... and he's only worried about getting the car back together

iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
6/4/16 6:09 p.m.

Typical racer

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
6/4/16 8:14 p.m.

Reckon he was past 200 mph when that happened? Those chutes filled quickly.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/5/16 11:02 a.m.

"Nice to be here. Honey, I'm fine."

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
6/5/16 11:29 a.m.

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
6/5/16 11:34 a.m.

John Force did that at least once a weekend back in the early 90's, and he gave much more entertaining interviews at the end of the track.. his crew chief, however, didn't find it to be cool at all..

revrico
revrico HalfDork
6/5/16 12:04 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/N8roRkCYE-8

He really reminds me of this race. Except his was a real explosion, not some pansy in the cab not by a fuel line fire.

ChrisR
ChrisR New Reader
6/5/16 1:39 p.m.

If you've ever seen a Funny Car without a body on it and see just how big that engine is sitting in that tiny looking chassis, you would question the sanity of someone just strapping into one let alone actually driving it! But Beckman has been through a few explosions...so yeah, no big deal...lol.

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
6/5/16 1:47 p.m.

just another day at the office

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
6/5/16 4:11 p.m.
ChrisR wrote: If you've ever seen a Funny Car without a body on it and see just how big that engine is sitting in that tiny looking chassis, you would question the sanity of someone just strapping into one let alone actually driving it! But Beckman has been through a few explosions...so yeah, no big deal...lol.

they are pretty much just an old school front engine dragster with a body on them.

ChrisR
ChrisR New Reader
6/5/16 7:00 p.m.
novaderrik wrote:
ChrisR wrote: If you've ever seen a Funny Car without a body on it and see just how big that engine is sitting in that tiny looking chassis, you would question the sanity of someone just strapping into one let alone actually driving it! But Beckman has been through a few explosions...so yeah, no big deal...lol.
they are pretty much just an old school front engine dragster with a body on them.

No doubt. Even looking over a sprint car, I find myself thinking "how can anyone feel safe in this thing", 'cause there ain't alot of 'car' there. I was on a late model team for years (both dirt and pavement) so I'm used to seeing a car with some actual protection.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nUjmAhrS8PoE9vucRbFs9uiMkgnKD2fGdT2zNmzwNeaLDXgqu9gqoYNNZgdt0xoG