Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy PowerDork
9/23/16 10:15 a.m.

Hah, Mustang joke.

Seriously, though, I want more information on that car's setup.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/23/16 12:02 p.m.

Karacticus
Karacticus HalfDork
9/23/16 12:14 p.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/23/16 12:22 p.m.

Who knew?

U.S. Postal service sent out a message to all letter carriers to put a sheet of Bounce in their uniform pockets to keep yellow-jackets away.

1. Bounce will chase ants away when you lay a sheet near them. It also repels mice.

2. Spread sheets around foundation areas, or in trailers, or cars that are sitting and it keeps mice from entering your vehicle.

3. It takes the odor out of books and photo albums that don't get opened too often.
  4. It repels mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season.
  5. Eliminate static electricity from your television (or computer) screen.
  6. Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling.
  7. Dissolve soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a sheet of Bounce.
  8. To freshen the air in your home - Place an individual sheet of Bounce in a drawer or hang in the closet.
  9. Put Bounce sheet in vacuum cleaner.
  10. Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a sheet of Bounce before beginning to sew.
  11. Prevent musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce inside empty luggage before storing.
  12. To freshen the air in your car - Place a sheet of Bounce under the front seat.
  13. Clean baked-on foods from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in a pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti-static agent apparently weakens the bond between the food and the pan.
  14. Eliminate odors in wastebaskets. Place a sheet of Bounce at the bottom of the wastebasket.
  15. Collect cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will magnetically attract all the loose hairs.
  16. Eliminate static electricity from Venetian blinds. Wipe the blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling.
  17. Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet of Bounce will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.
  18. Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.
  19. Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or sneakers overnight.
  20. Golfers put a Bounce sheet in their back pocket to keep the bees away.
  21. Put a Bounce sheet in your sleeping bag and tent before folding and storing them. It will keep them smelling fresh.
  22. Wet a Bounce sheet, hose down your car, and wipe love bugs off easily with the wet Bounce.
  23. Put a sheet of Bounce in your suitcase when traveling, it will help keep mites or any other critters out of it. While you are at it, travel with several Bounce sheets and run them up and down your bed linen before getting into bed, it will cause all the critters already in your bed to run. Keep a sheet in your suitcase even after you have unpacked to protect your suitcases from bugs nesting in it.
BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
9/23/16 12:33 p.m.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
9/23/16 12:33 p.m.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 SuperDork
9/23/16 12:35 p.m.

In reply to Karacticus:

My last flight on American, my seat was basically like that.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
9/23/16 12:35 p.m.
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
9/23/16 12:44 p.m.
bigdaddylee82 wrote: In reply to Karacticus: My last flight on American, my seat was basically like that.

Awww crap I'm flying on them next week...on the weekend I was on an Air Canada Rouge flight with economy seats that had even less legroom than normal. Normal is just enough for my legs to fit with a slight spread, less than normal means my legs are spread wide and my feet can't go flat on the ground.

I think the airlines are slowly trying to turn standard economy seats into these:

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
9/23/16 1:13 p.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/23/16 1:37 p.m.
BlueInGreen44 wrote:

Judging from what I've seen in movies and on TV, the British will basically buy any car that happens to be available, badge it, and use it as a police car. There doesn't seem to be any consistency whatsoever.

mattmacklind
mattmacklind UltimaDork
9/23/16 1:48 p.m.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 SuperDork
9/23/16 3:34 p.m.

5.0l diy block casting, Pratt & Whitney jugs V-Twin.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork
9/23/16 4:25 p.m.

If they built it, I'd be camping out at the dealer waiting for them to arrive....

-Rob

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
9/23/16 5:38 p.m.
Duke wrote:
BlueInGreen44 wrote:
Judging from what I've seen in movies and on TV, the British will basically buy any car that happens to be available, badge it, and use it as a police car. There doesn't seem to be any consistency whatsoever.

According to the article:

"The Jaguar Mark 2 was a particular favourite amongst bank robbers, and it had plenty of boot space, could comfortably seat 5 adult males wearing balaclavas, and thanks to its 3.4 or 3.8 litre inline-6 with DOHC it could cheerfully outrun any police officer in Britain – despite not technically being a sports car at all.

A few police departments in the UK experimented with buying performance roadsters, then using them for highway patrol and high speed pursuits. The Triumph TR4 you see here was bought by the local police in Southend on Sea and customised in their own workshop – new police lights were added front and back along with a radio, spotlights, fender mirrors, a Winkworth bell, air horns, a reverse light, and a hand operated spot light.

The TR4 was pressed into immediate service chasing down crims on Britain’s motorways, apprehending bank robbers in their Mark 2s, and even racing up to London to collect life saving medication for hospital patients in Essex."

Kinda cool.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
9/23/16 5:40 p.m.

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
9/23/16 6:00 p.m.
BlueInGreen44 wrote:

Looks a lot like my 4A when I was in college, except for the police sign on the back. Instead I think I had one that read "police, pull me over."

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
9/23/16 6:49 p.m.

I love rotaries. Torque curve like Kansas.

Fall-off over 9000rpm is intentional and built into the tune, it's so the engine doesn't run away from me if/when I hit a slick spot or get a little airborne. Rev limiters kill rotaries.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UberDork
9/23/16 8:04 p.m.
Grtechguy wrote:

Mine has a kick stand in it, I asked him what happened to the little kid and his bike.

photo A6D3E325-91D4-450D-9FB1-B4ABC51BC937_zpsabpqvpyh.jpg

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 SuperDork
9/23/16 10:31 p.m.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 SuperDork
9/23/16 10:36 p.m.

stroker
stroker SuperDork
9/23/16 10:53 p.m.

Who let Kevin Cameron in here?

914Driver