11 12 13
T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
1/24/15 1:31 p.m.

This link just made my theory seem a whole lot more plausible. I would guess they've been doing it for the past 5 seasons.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2015/01/ballghazi_the_new_england_patriots_lose_an_insanely_low_number_of_fumbles.html

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
1/25/15 11:15 a.m.

I think this will all blow over. Whatever the patsies do to the ball to get it to feel right, creates heat and that raises the pressure. Somehow they get the ball hot enough so that when it cools the pressure is a bit low where Brady likes it. Not sure how Brady can say he likes a ball right at 12.5 psi and his coach can say that his QBs cannot reliably distinguish even a 2 psi difference between otherwise identical balls. That is BS. It will come out that they followed the letter of the rule just as Beliicheat says. It will also come out that they have not been following the spirit of the rules, but how can they be blamed for loose rules?

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
1/25/15 11:42 a.m.

Keep hating all you Pats haters. It makes us stronger!!!

I just love that everyone is "reporting" this or that, but no facts with documented PSI figures have come out from the NFL. My guess is they never will. Until then I don't see how we as a country can find the Patriots or any other team guilty of anything. Did all these "reporters" have a eyewitness in the locker room before the game looking at the refs doing proper PSI checks on all the footballs, and at halftime? I doubt it. I also doubt this was documented at the start of the game. Probably at halftime, but not before.

I am looking at this through patsies colored glasses while in my Pats feety pajamas, but this seems like a witch hunt. I love that coach Bill gave the entire league, and all the haters a giant middle finger yesterday with his press conference! Also squashed the spygate nonsense while E36 M3ting on a local Boston "reporter". Telling him how it was that they got busted(justifiably) for filming(which is legal) from the wrong location in front of 80k people. I agree just as he does that the were wrong, but lets drop it. The filming wasn't illegal, just where the camera was located. Get over it people! The Patriots have been dominant over the last decade plus.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Dork
1/25/15 8:17 p.m.

I think that if Belichick is found to have known about The Deflation (my nickname), he should be suspended next season for 3 or so games along with Tom Brady. I think it's practically impossible that Brady wouldn't be involved with deflating footballs that he is going to throw all game. I don't want them suspended for the Super Bowl because the narrative would be about how a minor cheating scandal cost them a realistic chance to win the Super Bowl.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/25/15 11:38 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote:
Javelin wrote:
Datsun1500 wrote: So now it has been determined that New England cheated, why do they still get to advance? That only tells people thst theres no real penalty for cheating.
It's not cheating unless they did it deliberately. Considering the ref inspects the balls 2 hours before the game, and then they sit with the ball boys and not the teams, how or why would they even do it? Not to mention both teams play with the same balls. 2 psi could easily be lost just by temperature and pressure changes.
I hate to derail this thread with facts, but This Article sums it up pretty well. Both teams bring balls that they use for offense. Both were inspected before the game and were OK. During and after the game the New England ones were measured and not OK. To counter your statement above, no both teams do not use the same ones and if it was temp and pressure changes, it would have affected the Colts balls too. It's pretty obvious that someone cheated.

didn't I read that the NE balls used in the second half were correctly inflated … and that was the portion of the game when NE handed Indy their ass … so making the balls easier to grip and catch had nothing much to do with the outcome … regardless of who's responsible

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/25/15 11:41 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: Cheating is cheating, and they should be forced to forfeit that game.

LOL … well that's not going to happen …

and someone posted earlier that the Pats got a slap on the wrist for spy gate … half a million $$$$ and their first round draft choice … that's more a back hand across the face

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/25/15 11:44 p.m.
Ponder wrote: I wish the Patriots had deflated Blount a little bit. Man, the Colts defenders couldn't get a grip on him. That was hard to watch. I'm a little miffed that it was Bob Kravitz (former Indianapolis start columnist) that broke this story. Now it looks like Indy is whining again about the big bad Patriots. Kravitz was on Levitard last night and said that Belichick should be fired or suspended from the Superbowl. That was entertaining. I can see lowering the pressure in the balls to the minimum allowable for those conditions, but you need to be careful not to go below the minimum. I have no idea what the punishment should be. Kravitz said that the Colts D-back that had the interception noticed it.

and he has claimed that he never said anything to anyone … shrug

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/26/15 12:01 a.m.

I say if Belichick is found to have cheated, he should be forced to wear grown up clothes.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/26/15 9:45 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed:

That would work, along with shaving Brady's head.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
1/26/15 10:21 a.m.

Belichick is a smart man. He's gone on record saying that they followed the letter of the rule. He wouldn't say that if it were not true. The ball prep procedure of which he was really vague about generates heat in the ball so that when it cools off the pressure is lower than the spec, even when it is set to the low end of the spec by the official prior to game time. Listen to what the man told us. They follow the letter of the rule. He didn't say they follow the spirit of the rule. The rule specifies a pressure and not a temperature, so it is not a very exact rule. Belichick is smart, competitive and ruthless. He is paid to win football games. Nothing will come of this at all other than the league may re-word the rule. They should let the officials provide the balls and not the teams, but that won't happen.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
1/26/15 10:40 a.m.

I'm looking forward to the game. I want to see how the Pats' secondary plays compared to how the hawks' secondary plays. I want to see how Blount runs compared to Marshawn. I hope Brady throws 40+ pass attempts just because I'd like to see how the Seattle D handles it compared to say the Ravens from a few weeks ago (Brady threw 50 times in that game.) The only way I figure he'll throw that much is if Seattle gets a lead though. I still say Seattle by 12.

11 12 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
93v3fKuvsY2mlh0dpfySHx5x0rPETQll1puIMZ5qfh3e2nKfG3UmXU30g2pRBd0R