1 2 3
stroker
stroker UberDork
3/21/21 6:31 a.m.

If you could bring back any one TV show for another run of episodes, what would it be?  Let's work on the assumption that the new version is as good or better than the old one and you get a minimum of two seasons.  

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/21/21 6:32 a.m.

Jericho.

Firefly.

Chuck.

wae
wae UberDork
3/21/21 7:33 a.m.

Oh, I only get to choose one?  That's tough.  I'd probably have to pick Chuck for that.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UberDork
3/21/21 7:37 a.m.

We're not big TV watchers but will occasionally choose a series to watch as a family (we have two teenagers). 

We've watched Good Omens, The Good Place, Sherlock Holmes, and The Tick. The latter wasn't picked up after season two. We all really enjoyed it, Totally over the top superhero comic book characters.  

Right now we're waiting for the next season of Lupin.  

https://youtu.be/ga0iTWXCGa0

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
3/21/21 7:55 a.m.

I never heard of most of these shows you youngsters mention.

My vote:  Frasier

Honorable Mention award to "Gypsy", a compelling Netflix drama they killed without resolving the storyline. I still want to punch someone in the head over that.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/21/21 7:57 a.m.

I heard Frasier is coming back.

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
3/21/21 8:01 a.m.

There aren't any I'd want to bring back, but there were a ton I'd like to have seen cancelled 2-3 seasons before they were.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/21/21 8:22 a.m.

Floating Doc, "The Good Place", is that the Netflix one about heaven with Ted Dansen?  Seems all these Netflixers start out as entertaining, then get all complex and tougher to follow.  (Orange is the new Black etc.)

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
3/21/21 8:37 a.m.
914Driver said:

Floating Doc, "The Good Place", is that the Netflix one about heaven with Ted Dansen?  Seems all these Netflixers start out as entertaining, then get all complex and tougher to follow.  (Orange is the new Black etc.)

"The Good Place" was an NBC show, not a Netflix original.

It's a damn shame that "Deadwood" only got 3 seasons, though the movie did do a nice job of wrapping things up.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
3/21/21 8:40 a.m.

Barney Miller.  Rockford Files. Cheers.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/21/21 8:47 a.m.

There aren't many. 

Alpha House comes to mind. Prime show. That's about it. 

Frasier and Cheers were two of my favorite shows. Still are. Both went on too long. 

The Good Place is a really good example of a show that was what it should have been. 4 seasons, and they fit the story in, and ended it. Too many shows go on too long. If you think it ended too soon, but don't have a reason other than you loved hanging out with the characters for 20 minutes a week, it didn't end too soon. That said, I do have high hopes for the Frasier reboot. Kelsey Grammar and David Hyde Pierce is one of the best duos I've ever seen. 

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
3/21/21 8:52 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

Barney Miller.  Rockford Files. Cheers.

Remove Cheers, add My name is Earl and you have 3 of my favourite shows

Mrs. P has the PVR set to record a lot of old shows. I don't watch much TV but I did last night and the lineup was

Hawaii 5-0

I love Lucy

Barney Miller

Get Smart

The odd couple

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile HalfDork
3/21/21 8:59 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

Oh man Jericho, such such a disappointment for season 2. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/21/21 9:03 a.m.
Subscriber-unavailabile said:

In reply to NickD :

Oh man Jericho, such such a disappointment for season 2. 

Fans had to fight to get that second season. And then it ends with the US going into a civil war and we never got any resolution.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/21/21 9:04 a.m.

A few years ago I would have said Dexter, but that wish apparently got answered

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/21/21 9:15 a.m.

Heroes, but let's assume the 3rd season never happened.

The Addams Family.

The Twilight Zone.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/21/21 9:31 a.m.

The problem with something like The Good Place is that they very much concluded it in the final show / season, so if it came back it would need to be a somewhat different show.  I guess it could still be good if done well though, just different. Also, I don't think it was canceled, it just concluded.

I would say Firefly (though they did conclude it with Serenity), and the original Star Trek because it was just classic SciFi (much like The Twilight Zone) and not all caught up in it's "timeline" / "universe".

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/21/21 10:19 a.m.

My answer would be The Wire but I have heard there is a new David Simon, Baltimore, HBO, Cop Show In the making

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
3/21/21 10:27 a.m.

Firefly.  But only assuming that the movie Serenity never took place.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/21/21 10:33 a.m.
NickD said:

A few years ago I would have said Dexter, but that wish apparently got answered

Learned on GRM:

I did not realize there was more Dexter coming! 

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
3/21/21 10:34 a.m.

Blake's 7

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
3/21/21 10:54 a.m.

One more vote for Firefly

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
3/21/21 10:56 a.m.

A somewhat obscure one is "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" with Lena Headey as Sarah. That was the best Terminator thing outside the first two movies.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
3/21/21 11:12 a.m.

Pushing daisies. Apparently it stopped due to some writers union strike and they never wrapped it up. 

Nothing else springs to mind. 

jgrewe
jgrewe Reader
3/21/21 11:28 a.m.

Futurama

/thread

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
u1RN7rrWdRUNtDnKZRyOjw10wJkXWTsnQgCHv266km1SUDPChfhg5MG55k8gUuKC