1 2 3 4
Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
11/12/14 7:42 p.m.
Tmc22 wrote: As for me... Well, I'm a Panthers fan, and after our most recent primetime embarrassment, I have no trash to talk.

As a fan of the team that provided said embarrassment, I know better than trash-talk. In a way, I'm impressed with the Eagles coaching staff. So many times in the past they would "play down to the level" of teams with losing records. For once, they played like a team with a winning record should play against a 3-6-1 team.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
11/12/14 7:43 p.m.

We may not be prime time. But at the very least our rivers don't catch on fire...think about that for a minute...the freaking RIVER caught on FIRE. Cleveland

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
11/12/14 7:45 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
logdog wrote: As a Browns fan, I never get to talk smack. However spending a few days in Pittsburgh while Cleveland is on top of the division is an awesome way to make up for it. I was flapping my yap all day. The Steelers losing to the Jets certainly helps put some salt in the wounds. Luckily I will be safely back in Michigan by the time Cleveland screws it up.
SOLIDLY in the first spot. For what? 36 hours now? Don't worry. The Brown-eyes will be back to the bottom where they belong before you know it. If it's brown, flush it down! Seriously. You are aware every team in the division has 6 (ish) wins, right? I wouldn't go pounding my chest just yet. Especially knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that on the odd chance the Brown-eyes or Bungholes make it to the playoffs, you berkeleytards will blow it in the first round.

And that there is some proper smack-talk. Well done, sir.

Lancer007
Lancer007 Dork
11/12/14 8:31 p.m.

My mom and her whole side of the family are from Pittsburgh for at least 3 generations that I'm aware of. Been rooting for the Pirates, Penguins and Steelers for as long as I've been into sports.

As a lifelong Steelers fan I have no illusions about my team. After they beat Baltimore, I was upbeat about that but I have no doubt in them to fall on thier faces in spectacular fashion. Car and point: last Sunday. Todd Hailey is an idiot and needs to be taken out back behind the wood shed and put out of his and our misery.

I can also understand why people dont like them. When the Steelers are doing well the bandwagoners come out and get loud and obnoxious. The sake can be said for loyal fans often as well. I just stick to my Polamalu jersey and Steelers beer mug on game days and maybe my hat every so often and take solace in the fact that I'm not a Raiders or Cowboys fan.

Tmc22
Tmc22 New Reader
11/12/14 8:36 p.m.

Despite everything, I still haven't given up on our season. Look at the NFC South. No teams above .500. We are half a game out of first place at 3-6-1. It's as good a year as any for us to suck, maybe we can still make the playoffs if we scrape it together late.

GCooper
GCooper Reader
11/12/14 8:47 p.m.
patgizz wrote: i've yet to hear any bengal fans admit they got curb stomped on thursday night by us. first place feels odd. kinda like it's been so long that i don't know how to feel or act because of it. i'm very confused. happy, but confused. can't wait until we lay a beat down on baltimore at the end of the regular season.

Admit?!? I called it weeks in advance. The bengals are not very good this year, and I'm not really sold on new coordinators.

That being said, no one really stand out as dominant in the division. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

So nice work on that win (Dalton even gift wrapped it for you)

And congrats on sucking less than usual this year.

logdog
logdog Dork
11/12/14 9:19 p.m.
GCooper wrote: And congrats on sucking less than usual this year.

Thats the best compliment I could hope to get!

GCooper
GCooper Reader
11/12/14 9:39 p.m.
logdog wrote:
GCooper wrote: And congrats on sucking less than usual this year.
Thats the best compliment I could hope to get!

I'm still bitter; I bet my uncle a 6-pack last season that the browns would win 6 games.

He didn't even have the courtesy to share.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe SuperDork
11/12/14 11:14 p.m.

I am from San Diego.

Klayfish
Klayfish UltraDork
11/13/14 6:43 a.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to Tmc22: I have been a fan of Newton since he was at Auburn.....great QB that has just been underutilized and been flying under the radar. They're slowly improving the supporting cast down there as well. If they keep this up, they'll be a contender for years to come.

My 10 year old son idolizes Peyton Manning. His 7 year old brother has chosen Cam Newton as his football hero. I try to convince him to find someone else to look up to. I'm sorry, I just don't see him as a good quarterback. Awesome athelete? Yes. Good quarterback? No way. Poor mechanics, questionable decision making (I mean on the field). Monday nights' game was a perfect example. Yes, the rest of the team didn't play well, but Newton made terrible plays and seemed totally disinterested. My bet is that in a few years he's either a journeyman back-up and/or is thought of as a bust.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
11/13/14 11:45 a.m.

In reply to Klayfish:

And that gentleman is the curse of being drafted by a garbage team......hell, just think of the world of E36 M3 Trent Richardson would still be in if we hadn't tempted the Brownies with that late 1st rd draft pick(that we knew they would waste like always)

On a somewhat strange note, I'm in the middle of the 2016 season on Madden's franchise mode.....and the Bears have Dez Bryant, Demaryious Thomas, and Hakeem Nicks......and they are still 0-7 in simulation land

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
11/13/14 8:38 p.m.
Lancer007 wrote: My mom and her whole side of the family are from Pittsburgh for at least 3 generations that I'm aware of. Been rooting for the Pirates, Penguins and Steelers for as long as I've been into sports. As a lifelong Steelers fan I have no illusions about my team. After they beat Baltimore, I was upbeat about that but I have no doubt in them to fall on thier faces in spectacular fashion. Car and point: last Sunday. Todd Hailey is an idiot and needs to be taken out back behind the wood shed and put out of his and our misery. I can also understand why people dont like them. When the Steelers are doing well the bandwagoners come out and get loud and obnoxious. The sake can be said for loyal fans often as well. I just stick to my Polamalu jersey and Steelers beer mug on game days and maybe my hat every so often and take solace in the fact that I'm not a Raiders or Cowboys fan.

Tell these supposed "fans" I'll gladly pay $10 + shipping for their Stillers gear. I've never known a "fair weather" Stillers fan. I have, living in North Georgia, rocking my E36 M3, heard a godzillion times "Oh, my (aunt, uncle, mom, dad, friend, dog) is from the 'burgh is a HUGE (crazy, whatever) Stillers fan," to which my response is always "Is there any other kind?"

I was born in 1978, so I missed the heyday. But I suffered through Mark Malone, Bubby Brister, Neil O'Donell, berkeleyin Kordell, Tommy Boy, and now "Rapelisberger," and I ain't about to stop now.

I HAVE witnessed all the fair weather Dolphins, Broncos, Suckaneers, and now Atlanta "fans" in my time, and I'm THOROUGHLY looking forward to watching the ATL Mudbirds get berkeleying stomped live, at home, with turrible towels a million waving on December 14, and fully anticipate more Stillers fans than sorry ass Mudbirds "fans." And yes, you can bet your berkeleying ass I'll be a 'loud, obnoxious," towel-waiving motherberkeleyer.

And to their credit: I know a bunch of die-hard Browns and Bengals fans, which keeps the whole thing really fun. Respect to them. Ravens "fans?" Never met one. Perhaps all their fans are either dead or in jail.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
11/13/14 8:51 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel:

Nah, they were all murdered by Ray Lewis after he retired.....

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
11/13/14 8:59 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to poopshovel: Nah, they were all murdered by Ray Lewis after he retired.....

Stabbin Ray, KO Ray, you know....

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
11/14/14 11:35 a.m.

I am a big Patriots fan, HOWEVER, there are two types of Pats fans: the kind who blindly follow in the path of Belichick, and those who are like Ramsey from last year's Budweiser commercial who constantly E36 M3 on the team for good luck. I am the latter. My friends and my wife hate me for it. The true Pats fans are the most cynical fans in all of sports.

I have to say, earlier this year, things were not looking good. I though Brady was going to get traded for a typical Belichick value package and we would be crap for the rest of the year. Then, the team lost some big defensive players. But they have only lost two games so far and have somehow flipped a switch that turned them into a complete juggernaut on both sides of the ball. I love it.

I am a believer that defense wins games. Gunslinging got them nowhere, so it's refreshing to see the defense playing like the team that won the Super Bowl 3 times in 4 years. I am hoping they can win it one more time with #12.

BTW, if you are a fan of football, follow Tom Brady on social media. Somewhere along the way this year he decided to just be ridiculous. He (or his PR staff) has been posting all sorts of embarrassing crap all season. It is fantastic.

ScreaminE
ScreaminE HalfDork
11/14/14 12:02 p.m.

I'm a default Steelers fan. Married a Pittsburgh Girl. I actually pull for them Brownies because I didn't grow up here and could care less about the rivalry.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
11/14/14 1:13 p.m.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
11/14/14 1:17 p.m.

berkeley you, Pam.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
11/14/14 2:01 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:

LOL

He was trolling Brian Hoyer and Ryan Mallett yesterday, especially Mallett. He posted a pic of him as a rookie carrying Brady and Hoyer's gear to the locker room.

Both Hoyer and Mallett were Brady's backups, and I'm secretly rooting for Hoyer this year because I cannot stand Johnny Manziel.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
11/14/14 3:24 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: berkeley you, Pam.

That was an awesome day when I watched that live..... Harnish IIRC

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver UltraDork
11/16/14 7:09 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: Green Bay is a mediocre to poor team with a great quarterback.

Mediocre to poor teams don't put 53 points on the board, with just one great player.

yupididit
yupididit Reader
11/16/14 7:28 p.m.

Rothlisberger has been as a qb, underrated his whole career. When his O-line is actually working he is amazing. And when the O-line is on vacation he still figures out a way. Now their defense just can't hang.

Can you imagine the Steelers record if Ben wasn't making fantastic throws to his great receiving core?

jmthunderbirdturbo
jmthunderbirdturbo HalfDork
11/16/14 7:40 p.m.

browns go first to fourth in one day.

NFL - Not For Long!

-J0N

logdog
logdog Dork
11/16/14 8:09 p.m.
jmthunderbirdturbo wrote: browns go first to fourth in one day. NFL - Not For Long! -J0N

It was a good ride.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
11/16/14 8:19 p.m.

Im not a browns fan; however, I think hoyer is underrated. Their games are always on so I watch while doing whatever in the early afternoon and his receivers are offensive. If they could catch that whole team would look better. As Charlie Brown would say "good grief".

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WhbMUTPQqQkPVVMsCubFA86WTDU1Ww9atsnRpVGForAWIPkwxg25x9ZnnGrFQbXd