pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
8/11/10 1:09 p.m.

Does anyone know where I can get an adaptor plate to mount a GM Hydromatic to this?

Wayslow
Wayslow Reader
8/11/10 1:15 p.m.
fastEddie wrote:
jhaas wrote: AMERICA, berkeley YEAH!!!
+1

You do know that the Cobra was a British car don't you? Albeit with an American engine. The hotlink below is another example of an American chassis and British engine. You guys really ought to get together more often.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
8/11/10 1:36 p.m.

206!

zomby woof
zomby woof Dork
8/11/10 1:46 p.m.
Wayslow wrote: You do know that the Cobra was a British car don't you? All be it with an American engine.

You do realize albeit is one word, don't you?

Wayslow
Wayslow Reader
8/11/10 1:49 p.m.
zomby woof wrote:
Wayslow wrote: You do know that the Cobra was a British car don't you? All be it with an American engine.
You do realize albeit is one word, don't you?

Doh

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
8/11/10 2:00 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: The F-4 Phantom is proof that with enough thrust, a brick will fly.

I heart China Lake. (Site of that experiment, among many others regarding survivability.) Rocket sleds are cool.)

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
8/11/10 2:04 p.m.

I <3 rocket sleds

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
8/11/10 2:08 p.m.

I also <3 JATO + flying barge

monark192
monark192 New Reader
8/11/10 3:23 p.m.

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
8/11/10 3:33 p.m.

For when you f104 isn't fast enough for you... you add a freakin' rocket to it!!!!

(I believe that is what Yeager crashed, as shown in The Right Stuff)

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
8/11/10 3:43 p.m.
monark192 wrote:

I want some 911 pants for the SWMBO

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
8/11/10 3:50 p.m.
neon4891 wrote:
monark192 wrote:
I want some 911 pants for the SWMBO

Umm, that's a Peugot logo. This is a Porsche logo:

racerfink
racerfink Reader
8/11/10 4:06 p.m.

So Fine Jeans?

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
8/11/10 6:50 p.m.

Mikey52_1
Mikey52_1 Reader
8/11/10 7:43 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Does anyone know where I can get an adaptor plate to mount a GM Hydromatic to this?

You're gonna have trouble fitting it in the car, hoss...Just so you know. But I'm almost certain I saw that VERY adapter plate in the Transdapt website.

nervousdog
nervousdog Reader
8/11/10 8:07 p.m.

Took this last week when I was at the dealership but haven't had time to post until now.

Mikey52_1
Mikey52_1 Reader
8/11/10 8:17 p.m.
nervousdog wrote: Took this last week when I was at the dealership but haven't had time to post until now.

OOOOH mama! Kin I have it, Ma? PleasepleasepleasePuhleeeze? I promise I'll feed it and take it for walks and clean up after it....I WANT IT, MA!!!

nervousdog
nervousdog Reader
8/11/10 8:55 p.m.
Mikey52_1 wrote:
nervousdog wrote: Took this last week when I was at the dealership but haven't had time to post until now.
OOOOH mama! Kin I have it, Ma? PleasepleasepleasePuhleeeze? I promise I'll feed it and take it for walks and clean up after it....I WANT IT, MA!!!

I didn't get to sit in it because it was sold before it arrived at the dealer. I can't imagine paying $189K for something without at least seeing it in person.

fastEddie
fastEddie Dork
8/11/10 9:30 p.m.
Wayslow wrote:
fastEddie wrote:
jhaas wrote: AMERICA, berkeley YEAH!!!
+1
You do know that the Cobra was a British car don't you? Albeit with an American engine.

Bah! It's an all American idea, executed by an American, with an American chassis and drivetrain - close enough for me!

fastEddie
fastEddie Dork
8/11/10 9:42 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: The F-4 Phantom is proof that with enough thrust, a brick will fly.

One of the reasons I like it!

OK, I'm done.

JoeyM
JoeyM Dork
8/11/10 9:47 p.m.

an f-4 with canards?

fastEddie
fastEddie Dork
8/11/10 10:19 p.m.

Just one unfortunately. http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=2279

A couple of other F-4 derivatives were canned because they competed with or exceeded other "newer" planes like the SR-71, F-15 and F-18.

Wikipedia said: F-4X Proposed high-performance reconnaissance version with HIAC-1 LOROP camera for Israel developed under program Peace Jack in conjunction with General Dynamics. Water injection was projected to give the aircraft a top speed in excess of Mach 3 (over 2,000 mph (3,200 km/h) at high altitudes). The water would be contained in a pair of 2,500 US gal (9,600 l) conformal tanks on the sides of the fuselage spine. State Department became worried about developing an aircraft with performance similar to SR-71 Blackbird and offensive capability beyond anything in USAF inventory for a foreign customer and forbade its export. The proposal was then modified to RF-4X with the camera in the nose which removed offensive capability. However, USAF withdrew from the project over concerns that a high-performance Phantom would jeopardize funding for F-15 Eagle. Without USAF financial support, Israel settled for a simpler and less expensive F-4E(S).[9] IAI Super Phantom A separate IAI project was proposed for a PW 1120 powered Phantom,[14] and one prototype constructed.[15] The IAI made F-4 "Super Phantom" or F-4-2000 was demonstrated at the Paris Air Show in 1987. It could exceed Mach 1 without afterburners. McDonnell Douglas scuttled Kurnas 2000 development because it equaled the F/A-18C/D in performance and endangered any future sales of the F/A-18.
oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
8/11/10 10:34 p.m.
nervousdog wrote:
Mikey52_1 wrote:
I didn't get to sit in it because it was sold before it arrived at the dealer. I can't imagine paying $189K for something without at least seeing it in person.

I'll take these (for less money, combined) than an overweight, over-priced, over-hyped teutonic Cadillac wannabe:

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
8/11/10 11:09 p.m.

Unobtanium (like super models) but with less costs and still beautiful when the years pile on.

Luke
Luke SuperDork
8/11/10 11:15 p.m.

From - http://www.passionsupercar.com/page_bis27/ta271.htm

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5j7HHqAY5cfmNIS1fVqtvKQ7WUNzbu0MHCKQwegOgXLoQJeG4K3ellKi5hXWOUes