fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
7/12/16 10:09 a.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr:

Why yes it is. PVGP Historics Sunday 7-10

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy PowerDork
7/12/16 10:13 a.m.

Ever detour thee hours out of the way on a trip just to get some food you love? We did that on the way back from visiting my family in New England. This isn't my favorite location for this place, but by the time we reached it, everybody was ready to eat. I just wish I had seen that they added scallop rolls to the menu before I got one fish with tartar and one with chili.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
7/12/16 10:28 a.m.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
7/12/16 10:40 a.m.
etifosi wrote:

What? Your arms and back don't get tired pushing that damn drill a zillion times!

That there is a "tech tip" for those of you who did this on a regular basis!

Comes in a floor model also:

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
7/12/16 11:42 a.m.

etifosi
etifosi Dork
7/12/16 2:05 p.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/12/16 2:24 p.m.

Unfortunately Garwood Boats isn't that far up the road from me. In the fall there is an open house and vintage boat show, if you're in the neighborhood (Lake George NY) GO! Go, no really, go.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/12/16 2:25 p.m.

I drove this a few years ago. Keep buying them lottery tickets....

Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
7/12/16 3:02 p.m.

There's a guy on our cottage lake with a 1927 Chris Craft barrel back boat. If I recall correctly it has a Chrysler engine. I do know that it sounds amazing. This isn't his boat just one I found online that's similar.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
7/12/16 3:09 p.m.

I love that people who are not me own these beautiful wood boats.

trucke
trucke Dork
7/12/16 3:41 p.m.

One of my friends has a '97 Grand Craft, 502 cubic inch V8. It rumbles across the lake. Tops out at about 35 mph. A great cruiser, but hard to get in and out of.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
7/12/16 4:27 p.m.

Wooden boats like that are going to make me want to become better wood worker.

johnnie
johnnie Reader
7/12/16 4:36 p.m.
Wayslow wrote: There's a guy on our cottage lake with a 1927 Chris Craft barrel back boat. If I recall correctly it has a Chrysler engine. I do know that it sounds amazing. This isn't his boat just one I found online that's similar.

I think there's a youtube video of one of those with a Chrysler straight 8.

These kind of tiny prop riding race boats freak me out.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/12/16 5:25 p.m.

Scarano Boatworks once made a speedster? that really tickled the good parts. 19 feet long, your back is up against the transom, green leather bench seat (1) and a door up front for a picnic basket. It looked like a piano!

http://www.scaranoboat.com/

He made a replica of America, it won the original America's Cup in 1851, hence the name; for the owner of Domino's Pizza. Looks old and historic above the waterline, high performance cup class below.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/12/16 5:31 p.m.

Scarano Boats

the Santa Maria.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/12/16 5:38 p.m.

Forgot to mention, Hackercraft is Garwood's competition on the other side of the lake.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
7/12/16 6:02 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: This would be big fun in comparison.

Sure - for the horse, it's probably pretty great.

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
7/12/16 7:26 p.m.
etifosi wrote:

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy PowerDork
7/12/16 8:34 p.m.
914Driver wrote: Unfortunately Garwood Boats isn't that far up the road from me. In the fall there is an open house and vintage boat show, if you're in the neighborhood (Lake George NY) GO! Go, no really, go.

Lake George is just about worth the trip by itself. There are tons of sites of historical interest, including a few under the waters of the lake itself.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
7/12/16 9:04 p.m.
914Driver wrote: Scarano Boatworks once made a speedster? that really tickled the good parts. 19 feet long, your back is up against the transom, green leather bench seat (1) and a door up front for a picnic basket. It looked like a piano! http://www.scaranoboat.com/ He made a replica of America, it won the original America's Cup in 1851, hence the name; for the owner of Domino's Pizza. Looks old and historic above the waterline, high performance cup class below.

OK, this might actually be my favourite on this whole berkeleying thread. The pure evil genius of this resonates with me.

fireball123
fireball123 Reader
7/12/16 9:10 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote:

So you got the exhaust system down when will the rest of the v8 ND be ready.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
7/12/16 9:54 p.m.
fireball123 wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote:
So you got the exhaust system down when will the rest of the v8 ND be ready.

As soon as we get your deposit

Seriously, though, it's scheduled to be on track at the end of the month.

This is the stuff we're working on right now.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
7/13/16 7:34 a.m.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
7/13/16 7:58 a.m.
johnnie wrote: I think there's a youtube video of one of those with a Chrysler straight 8. These kind of tiny prop riding race boats freak me out.

wait till you get a load of one of these.

slefain
slefain UberDork
7/13/16 8:58 a.m.
RossD wrote: Wooden boats like that are going to make me want to become better wood worker.

You think a cheap Porsche is expensive? Try a free wooden boat!

https://www.woodenboat.com/boats-sale-categories/free-boats

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WHzbYyoZmsbDNYtXYFWdWnFITmLPi5DKRfR6eOM5AjPSlvKEhgnq6g58zNpOWsiN