jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
8/31/10 6:50 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:

This picture reminded me of:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ambiguously_Gay_Duo

Did you know that Ace and Gary were voiced by Stephen Colbert and Steve Carell?

failboat
failboat New Reader
8/31/10 6:50 p.m.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
8/31/10 7:25 p.m.

A LeMans Spitfire. Cool.

81gtv6 wrote:
wbjones
wbjones Dork
8/31/10 7:38 p.m.
failboat wrote:

VIR ... right ? I was just there this past week..

wbjones
wbjones Dork
8/31/10 7:43 p.m.
Jeff wrote:
erasmus229 wrote: mia hamm sandwich?
That's the Brandi above to go with the Hamm below.

this is the pic that comes up for Brandi

and this for Mia... are they the same woman ? .. I remember Brandi doing the jersey strip .. don't ever remember Mia doing it...

zomby woof
zomby woof Dork
8/31/10 7:55 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: Not sure what it is, but I would like to take it for a spin. Some where in NZ.

Looks like a dirt car built by committee

zomby woof
zomby woof Dork
8/31/10 7:58 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
8/31/10 8:00 p.m.

Boeing's connection with Airbus.

barnca
barnca Reader
8/31/10 8:12 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Boeing's connection with Airbus.

super guppy

Woody
Woody SuperDork
8/31/10 8:19 p.m.

SeeWorld

Appleseed wrote: Boeing's connection with Airbus.
carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
8/31/10 9:43 p.m.

The new official vehicle for watching Nascar

Would you call this AWD?

Definitely not Thailand

Moths

erasmus229
erasmus229 New Reader
8/31/10 10:03 p.m.

Roger Clark Motorsports "the gobstopper" check it out! very tidy piece of kit

Jeff
Jeff Dork
8/31/10 10:24 p.m.
wbjones wrote:
Jeff wrote:
this is the pic that comes up for Brandi and this for Mia... are they the same woman ? .. I remember Brandi doing the jersey strip .. don't ever remember Mia doing it...

Check out the number on the shorts, both 6. Yes, those are both Brandi. Mia wore number 9. I think she was the only one to pull off the jersey, but I'm not sure. I remember the firestorm too.

Remember the E36 M3 storm over these pictures?

Jeff
Jeff Dork
8/31/10 10:29 p.m.

I don't know why, but I've always loved the Buff. If I was Warren Buffet rich, I'd get one and convert it to a private jet. That would be sweet.

MrBenjamonkey
MrBenjamonkey Reader
8/31/10 11:02 p.m.

National Geographic #252

It's easy to forget just how old that publication is.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
8/31/10 11:08 p.m.
MrBenjamonkey wrote: National Geographic #252 It's easy to forget just how old that publication is.

And how cheap you can find the CD-ROM/DVD? set...

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
8/31/10 11:09 p.m.
alfadriver wrote:

Bats!

friedgreencorrado
8/31/10 11:15 p.m.
alfadriver wrote: hmm. ZAV potential.

Back when I was building 1/35th scale AFVs, I had one of those..

friedgreencorrado
8/31/10 11:35 p.m.
Jeff wrote:
wbjones wrote:
Jeff wrote:
this is the pic that comes up for Brandi and this for Mia... are they the same woman ? .. I remember Brandi doing the jersey strip .. don't ever remember Mia doing it...
Check out the number on the shorts, both 6. Yes, those are both Brandi. Mia wore number 9. I think she was the only one to pull off the jersey, but I'm not sure. I remember the firestorm too.

Yeah, same here. Watching the game, didn't even notice it. She was a football player shedding the jersey after a great goal, BFD (in the ironic sense). Made me ashamed to be an American when our Media Nonsense Machine made such a big deal about it.

Jeff wrote: Remember the E36 M3 storm over these pictures?

Yeah, I do. And even though I'm not Canadian, it made me just as mad. "Double Standards" suck.

I refuse to post a hotlink showing the origin of why the word "suck" is considered an insult, so I'll just post up Brandi, Mia, and their teammates after the gold in Athens.

L to R, Kristine Lilly, Mia Hamm, Julie Foudy, Brandi Chastain and Joy Fawcett.

Some of my European friends who live here in the US still tease me that I live in a country where women play "better" football than men. Gives me an excuse to remind them that American women are the best in the world. Shuts `em up real quick, since most of them are actually married to American girls..

"Yeah, where's your `green card' suckah! Oh, that's right..you met a real woman on your tourist visa!!"

phaze1todd
phaze1todd New Reader
8/31/10 11:54 p.m.

Chevette with a Buick 252 V6.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
9/1/10 12:00 a.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote:
Yeah, I do. And even though I'm not Canadian, it made me just as mad. "Double Standards" suck.

I thought that the E36 M3 storm came from some of them being under the drinking age? Or am I missing your intent?

Cartman
Cartman New Reader
9/1/10 1:04 a.m.
JoeyM wrote:
monark192 wrote:
http://jalopnik.com/5484698/sbarro-autobau-the-ugliest-car-weve-ever-seen http://jalopnik.com/5484744/sbarro-autobau-worlds-ugliest-car-photos
jalopnik said: This grotesque mish-mash of automotive design themes is the Sbarro Autobau — a "tribute" to Swiss racing driver Fredy Lienhard. We assume the designer hates him because this is truly the ugliest car we've ever seen. We've seen some ugly cars in our time, but today marks some good news for Japan's Mitsuoka Orochi, which is now no longer the ugliest car in the world. Now it's just the second ugliest. That's because the most shocking debut at this year's Geneva Motor Show wasn't the hybrid super cars or the bevy of crossovers. Rather it was this one-off concept car built by eccentric designer Franco Sbarro. Let's take a look at why this beast is so stunningly horrible on the eyes. Starting from the front (or at least what we think is the front), the Autobau looks like an early prototype of a Cylon Raider so frightening even homicidal robots were forced to change it for fear of getting the heebie-jeebies. Moving backwards there's a windshield so flat it's unlikely anyone over the age of six will be able to see through it. [Sbarro Autobau: The Ugliest Car We've Ever Seen] Along the sides the design incorporates Lamborghini Gallardo cutlines through the windows, which alone would look good. Unfortunately, the designer slapped a set of windows on behind the passenger cockpit making it look absolutely revolting. And the clamshell-like way in which it opens to swallow driver and passenger? Hideous. And the rear end? We'll let you know if we find one. The car essentially ends with an overhang so gigantic anything over a four-degree incline will cause the Autobau to get stuck. According to the creator, there's a Ferrari V12 engine stuffed in the back of the car producing 500 HP — power you'll need to escape anyone with a camera.

They have to be joking. That lawnmower looks like Carmen Electra compared to the ugliest car ever built (below).

friedgreencorrado
9/1/10 1:23 a.m.
mtn wrote:
friedgreencorrado wrote:
I thought that the E36 M3 storm came from some of them being under the drinking age? Or am I missing your intent?

Nah, not really. Besides my anger about "double standards" for women, I also think a lot of the "drinking age" stuff is nonsense. I had my first drink at a family wedding when I was 13..and the world didn't fall apart because of it.

"Zero Tolerance" is really `zero thinking'. Good grief! They just won a gold at the freaking Olympics! That party should have been a lot better than any wedding I've ever attended..

mtn
mtn SuperDork
9/1/10 1:40 a.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote:
mtn wrote:
friedgreencorrado wrote:
Nah, not really. Besides my anger about "double standards" for women, I also think a lot of the "drinking age" stuff is nonsense. I had my first drink at a family wedding when I was 13..and the world didn't fall apart because of it. "Zero Tolerance" is really `zero thinking'. Good grief! They just won a gold at the freaking Olympics! *That* party should have been a lot better than any wedding I've ever attended..

Okay, just making sure I wasn't missing something there--I couldn't figure out where the double standards came in with regards to that particular picture.

And I whole-heartedly agree on the drinking age thing.

Woody
Woody SuperDork
9/1/10 3:16 a.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VmbhRO0PrPYqkwCekxRYlRgyohaM5yqexl7vPf8QgWbhERuN9vG4HN5JoN6ObRQJ