etifosi
etifosi Dork
6/6/16 9:32 a.m.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UberDork
6/6/16 10:02 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
914Driver wrote:
YOu can tell that's not here in America or people would be choking on their extra sugar pop tarts that you need at least an extended bed crew cab duelly Superduty to pull that trailer.

Some guy in my neighborhood just bought one of these:

...and a 4dr full size Chevy pickup to pull it with. My wife looked at it and said "That's a cute camper. You could pull that with your commuter bike."

I told her she was right. And the commuter bike isn't even the motorized kind.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/6/16 10:29 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: You can tell that's not here in America or people would be choking on their extra sugar pop tarts that you need at least an extended bed crew cab duelly Superduty to pull that trailer.

Yeah, well, maybe if Europeans didn't think it was perfectly acceptable to tow a family-size caravan with an asthmatic 4 cylinder Peugeot that can barely start and stop itself, they wouldn't have mile-long tailbacks full of steaming road-rage cases who hate caravanners.

IndyJoe
IndyJoe Dork
6/6/16 10:36 a.m.
Duke wrote:
Adrian_Thompson wrote: You can tell that's not here in America or people would be choking on their extra sugar pop tarts that you need at least an extended bed crew cab duelly Superduty to pull that trailer.
Yeah, well, maybe if Europeans didn't think it was perfectly acceptable to tow a family-size caravan with an asthmatic 4 cylinder Peugeot that can barely start and stop itself, they wouldn't have mile-long tailbacks full of steaming road-rage cases.

Plus the European solution to trailer hitch/ball just looks so odd to me: Just wrong

IndyJoe
IndyJoe Dork
6/6/16 10:39 a.m.

IndyJoe
IndyJoe Dork
6/6/16 10:41 a.m.

IndyJoe
IndyJoe Dork
6/6/16 10:44 a.m.

RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
6/6/16 10:54 a.m.

Burrito
Burrito Dork
6/6/16 12:23 p.m.
Burrito wrote: Got the Bride of Burrito a little xt250 to explore and commute on. I've been out all morning rolling some break-in miles on it and I have to say it's surprisingly fantastic!

Going to keep doing this until we find some dirt, then I'll start an adventure thread.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
6/6/16 1:17 p.m.

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
6/6/16 6:54 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Votes to ban Wall-e for simply reposting from Pelican?

The local bolt supply place 20 years ago had that up in their "lobby". 18 year old Knurled thought it was real. Didn't realize it was a joke until, oh, five minutes ago when I thought about it again.

I have made the second bolt on the chart for that purpose.

Obligatory hotlink:

Photographic evidence that someone actually stretched an Audi "large" axle bolt. Torque spec is something ridiculous like 150ft-lb plus 180 degrees. This is way beyond stalling a IR2131. This is someone in the car with the engine running so it has power brakes, and you with a 6' cheater on a 3/4" breaker bar and hope you don't break the breaker bar. And I've STILL never seen one stretch...

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy PowerDork
6/6/16 7:43 p.m.

Turns out Dodge has dome some weird stuff.

Convertible pickup.

La Femme

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
6/6/16 7:57 p.m.

So much cool in this picture.

And it can be yours.

http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/5622095153.html

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/6/16 10:52 p.m.

D+1

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
6/7/16 4:55 a.m.
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/7/16 6:35 a.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: Turns out Dodge has dome some weird stuff. Convertible pickup. La Femme

How about a Dodge truck with Desoto wagon fenders?

I like it!

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
6/7/16 8:10 a.m.
Donebrokeit wrote: Say what?!

If that thing proves to be real and works and not just vapor ware, and if it's really $800 or less I'm getting one, no question.

Apparently unrelated mandatory below, but there is a tenuous link in my mind.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/7/16 10:34 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
Donebrokeit wrote: Say what?!
If that thing proves to be real and works and not just vapor ware, and if it's really $800 or less I'm getting one, no question. Apparently unrelated mandatory below, but there is a tenuous link in my mind.

my wife has already stated it will happen.

Robbie
Robbie SuperDork
6/7/16 10:48 a.m.
Wall-e wrote:

My dad has been doing this for as long as I can remember. He also has 3 kids so that means he doesn't have to buy ice cream for himself and he still gets more than we do.

IndyJoe
IndyJoe Dork
6/7/16 11:05 a.m.

IndyJoe
IndyJoe Dork
6/7/16 11:06 a.m.

IndyJoe
IndyJoe Dork
6/7/16 11:08 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/7/16 11:25 a.m.

In reply to IndyJoe:

I much prefer clean, simple livery that works with the lines of the car and presents a clear, graphic image. Not like some of these:

Seriously, if I was a sponsor - or even Aston Martin - I would be mad about how hard to read that car is.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/7/16 11:28 a.m.

Bleah.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
l2O9YVgZ5YQKKquXUvm7hsz2kQhYp28Rhm8tn9NThW7AeOivdniRUygJWYYM1F2J