1 2
nickel_dime
nickel_dime Dork
7/7/11 10:44 a.m.

A buddy of mine couldn't figure out why the batteries in the collar kept running down and the dog getting out. Then he came home one day and saw the dog laying in the warning zone with the beeper going. The dog would lay there until the beeper quit then go do what ever it wanted.

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
7/7/11 10:55 a.m.
nickel_dime wrote: A buddy of mine couldn't figure out why the batteries in the collar kept running down and the dog getting out. Then he came home one day and saw the dog laying in the warning zone with the beeper going. The dog would lay there until the beeper quit then go do what ever it wanted.

That's one smart dog.

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
7/7/11 11:38 a.m.

Thanks to all for the varied experiences.
The yard is not conducive to chain link of typical wall/fence. I hope the electric will meet my needs. As noted by many, yes, I will really lay on the training. These are not the type of dogs to spend time outside, rather dogs that need to go out to pee but come in pretty quickly thereafter.
My goal for the fence is so that I do not have to be out in the cold/snow/rain with them when they have to out there. Oh, the cruel exisitence of a dog.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
z4VapFilcV6bzTiEjejhgQvtfoShqaETFgEE8kVyJeSMb0jQk2dRb0IwsBc74g0z