4/11/17 6:44 a.m.

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
4/11/17 6:45 a.m.

thedanimal
thedanimal Reader
4/11/17 7:17 a.m.

In reply to Chadeux:

That takes me back when I was a kid. I played with my matchbox cars on that all the time.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
4/11/17 8:41 a.m.

C'est la même chose non?

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
4/11/17 8:48 a.m.

fanfoy
fanfoy Dork
4/11/17 10:06 a.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/11/17 10:15 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/11/17 10:19 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/11/17 10:23 p.m.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
4/12/17 5:57 a.m.

Brake Failure:

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
4/12/17 6:43 a.m.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
4/12/17 7:02 a.m.
Grtechguy wrote: Brake Failure:

No way, that's my engineering mentor at work!

bentwrench
bentwrench Dork
4/12/17 8:17 a.m.

The only real question here is, Did he get the shot?

If he didn't get the shot that adds a new level of insult to the injury, and makes it funnier!

We know the other guy got the shot.

Thank you Mr Vazquez

NickD
NickD SuperDork
4/12/17 11:49 a.m.

Gratuitous self-promotion

NickD
NickD SuperDork
4/12/17 11:50 a.m.

Seriously proud of how this thing is turning out

NickD
NickD SuperDork
4/12/17 11:50 a.m.

NickD
NickD SuperDork
4/12/17 11:51 a.m.

Okay, I'm done now.

trucke
trucke SuperDork
4/12/17 1:54 p.m.
NickD wrote: Okay, I'm done now.

You're roll bar is purple!

Robbie
Robbie UberDork
4/12/17 2:50 p.m.

In reply to NickD:

Can you give us a shot of the interior?

NickD
NickD SuperDork
4/12/17 3:28 p.m.
trucke wrote:
You're roll bar is purple!

Prismatic Powdercoating's "Purple Mist"

NickD
NickD SuperDork
4/12/17 3:32 p.m.
Robbie wrote: In reply to NickD: Can you give us a shot of the interior?

Nothing too exciting there. Stock pretty much everything except for a Nardi 330mm Deep Corn, M-Edition Nardi shift knob, Alcantara shift boot with blue stitching and FM pedals.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork
4/12/17 4:15 p.m.
bentwrench wrote: The only real question here is, Did he get the shot? If he didn't get the shot that adds a new level of insult to the injury, and makes it funnier! We know the other guy got the shot. Thank you Mr Vazquez

When I was in photojournalism class in college, our professor was telling a story to demonstrate being aware of your surroundings. The story goes that a photographer was shooting film of a gas station fire. He was watching it all through the camera and kept getting closer and closer for a better shot. The tanks finally caught and the station exploded, killing the photographer. The class was somber and silent. I was sitting in the back and asked, "Were they able to develop the film?" To which my professor stated, "Class, now THAT'S a photojournalist right there." I could never tell if that was an insult or a compliment!

Obligatory hotlink so as not to get in trouble:

-Rob

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy PowerDork
4/12/17 5:07 p.m.

Extreme bonus points if you get a personalized plate that says "Blouse"

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
4/12/17 6:07 p.m.
rob_lewis wrote:
bentwrench wrote: The only real question here is, Did he get the shot? If he didn't get the shot that adds a new level of insult to the injury, and makes it funnier! We know the other guy got the shot. Thank you Mr Vazquez
When I was in photojournalism class in college, our professor was telling a story to demonstrate being aware of your surroundings. The story goes that a photographer was shooting film of a gas station fire. He was watching it all through the camera and kept getting closer and closer for a better shot. The tanks finally caught and the station exploded, killing the photographer. The class was somber and silent. I was sitting in the back and asked, "Were they able to develop the film?" To which my professor stated, "Class, now THAT'S a photojournalist right there." I could never tell if that was an insult or a compliment! Obligatory hotlink so as not to get in trouble: -Rob

Years ago I used to shoot racing pics, mainly sports cars and Indy cars, and the first thing you learn is to have one eye looking through the eye piece, and the other open to make sure nothing big is coming at you. It takes a bit of practice, but after a while you don't notice it. Highly recommended for football games too. I know this from experience.

Required hotlink. I sold my F4S years ago to go digital, still my favorite SLR that I've owned.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
4/12/17 7:53 p.m.
NickD wrote:
Robbie wrote: In reply to NickD: Can you give us a shot of the interior?
Nothing too exciting there. Stock pretty much everything except for a Nardi 330mm Deep Corn, M-Edition Nardi shift knob, Alcantara shift boot with blue stitching and FM pedals.

Unless you love the way the Nardi looks (some do), a countersunk metal shift knob will improve the feel of the shifter by about 1000%. I ended up with a Voodoo like this one:

Just for the heck of it, I put the Nardi back on after driving with the Voodoo for a few weeks and it felt like I was shifting with a broom handle. YMMV.

Nice looking ride, BTW.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TTBBWRjn82cVLTjdWL7oDK7ZgHJws550PY0g2FG5NAXnSMwh7ViXu26nJcbytFY5