1 2 3
failboat
failboat Dork
9/12/12 6:41 p.m.

Not sure if this warrants its own thread yet or not?

So its pretty much confirmed that this game is not Forza 5, but an open environment racing/driving game, and from what I have read from a few reviews, I would say its confirmed that you turn all the assists off and it feels just like Forza. Whether or not you can actually tune the cars or not is unclear. I can't see why they would intentionally exclude that if the physics are the same.

Also, 8 player multiplayer free roaming the environment. I am hoping its implemented like Test Drive Unlimited where you drive around by yourself, random nearby players will pass you by and up to 8 on your map at a time, or you can "join" your friends in a group and have up to 8.

The whole thing that pushed me to make a dedicated post about the game though is this car reveal today.....

2012 Eagle Speedster -- The bumper-to-bumper beauty that is the Eagle Speedster will have you gasping for breath and reaching for your (virtual) wallet in Forza Horizon. If the chopped windscreen, classic Jaguar E-type lines, and low-slung cockpit doesn’t fire your synapses into a frenzy then you have probably flat-lined. The Eagle Speedster is a vintage ride with all the technology of today.

Other Car reveals here: Forza Horizon Car Reveal Album

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
9/12/12 7:09 p.m.

Haven't seen enough to make up my mind yet. My initial reaction is that they're going after the arcade market with Horizon..but if the thing lets you recreate open road races (Silver State Classic/Sandhills/Big Bend/Carrera Panamericana), I might be interested.

Not being able to tune would concern me, though.

yamaha
yamaha HalfDork
9/12/12 9:03 p.m.

I still think its in retaliation for ea. Withholding the porsche rights from fm4......I was burned out on this style after most wanted back on ps2......wont buy. But will be watching.

EvanB
EvanB UberDork
9/12/12 9:07 p.m.

I thought this was going to be about a Plymouth Horizon you could race in Forza.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
9/12/12 9:08 p.m.

I'm waiting. Not sure if want yet. Still sounds arcadey.

yamaha
yamaha HalfDork
9/12/12 9:22 p.m.

In reply to EvanB:

There is always the omni.......

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
9/12/12 10:57 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: Haven't seen enough to make up my mind yet. My initial reaction is that they're going after the arcade market with Horizon..but if the thing lets you recreate open road races (Silver State Classic/Sandhills/Big Bend/Carrera Panamericana), I might be interested. Not being able to tune would concern me, though.

Everything he said.

failboat
failboat Dork
9/13/12 4:20 a.m.

I preorderd. But I am a Forza fanboy soo... 5ish more weeks till release!

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/13/12 8:47 a.m.

I am watching. If it allows me to tune cars, I will buy. If it doesn't then I am out. I don't really play Forza anymore cause it is far to serious. I just don't really do simulation racing games that much but the arcade driving dynamics drive me nuts so I really love this idea.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
9/13/12 8:54 a.m.

I will probably get it. It is what it is, an arcade style racing game mixed with a simulator. Its not like its Need For Speed or anything.

scardeal
scardeal Dork
9/13/12 9:49 a.m.

Not interested...

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH PowerDork
9/13/12 9:51 a.m.

Sounds like they're making a clone of Test Drive Unlimited...which I wasn't interested in due to the "pay-to-win" crap.

failboat
failboat Dork
9/13/12 8:20 p.m.

Well.....I was holding out hope for tuning, but I was told to go re-read an article I read last week. It does say in here that you cant tune.

http://omgdrift.com/first-impressions-omgdrift-plays-forza-horizon/

Dont care, something to hold me over till GTA5 and Forza 5 then.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
9/13/12 9:29 p.m.
failboat wrote: Well.....I was holding out hope for tuning, but I was told to go re-read an article I read last week. It does say in here that you cant tune. http://omgdrift.com/first-impressions-omgdrift-plays-forza-horizon/ Dont care, something to hold me over till GTA5 and Forza 5 then.

Scary article. This whole stuff about 'bringing the racers and gamers closer together' (yeah, paraphrased) is why I hated Forza 3 online so much.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
9/27/12 7:45 a.m.

I finally bit the bullet and pre-ordered, mainly because most people are saying this is kinda like a much more polished version of TDU: 2 with the Forza physics engine.

I watched a video the other night that claimed that the traditional Forza mods could be applied to any car, and there was supposed to be basic tuning. I'm guessing it's probably a more simplistic slider setup vs. Forza 4's where you can tune just about everything.

But carving up back roads or blasting down highways in hypercars sounds pretty appealing sometimes, so I'll probably play this in conjunction with F4 until Forza 5 comes along.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
9/27/12 8:03 a.m.

In reply to Racer1ab:

Think my G4S paint scheme will transfer?

TheBootsy
TheBootsy New Reader
9/27/12 8:23 a.m.

No Tuning = No Sale.

If it's really the same physics engine from 4, why couldn't they have kept it in for Horizon?

Only game I'm getting this month is Resident Evil 6.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
9/27/12 8:30 a.m.

In reply to N Sperlo:

I've read all the F4 liveries will, possibly even the F3 ones.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
9/27/12 8:41 a.m.

In reply to Racer1ab:

I'll be sure too make it available to you. Be sure to put it in the worst car available.

e_pie
e_pie HalfDork
9/27/12 9:16 a.m.

Might actually get an Xbox for this one.

yamaha
yamaha Dork
9/27/12 9:35 a.m.
TheBootsy wrote: No Tuning = No Sale. If it's really the same physics engine from 4, why couldn't they have kept it in for Horizon? Only game I'm getting this month is Resident Evil 6.

Probably disk space......they were already saying they had to reduce graphics just to get day and night racing on it....

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
9/27/12 9:41 a.m.

I'm torn on this one. I've hear rumor that I won't be able to port any of my f4 cars (which sucks) but it's supposed to be a replacement for TDU (which is awesome). Won't support more than 8 players on a map (which sucks) but I don't know enough people online for that to be a problem ( which is meh)....

TheBootsy
TheBootsy New Reader
9/27/12 9:54 a.m.
yamaha wrote: Probably disk space......they were already saying they had to reduce graphics just to get day and night racing on it....

That's just the thing, my Forza tuning file on the Xbox is only a few kb's big. And I have hundreds of tunes.

I guess they didn't want to scare the children away.

yamaha
yamaha Dork
9/27/12 11:18 a.m.

In reply to TheBootsy:

Perhaps right....idk I'll prolly enjoy all the douches going to horizon instead of berkeleying up the fm4 public hoppers.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
9/27/12 11:22 a.m.
yamaha wrote: I'll prolly enjoy all the douches going to horizon instead of berkeleying up the fm4 public hoppers.

I will go ahead and apologize now if you are getting trolled by Russian Saab 99 police cars in the drift lobbies. I iz one of them.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mgR300N1X0P40VukFtmH4xn3KJaTimcIePZndSLf8nISsadTECLbtM4KzJn5pxFC