fanfoy
fanfoy Dork
2/1/17 12:52 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote:
fanfoy wrote:
Now, are they camping or are they broken and waiting for rescue?

Having fun apparently:

bentwrench
bentwrench Dork
2/1/17 1:07 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: I was modded! Sorry! It was the se7en reference that got me.

What's in the boooooooxxxxx?

bentwrench
bentwrench Dork
2/1/17 1:12 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote:
Streetwiseguy wrote:
Apexcarver wrote: Here's my old book(ish) frame.
So, I presume that was welded up by you, or someone very much like you, so I have a question- Did you have to manage pulling during welding? I have a vision for a double tube frame I'd like to build for a Model A Ford hot rod, and one of my concerns is how hard its going to be to keep it straight and square during the welding process.
I did not weld up this frame, so I can't give you any secret insider tips. I'll let someone with more experience answer the question.

For every single weld you make, you weld the opposite.

Criss cross back and forth.

If you make all the welds on one plane that plane will shrink.

So you make matching opposing welds.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr SuperDork
2/1/17 1:57 p.m.
fasted58 wrote:

I never understand these type builds when you look at the tires people put on them.

Some awesome coyote turbo engine... Lots of work done to make the car look minty fresh... Then either all season tires, or something that has a fairly unaggressive tread compound...

I just don't get it.

This is better!

EvanR
EvanR SuperDork
2/1/17 3:01 p.m.
wvumtnbkr wrote: I never understand these type builds when you look at the tires people put on them. Some awesome coyote turbo engine... Lots of work done to make the car look minty fresh... Then either all season tires, or something that has a fairly unaggressive tread compound... I just don't get it.

Perhaps those are just temporary wheels (what came on the car, maybe?) until the build is finished.

Witness this Corvette "rolling chassis" for sale on eBay:

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy PowerDork
2/1/17 6:29 p.m.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
2/1/17 8:15 p.m.

I drove an '97 4.6 2 valve GT automatic convertible Mustang today. I've been reminded of my fondness of the idea of a Cobra convertible. The 4.6 2 valve/auto combo is exactly as underwhelming as I expected it to be though.

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
2/1/17 9:14 p.m.

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
2/2/17 6:25 a.m.

As much as I like being home at night nobody interesting ever stops in for pizza while I'm having lunch.

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
2/2/17 6:27 a.m.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
2/2/17 6:27 a.m.
EvanR wrote:
wvumtnbkr wrote: I never understand these type builds when you look at the tires people put on them. Some awesome coyote turbo engine... Lots of work done to make the car look minty fresh... Then either all season tires, or something that has a fairly unaggressive tread compound... I just don't get it.
Perhaps those are just temporary wheels (what came on the car, maybe?) until the build is finished. Witness this Corvette "rolling chassis" for sale on eBay:

We had a set of 1 inch sheet aluminium "wheels" like that for our FSAE car that we used for alignments, corner weighting, and other setup.

Not the FSAE car obviously, but same concept.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
2/2/17 6:38 a.m.

In reply to Apexcarver: Nope, it's Julian Bailey's 1988 Tyrell 017. Gorgeous car but a total flop. In 87 the Tyrell had been the best NA car, but they didn't have the money for the last year of NA and Turbo and fell down the grid which was a shame for Bailey as it was his first shot at F1.

loosecannon
loosecannon HalfDork
2/2/17 6:56 a.m.

CFD of my race car [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/loosecannon/media/MGB-GT/streamlines2_zpse73g05l0.png.html][/URL]

fanfoy
fanfoy Dork
2/2/17 7:00 a.m.
loosecannon wrote: CFD of my race car [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/loosecannon/media/MGB-GT/streamlines2_zpse73g05l0.png.html][/URL]

Very cool!

What program is that?

Unrelated:

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
2/2/17 7:10 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/2/17 7:18 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/2/17 7:19 a.m.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
2/2/17 7:48 a.m.
914Driver wrote:

↑↑↑↑Some one needs to learn about triangles!↑↑↑↑

Karacticus
Karacticus HalfDork
2/2/17 7:53 a.m.
Flight Service wrote:

Needs moar stripe

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
2/2/17 8:36 a.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote:

At our house we call yogurt like this 'dessert yogurt'.

Directly from the American Heart Associations webpage called Sugar 101:

If you are a woman and you follow the AHA's guidelines for sugar, you're 'healthy' morning yogurt puts you over your daily sugar allowance. But, hey, it's low fat.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
2/2/17 8:56 a.m.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
2/2/17 8:58 a.m.

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
2/2/17 9:03 a.m.

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
2/2/17 9:05 a.m.