Crazy chicks 

I have news for you.

That's the first thing you want on there [...]

Feels real good until it goes real bad!

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
8/28/19 2:54 p.m.

News flash!

Regarding the "ruined" t-shirt I referred to in the original post:  I knew better than to even try wiping it off when I noticed it on my shirt, so I just let it dry.  A couple hours later, I just peeled the whole bit of it off like a big sticky booger.  Tore a few fibers, but the shirt will see the light of day once more!

So, if you do happen to get dryer adhesive on your hootus, don't rub it!  Wait for it to dry and peel it off.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/28/19 3:29 p.m.
T.J. said:

Seems like a better thread would be one where we list all the things that are ok to get on your hootus. That list is shorter.

I think I've got that covered above, but I'm always open to suggestions.

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
8/28/19 3:53 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:
wae said:

We used to grow some habs in the backyard and I was making chili with them once.  After cutting up everything, including the peppers, I had to go to the bathroom and that all turned out okay.  As I was washing my hands afterwards, though, it started to hit me like a blowtorch.  This was before kids, so I ran from the kitchen upstairs to the master bath throwing my clothes off and screaming the whole way for my wife to get the rubbing alcohol and to meet me in the bathroom.  It took her a full hour to stop laughing, but I always wash my hands before going to the bathroom now.

There's a saying that's relevant here: "A good scientist washes their hands both before AND after going to the bathroom." Works for any science involving chemicals or biological materials.

IIRC the original "don't get it on your hootus" thread started when the guy didn't wash his hands before going to the bathroom, after painting with Herculiner.

I always wash my hands before and after. Nobody touches that with dirty hands, and even the king is not above the law. I'm not a king or a scientist either.

RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
8/28/19 4:29 p.m.
1988RedT2 said:

News flash!

So, if you do happen to get dryer adhesive on your hootus, don't rub it!  Wait for it to dry and peel it off.

Don't rub your hootus. Got it!

Sparkydog
Sparkydog Reader
8/28/19 7:55 p.m.

A little refresher on how to tell if you do in fact have some crazy on your hootus.

Crazy hot chart

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/28/19 11:22 p.m.
1988RedT2 said:

So, if you do happen to get Amy on your hootus, don't rub it!  Wait for it to dry and peel it off.

Also applicable advice.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc SuperDork
8/28/19 11:50 p.m.

For a variety of reasons, ranging from  the terrible ergonomics of a training cart, to moving a lot of heavy equipment, to hauling bales of hay and sacks of feed, I had periods of lower back pain when I was a horse trainer. 

After hot shower, I was rubbing some blue lotion horse liniment on my lower back, when I tipped the bottle on my scrotum.

Thankfully, there was no one else in the barn when I came tearing out of tack room and squatted underneath the water faucet in the shedrow.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
8/29/19 12:25 a.m.
Stefan said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Por15

Amy

Fire

Gasoline 

FTFY

Stories I probably don't want to hear but also really want to hear sometime.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
8/29/19 7:57 a.m.

IIRC the original "don't get it on your hootus" thread started when the guy didn't wash his hands before going to the bathroom, after painting with Herculiner.

I think THIS is the original thread.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
8/29/19 8:20 a.m.
Floating Doc said:

For a variety of reasons, ranging from  the terrible ergonomics of a training cart, to moving a lot of heavy equipment, to hauling bales of hay and sacks of feed, I had periods of lower back pain when I was a horse trainer. 

After hot shower, I was rubbing some blue lotion horse liniment on my lower back, when I tipped the bottle on my scrotum.

Thankfully, there was no one else in the barn when I came tearing out of tack room and squatted underneath the water faucet in the shedrow.

Ironically that stuff is supposed to relieve pain, which reminds me of the most painful thing that ever happened to me. I woke up with extremely painful nuts (which turned out to be due to some kind of crystals forming in my epididymis), and after a bunch of painkillers failed to dull the pain sufficiently I tried spraying a numbing spray called Nut-Med (because it's made from walnuts or something, it's not meant for your nuts) on my scrotum. Well even though that spray worked well on other body parts, on my sack it stung like a mofo and only added to the pain, so at that point I was doubled over and seeing red static over my vision.

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
8/29/19 8:59 a.m.

Cbd oil?

egnorant
egnorant SuperDork
8/29/19 9:05 a.m.

"A good scientist washes their hands both before AND after going to the bathroom." Works for any science involving chemicals or biological materials."

We use this in the restaurant industry too. I learned this by slicing Jalapenos. First time was just rinse hands...second time was wash hands 3 times...third was using gloves to slice said jalapenos...then get promoted and let others slice jalapenos. 

Also, don't let the pets get near when spraying expanding foam insulation.

Bruce

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
8/29/19 9:21 a.m.

Long story but if you have shampoo all over your hootus and get interrupted make sure you wash it all off. Dried shampoo hootus is not a good thing. 

NermalSnert
NermalSnert Reader
8/29/19 9:37 a.m.

"A ruptured fuel tank filled the cockpit with fuel, and could have ignited at the tiniest spark with Stewart trapped inside." Jackie Stewart would probably say "gas"

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/29/19 10:12 a.m.
Floating Doc said:

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
8/29/19 10:21 a.m.

On a related note, if you have this on your hands, watch where you touch your significant other. 

Wally
Wally MegaDork
9/7/19 8:20 a.m.

Add Belt Sander to the list.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc SuperDork
9/7/19 10:15 a.m.
Wally said:

Add Belt Sander to the list.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I would think that would be obvious!

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
9/7/19 11:04 a.m.

In reply to The0retical :

Skydrol is wicked nasty. That stuff has sent many a friend to the clinic.

java230
java230 UltraDork
9/7/19 9:42 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

Do we need to hear a story? 

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
9/7/19 10:57 p.m.

I think I would add Silver Nitrite to the list. I will definitely add Epoxy.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
9/7/19 11:04 p.m.

In reply to java230 :

I clicked the link and read the headline. Apparently instructions were unclear and British man got hootus caught in a belt sander.

Curtis
Curtis UltimaDork
9/8/19 2:44 p.m.

One thing that seems like shouldn't touch your hootus is actually a really amazing experience.  It feels like a cool April breeze on your naughty bits.

Image result for gold bond powder

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FH7S1vMcuZkPQmRQY8DqMxaQbz4NCimVgc3Gtr9quAjAytrHZhZjLNV32SniV5GJ