914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/19/13 8:00 a.m.

http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcommunity/2013/11/man-erects-middle-finger-sculpture-next-to-ex-wifes-home.html

NGTD
NGTD Dork
11/19/13 8:04 a.m.
phaze1todd wrote:

AWD Rally Volare - Todd Harvey? (I stand corrected Scott Harvey) I think it was. Had an Olds Toronado drivetrain in the front. I forget how the power went to the rear.

I believe that pic is at POR in Michigan.

PHeller
PHeller UberDork
11/19/13 8:05 a.m.

Exocar needs more lines like these.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
11/19/13 8:16 a.m.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
11/19/13 8:34 a.m.

phaze1todd
phaze1todd HalfDork
11/19/13 8:38 a.m.
NGTD wrote:
phaze1todd wrote:
AWD Rally Volare - Todd Harvey? I think it was. Had an Olds Toronado drivetrain in the front. I forget how the power went to the rear. I believe that pic is at POR in Michigan.

Came across pic while looking for pics of Dodge Daytona Decepzione.

I searched. I want to know how power got to the rear, too.

Whatever way it was done, looks like the exhaust got in the way. Curse you, "time before build threads"!!

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
11/19/13 8:48 a.m.
914Driver wrote:

I thought I had one where the siding was complete, but I can't find it:

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
11/19/13 8:52 a.m.
Duke wrote:
914Driver wrote:
I thought I had one where the siding was complete, but I can't find it:

I like the night shot better

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
11/19/13 8:52 a.m.
phaze1todd wrote:
NGTD wrote:
phaze1todd wrote:
AWD Rally Volare - Todd Harvey? I think it was. Had an Olds Toronado drivetrain in the front. I forget how the power went to the rear. I believe that pic is at POR in Michigan.
Came across pic while looking for pics of Dodge Daytona Decepzione. I searched. I want to know how power got to the rear, too. Whatever way it was done, looks like the exhaust got in the way. Curse you, "time before build threads"!!

It's Scott Harvey's Aspen from around 1979.

This is the only page I could dig up right now: Scott Harvey's 4WD Aspen

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/19/13 8:55 a.m.
PHeller wrote: Exocar needs more lines like these.

I'm not sure you understand what "Exocar" means.

phaze1todd
phaze1todd HalfDork
11/19/13 9:07 a.m.
Rob_Mopar wrote:
phaze1todd wrote:
NGTD wrote:
phaze1todd wrote:
Thank you very much! Reminds me of my brother's '78 Road Runner. Same color. He was a bodyman at a dealership and it was reposessed after a year with a blown up 318. Swapped it out with a refreshed 340 and hand made dual exhaust. Aside from the Cragar SS's, Six Pack scoop and flat black hood, people often made the mistake in thinking it was just a rebadged Volare. Came across pic while looking for pics of Dodge Daytona Decepzione. I searched. I want to know how power got to the rear, too. Whatever way it was done, looks like the exhaust got in the way. Curse you, "time before build threads"!!
It's Scott Harvey's Aspen from around 1979. This is the only page I could dig up right now: Scott Harvey's 4WD Aspen

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
11/19/13 10:05 a.m.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 Reader
11/19/13 10:17 a.m.
phaze1todd wrote:
Rob_Mopar wrote:
phaze1todd wrote:
NGTD wrote:
phaze1todd wrote:
Thank you very much! Reminds me of my brother's '78 Road Runner. Same color. He was a bodyman at a dealership and it was reposessed after a year with a blown up 318. Swapped it out with a refreshed 340 and hand made dual exhaust. Aside from the Cragar SS's, Six Pack scoop and flat black hood, people often made the mistake in thinking it was just a rebadged Volare. Came across pic while looking for pics of Dodge Daytona Decepzione. I searched. I want to know how power got to the rear, too. Whatever way it was done, looks like the exhaust got in the way. Curse you, "time before build threads"!!
It's Scott Harvey's Aspen from around 1979. This is the only page I could dig up right now: Scott Harvey's 4WD Aspen

How did he get a 4x4 Chrysler/Dodge transfer case to work with this and split power to the rear axle?

• Lee
DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
11/19/13 10:29 a.m.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
11/19/13 10:45 a.m.

More directly, why didn't he just start with a Mopar 4x4 pickup truck drivetrain?

turboswede
turboswede UltimaDork
11/19/13 10:52 a.m.

+1

Also to add to the obligatory mention of the Big Dodge above, I'll add:

That is all.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/19/13 11:02 a.m.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/19/13 11:03 a.m.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/19/13 11:09 a.m.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/19/13 11:09 a.m.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/19/13 11:16 a.m.

RossD
RossD PowerDork
11/19/13 1:16 p.m.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
11/19/13 1:45 p.m.
bigdaddylee82 wrote:
phaze1todd wrote:
Rob_Mopar wrote:
phaze1todd wrote:
NGTD wrote:
phaze1todd wrote:
How did he get a 4x4 Chrysler/Dodge transfer case to work with this and split power to the rear axle? - Lee

This is what he's racing these days. I used to compete with/against him when I lived in Michigan. Good guy, a little rough around the edges...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ymNsVECbt2wpEavF02aXYwMyASbW20VqJuU1rZIK1HKkUCztxoP2KYLUZA9zwswK