1 2 3
aeronca65t
aeronca65t Dork
9/10/11 2:34 p.m.

As a little kid, I lived across the street from the Nolan Park Hurling Pitch in Kilkenny. That sport is breathtaking.

To paraphrase Hemingway, everything else is just a game.

NickF40
NickF40 Dork
9/10/11 2:39 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Overpaid, padded up, 30 second at a time footballers, go downunder and watch a real game. AFL rulz hey Poopmeister, harden the berkeley up

I agree!!

The "Go Taints" threw me off

ST_ZX2
ST_ZX2 Reader
9/11/11 3:42 p.m.

Ravens 35, steelers 7. Great start pooper.

Grizz
Grizz Reader
9/11/11 3:49 p.m.
ST_ZX2 wrote: Ravens 35, steelers 7. Great start pooper.

Damn, beat me to it.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
9/11/11 3:50 p.m.

It was a stunning rememberence of 9/11, we watched in horror and disbelief as the mighty Steeler fall.

(I'm hanging my head in shame, but Ray Lewis is in his 14 season and say what you will about the Ravens, the guy can play.)

Grizz
Grizz Reader
9/11/11 3:51 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: I consider American Football to be for large, short winded, scared to be hurt, overpaid, prima donas, check out real football, no padding, real contact, non stop game with players who run for the full 4 quarters. Oh and I find it difficult to call a game football that has one kicker on each team. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlkSHIJkilc Girls play field games in padding

Wonder how long one of those suposedly tougher players would last getting hit by a 330 pound prima donna.

I'm guessing not long.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
9/11/11 4:15 p.m.

I'm still hoping it was all a bad dream. Dear god that was horrible. Fortunately, that means they'll start calling us 'the most over-rated team in the nfl' soon. That's when we when super bowls. It's no 'interfaglactic championship" or whatever, but we still get a trophy.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
9/11/11 6:06 p.m.
Grizz wrote:
aussiesmg wrote: I consider American Football to be for large, short winded, scared to be hurt, overpaid, prima donas, check out real football, no padding, real contact, non stop game with players who run for the full 4 quarters. Oh and I find it difficult to call a game football that has one kicker on each team. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlkSHIJkilc Girls play field games in padding
Wonder how long one of those suposedly tougher players would last getting hit by a 330 pound prima donna. I'm guessing not long.

Did you even watch the youtube clip, they get hit harder, faster and keep running without pads, your 330 lb prima donna would be doubled up catching his breath trying to keep up with one of these real men.

Aussie Rules kicks Gridiron arse,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlgcLrpswhg

How would your 330 lb prima donna get up after one of these hits, ours don't even stop unless they are out cold and even then the game goes on while the player is removed.

Here's a sample of our athletes at work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V00L3iTUVxU&feature=related

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
9/11/11 7:40 p.m.

Hits shmits. Ray Lewis will stab that ass!!!

And to answer your question, pretty sure those hipsters would bounce off a ray lewis or james harrison. Cute socks though.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
9/11/11 9:22 p.m.

I'm surprised you aren't ranting about how Michigan was waving yellow pom poms during the notre dame game, stealing the Steelers idears!

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
9/11/11 9:33 p.m.

I'm surprised you don't have a career in comedy! That was hilarious AND smart! Got a sister? Nah you've already called dibs on that.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
9/11/11 9:51 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Hits shmits. Ray Lewis will stab that ass!!! And to answer your question, pretty sure those hipsters would bounce off a ray lewis or james harrison. Cute socks though.

Ok, ok, I will give you that point, Lewis would probably have a knife on field under all that padding.

They would bounce off and run the field scoring a goal and being back to position in 30 seconds while your guys are still patting each others asses and smiling at how well paid they are.

Grizz
Grizz Reader
9/11/11 9:54 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Did you even watch the youtube clip, they get hit harder, faster and keep running without pads, your 330 lb prima donna would be doubled up catching his breath trying to keep up with one of these real men.

No, it only looks like they get hit harder because there aren't any pads involved. It's really that simple. Plus, I don't get the whole "they're fags cuz they wear pads" argument anyway, the only reasons the pads are there is so the players can hit/gethit as hard as humanly possible without getting injured every berkeleying play, and because the NFL found out that a lot of the players were ending up 80 year old alzheimers paitients by the time they hit their 50s. Same principle as mandatory helmets in hockey. Are you going to call someone a prima donna for racing in a class that requires a roll cage? No? Then shush.

aussiesmg wrote: How would your 330 lb prima donna get up after one of these hits, ours don't even stop unless they are out cold and even then the game goes on while the player is removed.

Better question, how quickly would your entire team be carted off the field if they lined up against a defensive line without pads?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
9/11/11 10:02 p.m.

Shush, really, man you really toughed up this discussion.

You can only hit as hard as you can hit, we don't hold back because of no padding sweetie.

Racing class without a helmet, how is that relevant to football comparisons, oh did you take a few hits too many, sorry mate didn't realize you were special.

Part 2 depends upon how many knives your guys are carrying. Otherwise, if your prima donnas ever went on field without pads you can discuss my guys lining up against them, (like that'll ever happen) they should be rested enough while the other half of the team were on field still against our same full team on field for the whole game.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
9/12/11 7:41 a.m.

Anything that requires helmets should be done on a berkeleying motorbike or in a car.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
9/12/11 8:05 a.m.

And Id be willing to bet all rugby players are all stellar, law abiding citizens off the field right...not a drunken wife beater or horse puncher in the lot. All the PUNCHING and ANAL FINGERING is kept strictly on field, is that right? Cuz, contrary to popular belief, its manly to jam your hands into another guys sweaty rectum. Cool, glad to hear that its easy to call the kettle black. Nice work. GHEY

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
9/12/11 8:09 a.m.

I personally think knives, cudgels and war hammers would liven up the game. Football is just make-believe war play anyway... so why not stop playing?

They would need a lot more "extras" but the jails are over-crowded as it is.

NickF40
NickF40 Dork
9/12/11 11:14 a.m.

Aussie, i'm with ya! Your damn right

fastEddie
fastEddie SuperDork
9/12/11 12:03 p.m.

Waaaaa.....!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
9/12/11 2:33 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: And Id be willing to bet all rugby players are all stellar, law abiding citizens off the field right...not a drunken wife beater or horse puncher in the lot. All the PUNCHING and ANAL FINGERING is kept strictly on field, is that right? Cuz, contrary to popular belief, its manly to jam your hands into another guys sweaty rectum. Cool, glad to hear that its easy to call the kettle black. Nice work. GHEY

Wrong sport, sport, keep up with the big boys

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
9/12/11 8:08 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: I'm surprised you don't have a career in comedy! That was hilarious AND smart! Got a sister? Nah you've already called dibs on that.

You should do the same, I haven't heard garbage like that since I was in middle school which coincidentally is probably the same place you finished your education.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
9/12/11 10:16 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote:
poopshovel wrote: I'm surprised you don't have a career in comedy! That was hilarious AND smart! Got a sister? Nah you've already called dibs on that.
You should do the same, I haven't heard garbage like that since I was in middle school which coincidentally is probably the same place you finished your education.

Says the guy who hasn't finished college? Or maybe you're one of many enginerd/pizza delivery experts from UCF. If you're looking for a job I need someone to sweep the floor and clean toilets, though I'm guessing you'd figure out a way to berkeley that up. Maybe you could make me up a spreadsheet on how to do it more efficiently.

Save the weaksmack for the shining gay knights frisbee golf messageboards.

REALLY though. You should probably stay in school. I'm guessing by the time mommy and daddy's money runs out, the obama will be handing out taxpayer subsidies for hair-gel as an alternate energy source.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut SuperDork
9/12/11 10:42 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Save the weaksmack for the shining gay knights frisbee golf messageboards.

Frisbee golfers don't wear pads, they're hard berkeleyin' core.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
9/12/11 11:00 p.m.

No disrespect to the PDGA. Represent.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DQ8WywwHQFM2ghD0UqagQ2Inhy1wYVClPx81OqPuYWKVNongLMfvUV72PO1UH9Tt