1 2 3
RevRico
RevRico UberDork
12/7/18 12:07 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

I see that as a self fulfilling prophecy though. "Gas prices are going to skyrocket, stock up now" so there's a rush with everybody trying to fill up cheap, which leads to a supply issue  that leads to higher prices. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
12/7/18 12:13 p.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to GameboyRMH :

I see that as a self fulfilling prophecy though. "Gas prices are going to skyrocket, stock up now" so there's a rush with everybody trying to fill up cheap, which leads to a supply issue  that leads to higher prices. 

That's true, so you have to be fast. Gas prices will indeed increase ahead of time, but if you act fast you can get in while they're low.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/7/18 1:23 p.m.

I think you're over-blowing a temporary supply reduction. They agreed to a 1.2 mil bpd cut for 6 months. 

docwyte
docwyte UltraDork
12/7/18 2:13 p.m.

Nowhere near that cheap here in Denver.  Still hovering around $2.60/gal

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/7/18 2:37 p.m.

I used to ref hockey with this guy. Weird dude. Probably a hair away from making the NHL; and in 1978 he had about 3 hours worth of cumulative 1:1 conversation with Herb Brooks. He was that close to being on the Miracle team. He also, despite being one of the most intelligent people I have ever known, hasn't really had a "real" job for quite some time--he got payed to play hockey into his 40's, he was running/owning semipro teams, refs hockey, etc. Because of this, he did some quirky money-saving things.

He would load up the back of his Daewoo hatchback with every gas tank he could find during times like this, and he would stock pile probably about 300 gallons of gasoline. I'd see him do it 4 days in a row, and those were just the days that I saw him.

Like I said, a weird dude. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/8/18 10:59 a.m.

He's just really into The Road Warrior.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
12/8/18 11:12 a.m.

Gas now with ethanol only has a shelf life of like 3 months so be careful how much/long you store it.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle SuperDork
12/8/18 12:05 p.m.

This morning in upper potato-land, regular is at $2.89 and diesel is $3.23.

Meanwhile, in Tampa-stan, I see regular as low as $1.99 and diesel at $2.77.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
12/8/18 12:14 p.m.
NOT A TA said:

Gas now with ethanol only has a shelf life of like 3 months so be careful how much/long you store it.

I pulled 7 year old E10 out of a parts car and drove on it just fine.

Ohio has been E10 since at least 1985.   All the stuff that people complain about just hasn't been experienced here.  Mostly, our experience here makes people who blame everything on ethanol look like delicate-snowflake whiners.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PnZdDkjObn39Yz9dJ1FBgPf90ke4S5AsS5dM2ckc0Mr7UMlV1WoiB2Ium6YCredj