fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
3/8/17 4:59 p.m.
Flight Service wrote:
fasted58 wrote: Development model for the 1990 Fiero never got that far
I took my Lean Six Sigma Black Belt from a former GM employee that worked in GMs quality department. At the time the Fiero was the highest quality car GM had ever made. For those that don't know. Quality in manufacturing is controlling and preventing a deviation from design specification beyond accepted tolerance. Now what does THAT tell you about GM.

So I posted a hotlink picture of a Fiero... a prototype at that, something that GRMers usually like.

Not meant to sidetrack at all... it's only a picture. Post count FTW.

I could care less what you think of GM... it's only a picture. This doesn't concern me.

Maybe you should start a separate thread on your issues w/ GM.

Obligatory hotlink response pic:

Again, not my issue.

white_fly
white_fly Reader
3/8/17 7:50 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy:

I love the McLaren F1. Capital L-O-V-E kind of love.

That said, the 720S did not and does not need a center seat. The car is in the same category as Huracan's and 488's, not BAC Mono's and Radical's. Ease of entry is a real factor with a car like this. They need to sell lots of them and they need to be usable to accomplish that.

That said, a center-driven hypercar or track car is low hanging fruit for McLaren and they've expressed that it will happen.

white_fly
white_fly Reader
3/8/17 7:53 p.m.
fasted58 wrote:
Flight Service wrote:
I took my Lean Six Sigma Black Belt from a former GM employee that worked in GMs quality department. At the time the Fiero was the highest quality car GM had ever made. For those that don't know. Quality in manufacturing is controlling and preventing a deviation from design specification beyond accepted tolerance. Now what does THAT tell you about GM.
So I posted a hotlink picture of a Fiero... a prototype at that, something that GRMers usually like. Not meant to sidetrack at all... it's only a picture. Post count FTW. I could care less what you think of GM... it's only a picture. This doesn't concern me. Maybe you should start a separate thread on your issues w/ GM. Obligatory hotlink response pic: Again, not my issue.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
3/8/17 7:57 p.m.

D001, probably the only restored 80s D350. I low key wish mine was SRW so I could use those hub caps.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
3/8/17 9:03 p.m.
white_fly wrote:
fasted58 wrote:
Flight Service wrote:
So I posted a hotlink picture of a Fiero... a prototype at that, something that GRMers usually like. Not meant to sidetrack at all... it's only a picture. Post count FTW. I could care less what you think of GM... it's only a picture. This doesn't concern me. Maybe you should start a separate thread on your issues w/ GM. Obligatory hotlink response pic: Again, not my issue.

Catch my drift...

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/9/17 6:01 a.m.

In reply to fasted58:

If it's not your issue, why did you post about it? (again post count FTW)

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
3/9/17 7:10 a.m.

Walk out on the front porch in the morning, see a view and think "that's some Instagram E36 M3" then you go back in and grab your new el cheapo phone and this what you get.

I'm not very good at Instagram, or pictures in general apparently.

I blame the fact that the paint on dad's truck is still shiny.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
3/9/17 7:12 a.m.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
3/9/17 7:28 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/9/17 7:31 a.m.

Can you guys kindly move the thinly veiled and boring-to-everyone-else bitchfest to a private channel? KTHXBY.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
3/9/17 7:35 a.m.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/9/17 7:49 a.m.
fasted58 wrote:

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/9/17 9:16 a.m.
Duke wrote: Can you guys kindly move the thinly veiled and boring-to-everyone-else bitchfest to a private channel? KTHXBY.

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
3/9/17 10:18 a.m.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/9/17 11:14 a.m.
Indy-Guy wrote: In reply to Flight Service: YES ! very Sexy, but sadly, it doesn't have the center driving position:

You want the BP23

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
3/9/17 11:58 a.m.
Flight Service wrote:
Indy-Guy wrote: In reply to Flight Service: YES ! very Sexy, but sadly, it doesn't have the center driving position:
You want the BP23

I followed the development of the F1 for four years thru the writings of several automotive mags when I was in high school. That center driving position (three seater) blew my mind at the time. LOVE IT !

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/9/17 1:00 p.m.

trucke
trucke Dork
3/9/17 1:02 p.m.

trucke
trucke Dork
3/9/17 1:07 p.m.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/9/17 1:13 p.m.