wayslow
wayslow New Reader
3/11/09 2:41 p.m.

My wife and I were planning a trip to Disney World, with our kids, and decided to invite my 80yo parents to join us. They were more than happy to come along and as a thank you to me they booked me in for a day at the Richard Petty Driving Experience in DW. Has anyone else been there? Does this mean that I have to watch some roundy round racing before we head down? I don't own anything that's cut off or sports a confederate flag so I'm not sure what to wear. All kidding aside I'm really looking forward to this.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
3/11/09 2:43 p.m.

It is a pretty intimidating spectacle.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Production Editor
3/11/09 3:19 p.m.

It will go a long way toward dispelling the myth that oval track racing is "easy". Have a great time!

Goldmember
Goldmember Reader
3/11/09 3:29 p.m.

A good friend of mine attended the school as a BD gift a few years back up here in NH at NHIS(when it still was ) and he had a blast.

When he was doing the hotlaps he held back from the pace car ever so slightly until he had some room, then rolled it on at corner exit. He was thoroughly impressed, even by the de-tuned motors they use, but was "spoken to" after he made it back to the paddock and curtiously warned not to try that again.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ojCItsYZ4C4JLfUHvmznyevGYfCgviBfQvcilLZDa1Cp6YRTjKCxWQ2lqlPDZikP