2 3 4 5 6
jde
jde Reader
10/11/12 8:33 a.m.
failboat wrote: I think...you can still download demos even if you don't have xbox live gold. just a matter of getting the box hooked up to a high speed connection. Just a thought.

I believe I read that it is exclusive to Gold members this week, and available to Silver members next week.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
10/11/12 8:41 a.m.
stanger_missle wrote: I DL'd it as soon as I got home from work yesterday. I'm kinda dissappinted that the "open world" limits you to about 10ft off the road. I wanna take my Evo through a fence, across a field and off a mountain. I have been playing Fuel the past few weeks, so maybe I'm spoiled. I am impressed by the amount of roads to drive on though. I tend to free drive for hours, trying to find a cool area or secret. I did manage to get behind the Mustang vs. Mustang trailer. Then I fell through the map LOL. Who else hit some traffic head on in the opening race? My brain stuttered my confronted with traffic. "I'll just take this corner a little wide to get around this guy.... OH E36 M3! Smash. Wait, that was a car. That I'm NOT racing. Going the opposite way." Mind = blown

Yep, I smacked the first oncoming car i saw, I was mid powerslide half in the dirt trying to get around that ferrari. It did not end well.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
10/11/12 9:01 a.m.

Dominik Farnbacher's SRT

Uncoiled
Uncoiled Reader
10/11/12 8:50 p.m.

Demo is pretty fun, I'll be getting it when it comes out. Looks like a lot of cool cars to get a hold of as usual.

failboat
failboat Dork
10/13/12 7:43 a.m.

I finally fired up the demo last night with the Fanatec. With all the assists off, the Mustang and Viper are a handful. And the wheel feedback feels great. Close enough to simulation as far as I'm concerned, I think its a perfect feel for the game.

I have been digging up and reading a lot of info the past day or two, here we go...

No simulation damage available, its all just cosmetic.

You don't even have to import your catalogue FM4 layer groups, in the paint shop you can just select the option to load an FM4 layer group. You still cannot load full liveries from FM4, layer groups only.

Theres some speculation that the final release car list may be 127 cars + 9 barn finds. This does not include pre-order bonus cars, DLC, or unicorns. See videos:
http://www.xboxfront.de/news-2811-32285-Forza_Horizon_Xbox_360_EXKLUSIV_Alle_Autos_alle_Hersteller_alle_Leistungsdaten_.html
I have my doubts about this still, there are a lot of confirmed cars (with screen shots and such) that are not shown in here. This swedish review however mentions 180 cars....I am guessing its just a matter of certain cars being unavailable when you first start the game.
http://www.gamereactor.se/recensioner/73121/Forza+Horizon/

More on the game and the cars:
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/FH_UTH_10_10_12/

Turn 10 Developer said: In terms of the collection of cars itself, the rule was we wanted cars that felt authentic to the world of the Horizon Festival. That means we cut out the bottom chunk of cars on the performance scale – the entry-level cars you might play in Forza Motorsport. At the same time, we cut out the race cars too, which just didn’t feel right to the spirit of the game.

some people already have a green disc copy of the game, and are posting screen shots, check it out http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/ShowThread.aspx?PostID=5777518#5777518

Dont let that Mini shot give you any false hope, the guy who shot it said he wanst sure how it happened, he did not drive it off the cliff like it appears. little glitch.

Demo for XBL Silver indeed becomes available on the 16th.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
10/13/12 8:30 a.m.

Just got my call last night from the game store elves telling me that they're considering doing a midnight release for this and the new Medal of Honor game if there's enough interest.

I get out of work at midnight, and the game shop CAN be right on the way home if I take the highway.

Why not?

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
10/13/12 7:28 p.m.

Those screens looks better then the Demo too. Getting pretty excited about this.

How long till me make our own Cannonball?

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
10/16/12 1:26 a.m.

So... I just realized if you dont cross the finish line for the race against Flynt, you can just drive around the rest of the demo map, But cant do the speed traps.

Fun Fact/Pro tip

Or, I'm late to the party.

failboat
failboat Dork
10/16/12 4:39 a.m.

It took me a few plays of the demo to figure that out. Another thing you can do is after you finish a race, if you challenge a rival, the race has no end timer so you can go explore open side roads without the race timing out.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
10/17/12 1:34 a.m.

Yeah i tried that right after. Pretty cool driving around the sorta/kinda hoover dam.

failboat
failboat SuperDork
10/17/12 9:03 a.m.

OK. December Expansion Pack info just released. Linked article includes details about the Season Pass for horizon.

Rally Expansion Pack. http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Rally_Expansion_Announce/

berkeley yeah

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
10/17/12 9:06 a.m.

I played the demo a bit the other day. It was pretty fun. I may well pick it up.

failboat
failboat SuperDork
10/17/12 9:15 a.m.

Its kind of irritating that the whole season pass is another $50. On top of a new game I just paid $60 for, and the monthly DLC is now 6 cars, not 10. I kind of justify it by thinking how I only really buy 1 game a year or so, and I'll be damned if Im going to not get all that content to enhance the game.

But still. $110 in right off the bat, and after 6 months, whatever else the additional DLC packs cost. Please don't tell my wife.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
10/17/12 11:02 a.m.

I tried to resist the DLC phenomenon for awhile, but it appears that it's here to stay, so I guess I'll just restrict my game purchases to a few per year to make up for it.

If you guys have saves from Forza 3/Forza 4 up to level 50, you get a few cars to start as a loyalty reward.

Lv01 – 2011 MINI Cooper S

Lv05 – 2011 Citroen DS3 Racing

Lv10 – 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8

Lv15 – 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Lv20 – 2008 BMW M3 E92

Lv30 – 2012 Jaguar XKR-S

Lv40 – 2009 Gumpert Apollo S

Lv50 – 2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4

From here: http://www.forzaplanet.net/forza-horizon-loyalty-rewards-revealed/

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
10/17/12 11:14 a.m.
BobOfTheFuture wrote: Those screens looks better then the Demo too. Getting pretty excited about this. How long till me make our own Cannonball?

I'm in!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
10/17/12 11:39 a.m.

I played it. It leaves me feeling, "mehhhh..." I may get it later, though. I like the fact that there are rally courses.

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie Reader
10/17/12 2:25 p.m.

I like the demo, but I don't know if I $60 like the demo. $30...yeah, I could do that.

So basically I'll be waiting about 6 months to pick this one up.

failboat
failboat SuperDork
10/22/12 2:53 p.m.

Just saw that my pre-ordered copy just shipped.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
10/22/12 3:14 p.m.

In reply to failboat:

Let us know what you think. I've got a gift card that may go towards that.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter UltraDork
10/22/12 4:19 p.m.

I played the demo for about 3 hours when it first came out.

The steering felt mushy, even on simulation, and the physics were too arcade for my taste.

What really killed it for me though, is that there's nothing to encourage you to drive the speed limit. Without some penalty for getting caught speeding, I'm robbed of the feeling that I'm getting away with something, which for me is the whole point of playing this game. Even smacking traffic is nothing more than a minor nuisance, and the big open map just becomes "ugh, it's gonna take me 10 minutes to drive to the next event".

Cops were obviously too much to ask for, but couldn't they have made the SOP of the speed cameras and average speed zone to penalize you for speeding (with fines, or maybe by "impounding" the car you're in for a number of day/night cycles)? That would've given you incentive to learn the map such that a skilled player can avoid the speed traps, and maybe opened up missions to intentionally get photographed at ludicrous speed.

I had a lot of hopes for this game, and the demo pretty much crushed them all. I haz a sad now.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
10/22/12 4:21 p.m.

I pre-ordered my copy. I will pick it up at Gamestop tomorrow. Kinda wish I had of ordered from Amazon so I got the Aston instead of a stupid Ferrari.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
10/22/12 4:26 p.m.

We got together and played it a bit last night. Look for a full review in GRM.

I had fun playing it, but it's certainly more aimed at the "lifestyle" person than the serious automotive enthusiast. It felt more arcady (is that a word?) than past Forza games.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
10/23/12 1:07 a.m.

Hey folks, I went ahead and re-made the TGRM club just like how we have it on F4. Its called "GrassrootsMotorsport" with no space and no "s" due to space restrictions, and the tag is TGRM.

This is ok with you guys... right?

Join up!

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
10/23/12 1:40 a.m.

Ok. 1. Get something like the SVT Raptor 2. go to the Rt. 38 speed trap 3. go southwest of that speed trap to the golf course 4. Tear it up/Be awesome

failboat
failboat SuperDork
10/23/12 6:43 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote: I pre-ordered my copy. I will pick it up at Gamestop tomorrow. Kinda wish I had of ordered from Amazon so I got the Aston instead of a stupid Ferrari.

Ill trade you my Aston code for your Ferrari code? I should get it in my email in the next day or two I think.

Going to be a long day at work, need to stay focused. Too much excite with Horizon waiting at my door when I get home.

2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
idUe8PCFFxG9ryRwIPUsjyXrkENoaXE6WV709gaG6V2HGN3uCYjYSx53PbDqiEan