise Night at the Wally Parks Museum. It was also an Asphalt Ego-Rama semi-finalist in 2005. After four years and 33,000 miles, Dave's itching to get the T back on the road. Where to next? "I want to collect mileage going to an event in Maine or the far Northeast and run my tires in the Atlantic Ocean!" Look around, East Coast rodders, there may be a bare-metal T coming your way.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XcuRuGL2wg9unliHW5JDcnc5DvblSU65diS1IRTY4jcOHPux3zzS7wB7ygbRroFW